ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Coan = Joe Borrows 2.0 !!

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
Just what we needed to make our Championship run in 2021 !! We lacked the big time speed receivers this year but next year we will have Jordan Johnson and Kevin Austin and a healthy Braden Lenzy among many others !!
It will still be ground and pound like 2020 but there will be many QUICK STRIKE TD passes from the big strong armed Jack Coan !!
12 and 0 and the sky is the Limit in 2021 !
Go Irish !! 12 and 0 !!

Just what we needed to make our Championship run in 2021 !! We lacked the big time speed receivers this year but next year we will have Jordan Johnson and Kevin Austin and a healthy Braden Lenzy among many others !!
It will still be ground and pound like 2020 but there will be many QUICK STRIKE TD passes from the big strong armed Jack Coan !!
Go Irish !! 12 and 0 !!

I'm with you sir!

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Go Irish !! 12 and 0 !!

Hey! “Not So” is back

Why the hell should anybody predict losses for us next year at this point? We have a damn near entire new OL that might prove as good or better than this years. We should be at Least as good, if not better at running back, and you can make the same argument at receiver. Coan will stay in the pocket, deliver passes across the middle, and go deep. His skill set is different than Book’s. Not necessarily better, but different. If Buckner or Clark beat him out, then we know we have a talented young starter with a skilled experienced reliever on the sidelines.
Defense is in good shape except for our defensive backs, and we’ll get a sense this Spring if we have reason to expect progress or regress with this position group.
The schedule has some challenges, but on paper, every game looks winnable. Have to do it on the field and we might fall flat, or excel...but At this point in time, I am thinking, dreaming, hoping for another undefeated season.

Go Irish !! 12 and 0 !!

Who is Joe Burroughs? lol

Now, the guy who transferred from OSU -- Joe Burrow -- he had a heck of a season, a fantastic scheme, set of receivers, and an OC who was not afraid of pushing the ball downfield.

As far as a championship run in 2021 -- a 10-3 season with a bowl win will be a major accomplishment. There will be A LOT of growing pains in 2021.

Last edited:
Go Irish !! 12 and 0 !!
Lots of work to do - roll up the sleeves - get it done!

Go Irish !! 12 and 0 !!
If anyone has not watched his highlights from 2019, here you go. Probably going to be our best quarterback by far next season....

Just talked to an Long Island buddy who refs lacrosse games and watched Captain Jack Coan play both LAX and Football. He said he is the real deal. Incredible athlete -- in one game they were down by three he did the face-offs, won three in a row, ran down the field and hit kids for layups. In football, his son said, when they played their high school (the son played football at Amherst) "that is the best HS QB he's ever seen." His coach said he was the "Smartest athlete he's ever coached." Michigan pushed for him but he didn't like Harbaugh. He was ready to play late this year but it is clear Wisky was looking long-term.

Perfect bridge for Buchner -- who will get some snaps -- and does what Phil would have done for a year. Win-win for Captain Jack and the Irish. Hope you are right Bodi!

Go Irish !! 12 and 0 !!
So you see an undefeated season, and National championship, then Heisman and then the No 1 Pick in the NFL draft just because the Irish are getting Jack Coan??

If he can stand in the pocket and throw over 30 yards, it will be an improvement. Can he handle the game manager scheme under this regime????? Can he hurry to the line and than get a delay of game penalty? if not, he will not be selected as our starter.
Sorry still bitter from the lack of QB development.

If he can stand in the pocket and throw over 30 yards, it will be an improvement. Can he handle the game manager scheme under this regime????? Can he hurry to the line and than get a delay of game penalty? if not, he will not be selected as our starter.
Sorry still bitter from the lack of QB development.
He has a similar arm to Book. Just watch his highlights. He's not a huge running threat so he's going to need protection and some good receivers to step up. He can run though and has a bigger heftier body than book so he doesn't go down quite as easily. Not shifty. He doesn't have many big highlights like Ian. He's going to need to get on campus ASAP and start working with the receivers. He will NOT be as good as Ian Book so don't get too excited.

Last edited:
Just talked to an Long Island buddy who refs lacrosse games and watched Captain Jack Coan play both LAX and Football. He said he is the real deal. Incredible athlete -- in one game they were down by three he did the face-offs, won three in a row, ran down the field and hit kids for layups. In football, his son said, when they played their high school (the son played football at Amherst) "that is the best HS QB he's ever seen." His coach said he was the "Smartest athlete he's ever coached." Michigan pushed for him but he didn't like Harbaugh. He was ready to play late this year but it is clear Wisky was looking long-term.

Perfect bridge for Buchner -- who will get some snaps -- and does what Phil would have done for a year. Win-win for Captain Jack and the Irish. Hope you are right Bodi!

I stood by Book the whole season and he finished 9th in the Heisman voting. He had a heck of a year--way better than Phil J.

*** But what I see in "Captain JACK " is awesome pocket presence and great size for a QB and a very accurate arm. He has alot of experience and played for a big time program. He played for a run first offense or else he would have had many more TD passes. He looks like a great leader and he will have many more weapons to throw to.

*** I stand by my claim that he will have a Joe Burrows type year.

*** And thanks for the info you gave on him. That makes me even more confidant. I say he will have 30 to 35 td passes ! The Irish have proven they have elite trench front seven players ! Now they will move into Alabama level with the GREAT PASSING ATTACK !!

Reactions: Pennick4
Go Irish !! 12 and 0 !!
lay off the drugs.

Reactions: echowaker
I stood by Book the whole season and he finished 9th in the Heisman voting. He had a heck of a year--way better than Phil J.

*** But what I see in "Captain JACK " is awesome pocket presence and great size for a QB and a very accurate arm. He has alot of experience and played for a big time program. He played for a run first offense or else he would have had many more TD passes. He looks like a great leader and he will have many more weapons to throw to.

*** I stand by my claim that he will have a Joe Burrows type year.

*** And thanks for the info you gave on him. That makes me even more confidant. I say he will have 30 to 35 td passes ! The Irish have proven they have elite trench front seven players ! Now they will move into Alabama level with the GREAT PASSING ATTACK !!
Take more drugs!

don’t disturb the patients! ‘notso’ needs rest and understanding.

Stu...If you haven’t already, recommend you watch the u tube posted by NDinNJ titled, Urban’s analysis of Coan. A really interesting in depth analysis and enthusiastic endorsement of Coan’s abilities on display in game situations.

Go Irish !! 12 and 0 !!
Bodi, have you ever thought of giving pregame and halftime speeches?

Stu...If you haven’t already, recommend you watch the u tube posted by NDinNJ titled, Urban’s analysis of Coan. A really interesting in depth analysis and enthusiastic endorsement of Coan’s abilities on display in game situations.
Thanks Telx. I watched that. Impressive. Urban really seems like him. Jack just seems like a good fit for Rees' run-first offense. I do think if he wins the job he once again helps us to beat the teams we should beat. Will we go undefeated again? Hard to say but with a brand new offensive line and a new D coordinator, I have a feeling that will be tough. But who knows? Maybe he will be our JB. (When Bodi said we'd go undefeated this year after losing all of our skill guys in the off season, I thought he was crazy. But he was right.

Rees needs to figure out a way to get Tyree in space (see Alabama's offense!) Quick throws to the outside. Kid showed us what he can do late in the season. Mayer will love this kid. Who steps up at WR. Austin? Jordan? We'll see...

Urban and I think alike. It is almost like he reads my posts :)

Hi Bodi...except he said these things about Coan more than a year ago. 🤔

Great minds think alike ! Our schedule is easy next year. We will make the playoffs. And I believe Jack Coan will be the difference in the playoffs, With his strong arm and progressions.

I can see him keeping the defense honest. Michael Mayer will have a HUGE year !

Hi Bodi...except he said these things about Coan more than a year ago. 🤔

Reminds me of the line from What’s New Pussycat!

Sellers toO’Tool: I followed you
O’tool to Sellers: But You got here before I did!
Sellers: I follow very fast!

Bodi, have you ever thought of giving pregame and halftime speeches?

The closest thing I gave to pregame or halftime speeches was when I would yell "Mean Session" !! to my fellow Dlineman on my highschool team and we would gather around and smash each other like Rams and we started barking like wild dogs !! I used to make Conrad Dobler look like a Choir boy !

Reactions: Pennick4
The closest thing I gave to pregame or halftime speeches was when I would yell "Mean Session" !! to my fellow Dlineman on my highschool team and we would gather around and smash each other like Rams and we started barking like wild dogs !! I used to make Conrad Dobler look like a Choir boy !
images

yes Dobler had a photo of ‘notso’ in his locker! it was that photo that incensed and created the rage in him!

on his way to the afternoon talent show! his directions back to his room in his shirt

Any video of Joe Burroughs yet!

“Whoever would overthrow the Liberty of a Nation, must begin by subduing the Freeness of Speech”

Last edited:
Some already seem to be expecting too much of Coan. There is little evidence his stats will improve over Book's stats. He had 1 year of starting experience. His Yard per Attempt the same as Book. His Air Yards per Attempt average is no better than Book (actually less) so no real reason to believe he will increase down the field throws.

Book>Coan.

Sorry, the most talented guy on the roster at QB next year will be a true freshman. Coan will likely start, but I do not see any super star here.

We are taking a step back next season regardless of what anyone says. We just had a really good team and it's time to rebuild.

I think we lose to at least 3 of the following teams: Wisconsin, Cinci, USC, and UNC. Going to be a not so memorable year.

I think 2022 we take a big step forward after our loss to Ohio State to start the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT