ADVERTISEMENT

Joseph Lewis. USC 5 star

I don't mind civil questions. I love SC but never thought it was perfect. If people want to question me like men I am fine. When people start to make up things as occurred in this thread, I just put them on ignore.

For the record. I don't believe I ever supported the players Bogart or whatever his name is claimed I did. I do believe Cush was on PEDs while at SC, just because of how often he has been caught in the pros. I do believe Reggie's folks took money and that Reggie knew about it. I do not believe the coaches knew an agent had paid him to leave SC early. I do believe the NCAA investigation was fixed against SC (as does the California Court of Appeal.)

That's about all I can thing of. Not sure why this matters now but if anyone what to have a respectful discussion that is fine. I what to beat ND every year but have respect for it. If others want to instruct people to never respect SC that is up to them.

No doubt Pete could have done better at controlling players but before we cast the first stone please recall that Holtz lead five separate teams to NCAA probation, something of a record. That does not compel me to forever lose my respect for ND.
Yeah I don't care about any of that. That happened a decade ago. ND has bigger issues then their main rival's transgressions from the early-mid 90's.

I don't mind civil questions. I love SC but never thought it was perfect. If people want to question me like men I am fine. When people start to make up things as occurred in this thread, I just put them on ignore.

For the record. I don't believe I ever supported the players Bogart or whatever his name is claimed I did. I do believe Cush was on PEDs while at SC, just because of how often he has been caught in the pros. I do believe Reggie's folks took money and that Reggie knew about it. I do not believe the coaches knew an agent had paid him to leave SC early. I do believe the NCAA investigation was fixed against SC (as does the California Court of Appeal.)

That's about all I can thing of. Not sure why this matters now but if anyone what to have a respectful discussion that is fine. I what to beat ND every year but have respect for it. If others want to instruct people to never respect SC that is up to them.

No doubt Pete could have done better at controlling players but before we cast the first stone please recall that Holtz lead five separate teams to NCAA probation, something of a record. That does not compel me to forever lose my respect for ND.

Exactly what was made up? .... SC was a sewer under Carroll .... I asked if those days were over ..... you said yes .... apparently answering without knowing what you were talking about .... it was a simple question ..... you want to deny sticking up for SC at the time .... you have always defended SC .... Malthuga?? .... Frostee Rucker??? .... these are just a few examples .... you want to interpret this as an attack ..... how convenient ..... it is a restatement of past facts ..... have things changed or can we expect J Lewis to not miss a game

You would like to believe that coaches didn't know about R Bush ... they would have to be morons to not know .... if they didn't it is only because they didn't want to .... plausible deniability is all one has to maintain .... you didn't have to visit the estate his folks were living in ... look at his pimped ride .... 250 thousand in cash .... plus gifts .... puhleeze

Carroll could've run a tighter ship??? ... that could be the understatement of the century .... he kept guys who belong in prison eligible .... it was a sewer .... explain admitting F Rucker after sexually assaulting an 11 yr old girl ..... Mathuga? ... the list is long..

If you think ND's program discretions compare with SC you are smoking crack .... but this is what you do .... the SC internet police ..... defending all things SC

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916656/article/houston-texans-to-release-linebacker-brian-cushing?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league%3Bteam%3Dhou%3Bconf%3Dafc%3Bdvsn%3Dacs%3Bplyr%3Dbrian_cushing&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp
I remember Cushing wreaking havoc on us about 10 or so years ago. I think the stink was he was using PED's at USC. I dont remember the whole story because it was awhile ago but once again its guys we have to face on the field that maybe dont deserve to be there. Another one of Caroll's boys.

That isn't what he may be best known for either ... my fav was the white supremacist Facebook page he and Clay Matthews put together

USC OLB Clay Matthews reportedly created a Facebook group during his junior season called "White Nation," which showed a photo of an African American baby in handcuffs.

Under the picture was a caption saying "arrest black babies before they become criminals." It also said "This group is not for the faint of heart. All members are athletes of Caucasion descent. We are just doing our duty of protecting the Arian brotherhood." Brian Cushing, K David Buehler, and former Redskins draft pick Dallas Sartz joined the group. The athletic dept. billed the group as a joke. Matthews later issued a formal apology.

Wow. Never heard that story. In today's society the outcome may have been different. Makes me wonder how they got along with their own teammates after that.

Okay, I hate USC just about as much as the next guy. I'm a particular hater of PC. And I reveled in the Reggie Bush sanctions. However, this post is beyond ridiculous.
The "White Nation" title came from the name that the African-American USC players gave to the linebacker trio of Cushing, Matthews, and Sartz, since they're all white.
The facebook group was started by the LBs, and the quotes were quips aimed at their black USC teammates, who reportedly stood up for Matthews and Cushing when they were quesitoned about it. Specifically, Keith Rivers (a black LB) said that none of the black Trojan players took offense to the comments, which were very clearly a joke resulting from the nickname that the black players gave to the white LBs.

Okay, I hate USC just about as much as the next guy. I'm a particular hater of PC. And I reveled in the Reggie Bush sanctions. However, this post is beyond ridiculous.
The "White Nation" title came from the name that the African-American USC players gave to the linebacker trio of Cushing, Matthews, and Sartz, since they're all white.
The facebook group was started by the LBs, and the quotes were quips aimed at their black USC teammates, who reportedly stood up for Matthews and Cushing when they were quesitoned about it. Specifically, Keith Rivers (a black LB) said that none of the black Trojan players took offense to the comments, which were very clearly a joke resulting from the nickname that the black players gave to the white LBs.

The level of stupidity is off the charts ..... there is usually a price to be paid for stupidity .... try this at your place of work and see if anyone thinks it's funny .... then wait and see if you have a job the next day

Reactions: hoopsstar12

Please explain the Holtz probation issues other than Dunbar

Lou Holtz
2 of 10

1. Lou Holtz is typically not thought of as a dirty coach, but has left every program he coached at just before they were hit with NCAA probation. NC State, Minnesota, Arkansas, Notre Dame, and South Carolina were all found to have violated NCAA rules while under the leadership of Holtz.

Holtz was also overseeing the Notre Dame Football team when they were caught distributing steroids in the locker room during the late 80’s and early 90’s. The NCAA allowed the Irish to handle the matter internally, but there is no way Holtz was unaware of all that was going on with his program.

Holtz should go down as one of the most successful coaches in the modern era of football, but should not have a blind eye turned to the legacy he left at each school he coached.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/811094-the-most-scandalous-figures-in-college-football-history

no felony charges; misdemeanor charges possible.
So, do you suspend the kid and get him guidance or do you trash the kid’s future?
The likely answer will be whether this is a 1st offense.

no felony charges; misdemeanor charges possible.
So, do you suspend the kid and get him guidance or do you trash the kid’s future?
The likely answer will be whether this is a 1st offense.

He is already suspended. I doubt he will be back

Suspensions this time of year are meaningless.

FYI ---- Step one for USC --- get charges reduced to misdemeanor ---- USC alum lawyer step one complete

Suspensions this time of year are meaningless.

FYI ---- Step one for USC --- get charges reduced to misdemeanor ---- USC alum lawyer step one complete

Or consider the possibility that the matter might be handled appropriately. And if that results in Lewis’s reinstatment and then if that is the just result do you really need to be bitter or vindictive because you are a ND fan?

I don't care if its a felony or not, from what heard he hit a women, I don't want him back even if he is the second coming of Jerry Rice.

Reactions: Pennick4
Or consider the possibility that the matter might be handled appropriately. And if that results in Lewis’s reinstatment and then if that is the just result do you really need to be bitter or vindictive because you are a ND fan?

Yes .... I considered it might be handled appropriately .... and it may .... I also considered history .... how things have been handled in the past .... when considering what might happen and what historically has usually happened .... History repeating itself has better odds

Incredibly, after getting out on July 6, this pittut has gotten arrested again on a DV charge.

As pointed out by an SC poster, it looks like the Ca. dept. of corrections will have more 5*’s (3) than most current D1 teams.

Last edited:
Lou Holtz
2 of 10

1. Lou Holtz is typically not thought of as a dirty coach, but has left every program he coached at just before they were hit with NCAA probation. NC State, Minnesota, Arkansas, Notre Dame, and South Carolina were all found to have violated NCAA rules while under the leadership of Holtz.

Holtz was also overseeing the Notre Dame Football team when they were caught distributing steroids in the locker room during the late 80’s and early 90’s. The NCAA allowed the Irish to handle the matter internally, but there is no way Holtz was unaware of all that was going on with his program.

Holtz should go down as one of the most successful coaches in the modern era of football, but should not have a blind eye turned to the legacy he left at each school he coached.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/811094-the-most-scandalous-figures-in-college-football-history
lou was no saint. i don't know of any coach that is or was.

Reactions: Pennick4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT