ADVERTISEMENT

JAMES LAURINAITIS RETURNING TO OHIO STATE AS DEFENSIVE GRADUATE ASSISTANT

Im talking Hartman. He's not a top 5 QB

And I don't agree at all or OSU and Clemson would have been after him in the portal. They weren't. At all

They have higher upside guys who might not be better than him right now but a few games in they will be. Much more talented than him
Damn. I guess the seasons over. Time to pack it in already!

I would be more shocked if Hartman finished the 2023 season outside top 10 qbs than inside top 3

If styles can get his act together we will have weapons and depth all over the offensive side being led with a smart accurate (especially downfield) seasoned and sneaky athletic qb

I would be more shocked if Hartman finished the 2023 season outside top 10 qbs than inside top 3

If styles can get his act together we will have weapons and depth all over the offensive side being led with a smart accurate (especially downfield) seasoned and sneaky athletic qb
He's not top 5 regardless

Nfl caliber agree, college, we shall see
Both. Just because a guy puts up numbers doesnt make someone better. He's in a real good situation. That doesn't mean someone couldnt do the same or better

Book finished 9th in the Heisman. Dob you really think he was a top 5 qb? Nah

Both. Just because a guy puts up numbers doesnt make someone better. He's in a real good situation. That doesn't mean someone couldnt do the same or better

Book finished 9th in the Heisman. Dob you really think he was a top 5 qb? Nah
A top 5 college qb at nd will be at the heisman ceremony

If he puts up numbers and goes 11-1 or better like I think we should then yes he’ll be a top college qb

Reactions: tbone3114
Just using that list, Id take Mccarthy and Pratt next year over Hartman. I think they both have more ability
To each their own, travis, nix, daniels can be passed though. More phsyical talent, but i like hartmans mental ability much more.

Is it me or does Daniels look like Darnell Turner from My Name is Earl?
fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u3.jpg

Lol in his first year. He was teaching what Golden wanted him to teach

If the OL fails I'm blaming HH, not the GA

When Quinns line sucked, I didn't hear one person blame the GA

When Del Alexander sucked, I didn't hear one person blame the GA

When QB play was bad, I didn't hear one person blame a GA

When Polians special teams sucked, I didn't hear one person blame the GA

When our defense under BVG sucked, I didn't hear one person blame any of the GAs

When people say our DL didn't play up to their ability this year, I didn't hear one person blame a GA

This is nonsense. Al Golden is the linebackers coach. Hes been a coach for 30 years. He was in the nfl coaching last year. So he comes to ND and the GA is getting the blame for poor LB play last year. In his first season of coaching. The only reason you hear his name is because of his name.

That is beyond ridiculous

Right because you have to be a 30 year coach to teach tackling technique and do video review. And the 30 year lb coach was also responsible for updating the defense, learning all his players strengths and then designing a play call sheet.... he had plenty of time to go show the kids something that can be taught by pee wee coaches ... What a joke.

I do believe you will see more of an advance on the lb coaching from golden this year. He had a very full plate last year. The only thing I really don't understand is his lack of recruiting as this was a previous strength of his.

Not sure this is a great move for him. I wonder if other schools will show any interest now that he's shown he will want to return to OSU when they have an opening...

Right because you have to be a 30 year coach to teach tackling technique and do video review. And the 30 year lb coach was also responsible for updating the defense, learning all his players strengths and then designing a play call sheet.... he had plenty of time to go show the kids something that can be taught by pee wee coaches ... What a joke.

I do believe you will see more of an advance on the lb coaching from golden this year. He had a very full plate last year. The only thing I really don't understand is his lack of recruiting as this was a previous strength of his.
Yeah coaching is so easy, anyone can do it...

Yeah coaching is so easy, anyone can do it...
No they can't. But a former top tier college and NFL line backer can. They didn't bring him in and just have him do nothing.

Grad assistants are usually spending a ton of time with the third team. All those guys that people want to see playing and developed... A lot of that was handled by Laurentiis this year. If they come out and blow up next year, a fair amount of the ground work will be due to laurenitis.

The position coach simply cannot work with 1st 2nd 3rd and scout teamers all the time. Position Coaches are getting the first and second stringers ready for the next week. Grad assistants are integral to modern college football.

Reactions: Kelso86
No they can't. But a former top tier college and NFL line backer can. They didn't bring him in and just have him do nothing.

Grad assistants are usually spending a ton of time with the third team. All those guys that people want to see playing and developed... A lot of that was handled by Laurentiis this year. If they come out and blow up next year, a fair amount of the ground work will be due to laurenitis.

The position coach simply cannot work with 1st 2nd 3rd and scout teamers all the time. Position Coaches are getting the first and second stringers ready for the next week. Grad assistants are integral to modern college football.
So why would Laurinaitis get blamed for the linebacker struggles this year.

No one is talking about 3rd string

He being blamed for our poor LB play

And its beyond ridiculous

No one solely blamed him, I blame golden and freeman more. Lb play has been poor for two years in a row and freeman/golden are supposed to be great lb coaches. Lauranitus my understanding did a lot of work with all lbs due to golden being involved everywhere on D.

No one solely blamed him, I blame golden and freeman more. Lb play has been poor for two years in a row and freeman/golden are supposed to be great lb coaches. Lauranitus my understanding did a lot of work with all lbs due to golden being involved everywhere on D.
Thanks coach Lea for poor recruiting at the position. Bertrand, Kiser, Liufau, Bauer.... not good enough

Thanks coach Lea for poor recruiting at the position. Bertrand, Kiser, Liufau, Bauer.... not good enough
Completely agree, but he did land Kollie too who everyone thought or thinks should be a stud. But yes, Lea was not a great recruiter. We need a great recruiter who can coach as good as Lea.

Our talent level is definitely increasing, but no signs on our ability to coach them up yet. This year will be big to see if Kollie, Sneed, Ziegler, Niuafe can take over for lbs that haven't been playing good and don't have the most talent.

Last edited:

That's not all they do, but yes it is a huge impact.

1. For those wondering why Marist kept playing when he struggled... Who was getting the guys behind him ready? That would be the grad assistant

2. For all the wrong gaps taken, and wrong decisions made... Who was cutting and doing film prep? That would be the grad assistant

3. Who will lead the majority of tackling drills in practice and give immediate feedback? Yup grad assistant

Coaching is basically a team sport all its own. Ultimately its the positions coaches responsibility, but a GREAT DEAL of the prep and leg work is done by the grad assistants.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86 and Golson5
That's not all they do, but yes it is a huge impact.

1. For those wondering why Marist kept playing when he struggled... Who was getting the guys behind him ready? That would be the grad assistant

2. For all the wrong gaps taken, and wrong decisions made... Who was cutting and doing film prep? That would be the grad assistant

3. Who will lead the majority of tackling drills in practice and give immediate feedback? Yup grad assistant

Coaching is basically a team sport all its own. Ultimately its the positions coaches responsibility, but a GREAT DEAL of the prep and leg work is done by the grad assistants.
LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT