ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Brady

Notre Dame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 9, 2021
Seems to be emerging as the media favorite. Would be a big recruiting boost. Coached Burrow and Chase. I think he’d be an upgrade from Rees. Win win for us if we ca get him.

Joe Brady is going to get an OC job in the NFL soon so I don’t know if he’d be interested in ND but if we got him he’d be a home run of home runs. I thought the Jets interviewed him for OC.

Joe Brady is going to get an OC job in the NFL soon so I don’t know if he’d be interested in ND but if we got him he’d be a home run of home runs. I thought the Jets interviewed him for OC.
How would a guy who has said publicly that one of the reasons he left the college game for the NFL was because he hates recruiting be a home run ?

Reactions: NDinNJ
How would a guy who has said publicly that one of the reasons he left the college game for the NFL was because he hates recruiting be a home run ?
1. Being a great OC trumps lack of recruiting

2. Huge name. So he's going to get players on reputation. He wouldnt have to put in the same amount of work as a Rees

2. Huge name. So he's going to get players on reputation. He wouldnt have to put in the same amount of work as a Rees
The question to me is does freeman want someone that has no chance of being here more than 1-2 years or does he want someone that could be here longer

Agree but he’s a qb coach, OC at nd is significantly better
IMO, he isn't walking away from coaching Josh Allen and working under Sean McDermott, to go chase 16/17-year-olds around the country and recruit..

IMO, he isn't walking away from coaching Josh Allen and working under Sean McDermott.
Depends on pay too. No idea what he makes but if he comes to ND and wins, he will likely get a HC job in college pretty easily. I thought he was interviewing with Jets for OC. I think the reason to be worried about Brady is bc he’s too big of a name and can get OC in NFL. If we somehow got him, it would be pretty great. He’s far bigger than Tommy Rees.

Hard pass on Joe Brady in my opinion.

If they look at the NFL the QB coach in Philly is the more likely and better candidate

Depends on pay too. No idea what he makes but if he comes to ND and wins, he will likely get a HC job in college pretty easily. I thought he was interviewing with Jets for OC. I think the reason to be worried about Brady is bc he’s too big of a name and can get OC in NFL. If we somehow got him, it would be pretty great. He’s far bigger than Tommy Rees.
Tommy Rees is reportedly making 2-million per year at Alabama. If Joe Brady was interested in an immediate pay raise, IMO he would be the Alabama OC today.

Tommy Rees is reportedly making 2-million per year at Alabama. If Joe Brady was interested in an immediate pay raise, IMO he would be the Alabama OC today.
Not if Saban wanted Rees. Garrett Riley is better than Rees and Saban didn’t get him either. Brady might be a better fit for us than for Saban. Freeman might be a better fit for Brady than Saban. Brady and Freeman know each other. Maybe he doesn’t know Saban. There are multiple factors.

Hard pass on Joe Brady in my opinion.

If they look at the NFL the QB coach in Philly is the more likely and better candidate
What if it meant Wingo comes to ND, we keep Carr, land another 5 star skill player and a top 5 QB in ‘25 bc Joe Brady can tell them he helped make Burrow and Chase and coaches Allen? Joe Brady is a big name. That matters. He also knows how to coach, obviously.

Again, he’s a top candidate for a variety of OC jobs in the NFL. The only way we get him is if he wants to be in college again. He’d be a monster hire. Having Hartman, our OL, and running backs is a nice pitch.

There’s a similar situation brewing at OC as there was at QB. ND offers a monster opportunity with a wide open position to come in and make a name for yourself. There’s no rebuilding this offense. The pieces are there for a top 10 offense. It’s a golden opp.

Last edited:
Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
And he picked one that doesn't want to recruit.
He’s not going to agree with you on that one bc Driskell said that doesn’t matter. I tend to agree with Driskell in that regard, but not just because he said it. I can formulate my own opinion without watching a podcast.

Brady doesn’t have to recruit hardly at all. His name and past working with QBs and receivers carries a lot of weight. The position coaches do a damn fine job with that. Stuckey and McCullough will be grinding as will Freeman. Brady just has to call CJ and say hi once a week.

He’s not going to agree with you on that one bc Driskell said that doesn’t matter. I tend to agree with Driskell in that regard, but not just because he said it. I can formulate my own opinion without watching a podcast.

Brady doesn’t have to recruit hardly at all. His name and past working with QBs and receivers carries a lot of weight. The position coaches do a damn fine job with that.
You are the one who hand picked him

He doesn’t have to recruit hardly at all. The position coaches do a damn fine job with that.
Since freeman says that he expects his coaches to be a dog on the recruiting trail and Tommy was a bigtime closer for the offensive guys, it's very likely the new OC is going to have to play a major role in recruiting. Brady wants to be in the NFL, he's openly said so. I think he'd do a good job, I just don't think it's a fit as mf wants more of a long term partner than a rental.

I didn't think about ludvig until I watched the same ib podcast, go watch some of that guys games. Don't know Tom's about him but he looks impressive.

I still like chip long because he has ties to Harry and is a good recruiter.

I’m not the only one that likes him best. So does Driskell. Just saying.
I'm not sure he likes him best, he thinks it's the splashiest hire with big upside. I got the impression he liked ludvig more from that podcast.

Last edited:
Since freeman says that he expects his coaches to be a dog on the recruiting trail and Tommy was a bigtime closer for the offensive guys, it's very likely the new OC is going to have to play a major role in recruiting. Brady wants to be in the NFL, he's openly said so. I think he'd do a good job, I just don't think it's a fit as mf wants more of a long term partner than a rental.

I didn't think about ludvig until I watched the same ib podcast, go watch some of that guys games. Don't know Tom's about him but he looks impressive.

I still like chip long because he has ties to Harry and is a good recruiter.
Long term OCs are hard to come by and the cost is usually mediocrity. If you can find a career OC that is a dog in recruiting then great. But I don’t see that guy out there. Bama makes a living off of short term rentals.

I'm not sure he likes him best, he thinks it's the splashiest higher with big upside. I got the impression he liked ludvig more from that podcast.
If Ludwig is a career OC that can recruit with the best of them, wants to live in South Bend, and gets along with HH, then he might be a good get. I don’t hate that idea.

I also wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Freeman calls Leftwich.

Reactions: mirer03

No it doesn't. Coordinators are and need to be major players in recruiting.

Reactions: mirer03
You actually think the name Joe Brady doesn’t carry tremendous weight in recruiting? His name isn’t Tommy Rees. Seriously. He might not like recruiting but neither does HH. It works fine for him bc he’s HH.

You actually think the name Joe Brady doesn’t carry tremendous weight in recruiting? His name isn’t Tommy Rees. Seriously. He might not like recruiting but neither does HH. It works fine for him bc he’s HH.
I think 2019 is getting farther and farther away and the relevance of that one year becomes less and less every year he's in the NFL. He also didn't call plays that year for LSU.

No they don't. We have dogs recruiting on offense. Hh will get his guys and OC will have no impact there.

All you need is to have a great offense and kids will want to play here. And have an OC that you use as a closer

Brady would be able to get skill talent because of who he is

You're wrong

No they don't. We have dogs recruiting on offense. Hh will get his guys and OC will have no impact there.

All you need is to have a great offense and kids will want to play here. And have an OC that you use as a closer

Brady would be able to get skill talent because of who he is

You're wrong
Freeman hs stated he wants all his coaches to be dogs on the recruiting trail.

Freeman hs stated he wants all his coaches to be dogs on the recruiting trail.
Well they aren't. And you dont need a dog when you can be the closer as OC. He could get the same amount of talent if not more even by working much less harder than Rees

HH, Deland, Stuckey are dogs. Put up 40 ppg and you dont need the OC to be a dog. They will come to him

ADVERTISEMENT