ADVERTISEMENT

Ivy League cancels all fall sports

Would not shock me if all NCAA fall sports are cancelled this year. I think the NFL goes forward or at least gets started.

I don't think anything starts and plays out their season without an interruption.

Figures the big wigs want to be seen as doing something even if it's pointless. Covid is already flaming out back east and will be nearly gone by September.

Are you a trumpanzee speechwriter? Gone by September...lol
So many brave and macho FANS...and the pack that all give the "Likes" out. lol

When Harvard decides to do online classes at 50k, pretty sure they cancelled everything.

Does anyone follow Ivy League sports outside of people that go there. Doubt they have big followings.

Maybe they are the first of many, maybe they are following the wishes of their party. I don’t see the SEC doing this with or the big ten.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Hard to say for sure, but my best guess is that this will end being a lot like the decision in Holland to cancel soccer. An outlier that no one except those really involved misses. If there is a France in the equation it will probably be the PAC 12.

On an average day, if there are 50k positive tests, the CDC and statistical analysis of sample groups tell us there are 500k in actual positives. On that same day there are roughly 500 deaths (it goes up and down). So that is a contraction to death rate of .1%. Within that number, the great majority of the deaths are over age 70 involving folks already ill. I am all for protecting our vulnerable, social distancing, masks, flattening the curve, testing, tracing, etc. but in my opinion these figures (almost statistically insignificant in those under 40) do not justify shutting down our economy, further cancelling the lives of our young, or postponing life indefinitely. That is just an opinion. I think there are many other equally valid opinions.

Are you a trumpanzee speechwriter? Gone by September...lol
So many brave and macho FANS...and the pack that all give the "Likes" out. lol

“This was unexpected. … And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

“When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

...I like your guess, though this guy clearly writes better than that orange buffoon.

Reactions: echowaker
Germany had 345 positives yesterday... If we were there, we'd be talking ND football. But that is what happens when you have a leader that leads with science. Our president went another way.. 60K infections, nearly 1K deaths yesterday and it is going up. Sorry to my DT supporter friends out there, but the guy really mishandled this. I mean we're with Brazil.

Germany had 345 positives yesterday... If we were there, we'd be talking ND football. But that is what happens when you have a leader that leads with science. Our president went another way.. 60K infections, nearly 1K deaths yesterday and it is going up. Sorry to my DT supporter friends out there, but the guy really mishandled this. I mean we're with Brazil.
Yup, the US is unfortunately the only developed country that has such a high number of daily new cases and a curve that continues to steepen.

ABSOLUTE **FACTS** on Covid
Fact: Sweden has had 74,333 confirmed cases

Fact: Sweden has had 5,500 deaths.

Fact: Sweden has approximately 10 million residents, with the largest number by far in and around Stockholm (~2.4 million..)

Fact: Sweden did not lock down anything, has not passed any mandatory mask ordinances or constrained the people. Instead they told their citizens to act like adults, rather than allowing them to be infantile screaming children (as we did here in the US.)

Fact: The death rate in Sweden from Covid-19 has fallen to an effective zero.

Fact: The case rate in Sweden is also falling precipitously. On a log chart the case rate is effectively flat.

Fact: SWEDEN HAS OBTAINED HERD IMMUNITY AND THEIR DOCUMENTED CASE RATE IS 0.7% OF THEIR POPULATION!

What?

That's impossible, for a virus with an R0 of 3.0, right?

I don't care what epidemiologists assert, or what anyone else asserts: It has happened.

When you eliminate whatever is not possible whatever is left must be true, no matter how much you'd prefer it not be. Your task then becomes to determine why it is true.

Lot of non Ivy players, are suddenly “students”!
Without Football! They must behaving a WTF moment!

How many tests did they do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT