ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Coan = Joe Borrows 2.0 !!

Book>Coan.

Sorry, the most talented guy on the roster at QB next year will be a true freshman. Coan will likely start, but I do not see any super star here.

We are taking a step back next season regardless of what anyone says. We just had a really good team and it's time to rebuild.

I think we lose to at least 3 of the following teams: Wisconsin, Cinci, USC, and UNC. Going to be a not so memorable year.

I think 2022 we take a big step forward after our loss to Ohio State to start the year.

we will will always have ‘stupid’

A kid with poor mechanics, no history against top competition, even in high school, a kid that was #18th at elite 11, who has only played few games in 3 years, AND you rate him above Kyle Hamilton!

You are too dumb to own a computer, unplug it and give it to a 3rd grader!

1397414.0.jpeg

You think your a funny guy. But wait until you get old. At least Conrad had Glory in his life.

Just talked to an Long Island buddy who refs lacrosse games and watched Captain Jack Coan play both LAX and Football. He said he is the real deal. Incredible athlete -- in one game they were down by three he did the face-offs, won three in a row, ran down the field and hit kids for layups. In football, his son said, when they played their high school (the son played football at Amherst) "that is the best HS QB he's ever seen." His coach said he was the "Smartest athlete he's ever coached." Michigan pushed for him but he didn't like Harbaugh. He was ready to play late this year but it is clear Wisky was looking long-term.

Perfect bridge for Buchner -- who will get some snaps -- and does what Phil would have done for a year. Win-win for Captain Jack and the Irish. Hope you are right Bodi!

In Joe Burrow's first year Junior at LSU with a ton of weapons was 219 out of 379 (57.8 %) for 2894 yds with 16 TD passes and 5 ints. A 133.2 rating.

*** As a Junior in his first full year as a Junior at Wisconsin with far less weapons Captain Jack was 236 out of 339 ( 69 % !!) with 18 td passes and 5 ints. A much higher rating than Joe of with 151. 8 !!

Do I expect Captain Jack to throw for 5,671 YDS with a 76% accuracy rate and 60 td's and 6 ints with a 202.0 rating like Joe did in his next year ???

If ND'S high ranked receivers come through and Jack stays healthy--why the hell not !!! The Irish will be playing a very east schedule in 2021 ! Much easiers than LSU'S in 2019 !!

Just watch Captain Jacks film !! Just listen to what Urban Meyer said about him !!

He makes all the progressions stays in the pocket and throws with GREAT accuracy plus he is a big boy at 6'3" 230 pounds !! He didn't have any weapons at Wisconsin and he still did excellent even against a tough Ohio State team !!

I loved Ian Book --he was a great QB but Captain Jack will break all of Notre Dames single season records in 2021 !!

we will will always have ‘stupid’

A kid with poor mechanics, no history against top competition, even in high school, a kid that was #18th at elite 11, who has only played few games in 3 years, AND you rate him above Kyle Hamilton!

You are too dumb to own a computer, unplug it and give it to a 3rd grader!
Since when does Kyle Hamilton play quarterback? Talk about dumb. You aren’t even literate. Not a big fan of posters that attack other posters, but you fired the first shots dip shit.

I actually like Jack Coan and think it's a upgrade over Book. I was watching the guys on Irish Breakdown and the guy has great timing.

Compared to Matt Ryan
I think come September you'll change your mind. This board will be missing Ian Book next season. They'll also be missing Clark Lea. It's psychology of excitement. It's the same reason people get excited when a new coach comes in. We are all guilty of it. There are a lot of "fun" things happening within the program. We will have a new defensive coach, we will have a new quarterback. That's exciting. However, exciting doesn't mean better. That 2020 team was one for the ages. It may be a while before we get back to that. Hopefully not too long.

Burrow was on the pine at OSU, he was good not anywhere great his first year as a starter at LSU. Add Joe Brady and he had the greatest individual QB season in college football history.

Football coaches are the best! They will beat your brains out on Friday night, Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Then invite you out for a beer or have a clinic and tell you exactly how they did it. If I was Tom Rees I’d be calling Joe Brady for some 1 on 1 time.

I certainly hope there is someone at ND that can teach Buchner some mechanics. Scoring near the bottom at the elite 11 was an unexpected disappointment. Sounds like he’s throwing side armed and not accurate at all.

I think Coan starting is a foregone conclusion. He did very well at Wisconsin and he was a solid 4 star recruit in hs. He’s bigger than our other quarterbacks and he’s a man, not a boy. He’s apparently smart, mature, big, experienced, and as highly rated in talent as any quarterback on the roster. Not a big arm, but he’s accurate. He’d be the starter at Wisconsin if not for the injury and he led them to the Rose Bowl. He will look like a man next to Buchner and it won’t even b close imo. Not a super star, but a solid player. Probably will be the best quarterback other than Book that we’ve had since Clausen.

Last edited:
I certainly hope there is someone at ND that can teach Buchner some mechanics. Scoring near the bottom at the elite 11 was an unexpected disappointment. Sounds like he’s throwing side armed and not accurate at all.

I think Coan starting is a foregone conclusion. He did very well at Wisconsin and he was a solid 4 star recruit in hs. He’s bigger than our other quarterbacks and he’s a man, not a boy. He’s apparently smart, mature, big, experienced, and as highly rated in talent as any quarterback on the roster. Not a big arm, but he’s accurate. He’d be the starter at Wisconsin if not for the injury and he led them to the Rose Bowl. He will look like a man next to Buchner and it won’t even b close imo. Not a super star, but a solid player. Probably will be the best quarterback other than Book that we’ve had since Clausen.

Believe me when I tell you that Captain Jack will be an upgrade over the great Ian Book ! I have been a big fan of Ian Book since his first game with the Irish and I stuck with him when everyone was saying how terrible Ian was after the Louisville game ! Without Book we lose that game ! Book bailed out the Irish on numerous occasions and if Avery Davis didn't drop that 4th and three pass deep in Clemson territory we would have been in another classic dog fight with Clemson !

But when I watch the highlites of Captain Jack I am reminded of a more muscular Tom Brady when Tom played at Michigan. Brian Kelly and Tom Rees (who is a helluva coach by the way) will change the offense drastically when Captain Jack assumes the reigns this spring. We will still be a smashmouth run team but the passing game will be a beautifull thing to watch ! Jack will keep using his 70 % accuracy (should be up to 75 % this year) to hit AllAmerican Michael Mayer and Kyren Williams and Chris Tyree and BELIEVE ME !, a few of these highly talented underclassman receivers will have break out years and Coan will have a huge year !
I said Ian Book would win the heisman. I was wrong. But who besides me thought early in 2020 that he would finish 9th in the Heisman voting ?? !! Do the math... Right now I am saying Captain Jack will have a Joe Burrowws type year.. That would be 60 TD passes ! Well lets say I am wrong again like I was wrong about Ian Book... Ian finished 9th instead of first. Well my math tells me That Coan would get like 42 td passes !! Still not bad !

*** I am sorry for my excitement !! But all the Naysayers and experts and normal people say that this is a rebuilding year for the Irish and the Irish would be lucky to get ten wins !! Hell !! ESPN has the Irish only finishing 15th !
I am telling you right now. Shouting from the freeking roof tops !! That the Irish are finished with that off year rebuilding BS !
And we are going 12 and 0 and be even better than last year !
The Irish have been recruiting GREAT Olineman and developing them GREATLY ! You are going to love the way they look !
The Irish have a SUPER easy schedule and the best Defensive coach in college football !!
12 and 0 ! Go Irish !!

Believe me when I tell you that Captain Jack will be an upgrade over the great Ian Book ! I have been a big fan of Ian Book since his first game with the Irish and I stuck with him when everyone was saying how terrible Ian was after the Louisville game ! Without Book we lose that game ! Book bailed out the Irish on numerous occasions and if Avery Davis didn't drop that 4th and three pass deep in Clemson territory we would have been in another classic dog fight with Clemson !

But when I watch the highlites of Captain Jack I am reminded of a more muscular Tom Brady when Tom played at Michigan. Brian Kelly and Tom Rees (who is a helluva coach by the way) will change the offense drastically when Captain Jack assumes the reigns this spring. We will still be a smashmouth run team but the passing game will be a beautifull thing to watch ! Jack will keep using his 70 % accuracy (should be up to 75 % this year) to hit AllAmerican Michael Mayer and Kyren Williams and Chris Tyree and BELIEVE ME !, a few of these highly talented underclassman receivers will have break out years and Coan will have a huge year !
I said Ian Book would win the heisman. I was wrong. But who besides me thought early in 2020 that he would finish 9th in the Heisman voting ?? !! Do the math... Right now I am saying Captain Jack will have a Joe Burrowws type year.. That would be 60 TD passes ! Well lets say I am wrong again like I was wrong about Ian Book... Ian finished 9th instead of first. Well my math tells me That Coan would get like 42 td passes !! Still not bad !

*** I am sorry for my excitement !! But all the Naysayers and experts and normal people say that this is a rebuilding year for the Irish and the Irish would be lucky to get ten wins !! Hell !! ESPN has the Irish only finishing 15th !
I am telling you right now. Shouting from the freeking roof tops !! That the Irish are finished with that off year rebuilding BS !
The Irish have been recruiting GREAT Olineman and developing them GREATLY ! You are going to love the way they look !
The Irish have a SUPER easy schedule and the best Defensive coach in college football !!
12 and 0 ! Go Irish !!
Rah Rah, Sis Boom Baa

If he can stand in the pocket and throw over 30 yards, it will be an improvement. Can he handle the game manager scheme under this regime????? Can he hurry to the line and than get a delay of game penalty? if not, he will not be selected as our starter.
Sorry still bitter from the lack of QB development.

30 yards ?

Do you know what Tom Brady’s career “yards per attempt” stat is ?

7.5 YPA

Do you know what Ian Book’s ND career “yards per attempt” stat is ?

7.8 YPA

30 yards ?

“Bitter”. ? Book is the winningest QB in ND history !

And you’re “bitter”

I’d use the term “ignorant”, not “bitter”

Reactions: Pennick4

12 and 0 ! Go Irish !!

I have to disagree with your premise !

One of the things that made Ara a great coach was that he designed his offense based upon the talent he had at hand. Ara didn’t have a “system” where he just plugged in the players to fit his system. Ara adapted, based upon his talent pool.

My early criticism of Kelly was that he was rigid, that he had a system and used players who best fit that system, rather than use more talented player and modify his system in order to maximize their talent.

I offer Deshone Kizer as exhibit “A”
I offer Wimbush as exhibit “B”

There are more exhibits 😜
John Huarte and Jack Snow and others for Ara

If Jack Coan is a gifted/talented QB, my question is:
Will Kelly remain rigid and force Coan to fit into his system ?

Or will Kelly modify his system to best fit Coan’s talents ?

I don’t have your optimism, but I’m hoping that Kelly maximizes Coan’s talent.

I have to disagree with your premise !

One of the things that made Ara a great coach was that he designed his offense based upon the talent he had at hand. Ara didn’t have a “system” where he just plugged in the players to fit his system. Ara adapted, based upon his talent pool.

My early criticism of Kelly was that he was rigid, that he had a system and used players who best fit that system, rather than use more talented player and modify his system in order to maximize their talent.

I offer Deshone Kizer as exhibit “A”
I offer Wimbush as exhibit “B”

There are more exhibits 😜
John Huarte and Jack Snow and others for Ara

If Jack Coan is a gifted/talented QB, my question is:
Will Kelly remain rigid and force Coan to fit into his system ?

Or will Kelly modify his system to best fit Coan’s talents ?

I don’t have your optimism, but I’m hoping that Kelly maximizes Coan’s talent.
How do you think Coan’s skill set either fits or doesn’t fit Kelly’s system? Serious question.

How do you think Coan’s skill set either fits or doesn’t fit Kelly’s system? Serious question.

In the words of Mao/Zhou, “it’s too early to judge.”

Serious answer:

He completed 69.6 % of his passes for 2,727 yards for a YPA of 8.04 and had an 18/5 TD to INT ratio.

Those college stats, earned by playing in the big 10, are indicative of his skill set.
He’s a skilled passer of the football.

Zaire over Kizer
Wimbush over Book

Kelly’s system or selection process hasn’t seemed to have favored skilled passers.

Hope that helps.

Serious answer:

He completed 69.6 % of his passes for 2,727 yards for a YPA of 8.04 and had an 18/5 TD to INT ratio.

Those college stats, earned by playing in the big 10, are indicative of his skill set.

Zaire over Kizer
Wimbush over Book

Kelly’s system or selection process hasn’t seemed to have favored skilled passers.

Hope that helps.
Well, I happen to think his skill set is a good match for Kelly’s system. Based on limited film and stats, he appears to be a good passer; willing to trust his linemen and stays in the pocket; makes good reads; trusts his receivers and their routes; willing to throw to the middle of the field; and someone who takes the occasional Shot downfield. He’s not going to scramble and extend plays, nor be a running threat. The later we will miss as we got accustomed to Book‘s athleticism and carrying the team on occasion with his legs as much as his arm. He’s more Kizer than Wimbush, etc... maybe a bigger stronger arm version of Rees. I expect good things from Coan, but hope we see Buckner emerge as a threat to start by season’s end.

Serious answer:

Zaire over Kizer
Wimbush over Book

Hope that helps.
Why quote one of history’s worst dictators?

Why quote one of history’s worst dictators?

Because it’s apropos of the query Telx1 made.

All of a sudden we’re only allowed to quote people you approve .?

You didn’t seem to mind when a poster quoted Nikita Khrushchev, so are you an anti-Asian racist

You’re not one of those revisionist history and cancel culture morons are you ?

ADVERTISEMENT