ADVERTISEMENT

Irish vs. PSU in the Cotton Bowl

Barkley would run all over us. Another bowl loss chalk it up. I say we play the lowest ranked team or a team with a terrible defense.

ESPN thinks it will be us vs Clemson in the Orange Bowl. I sure hope not. Interestingly, since they are assuming Clemson loses to Miami in the ACCCG, I wonder if we could play Miami at Hard Rock Stadium again, in the Orange Bowl, if it's Clemson who wins their showdown! That would be surreal as Hell.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Cotton, Chick-Filet-a , Fiesta, and Orange Bowls.

orange takes the ACC runner up versus, SEC, B10, ND the highest ranked possibility. The Fiesta has the highest 2 ranked teams not in a playoff. One of the other games will probably take Central Florida versus power 5 or Notre Dame,

Barkley would run all over us. Another bowl loss chalk it up. I say we play the lowest ranked team or a team with a terrible defense.

Barkley is an extremely talented back but no, he wouldn't. He's had three "wow" games - vs. Akron, Nebraska and Iowa. Outside of that he had 108 against Michigan, and then 88 against Pitt. I'd be more worried about his special teams play as a returner than as a RB against us.

Reactions: MccallenNYC ND
Barkley is an extremely talented back but no, he wouldn't. He's had three "wow" games - vs. Akron, Nebraska and Iowa. Outside of that he had 108 against Michigan, and then 88 against Pitt. I'd be more worried about his special teams play as a returner than as a RB against us.

He can return all the kickoffs he wants

Why are you even a fan? So sick of you negative nellies. God help your wife and kids if you have any. You must be a miserable person to be around. BTW you ignoramus MSU beat PSU and we crushed them.

Their OL isn't very good. That's why he's struggled to get rushing yds against some of their better opponents.
He's very talented, though, and will probably be the first RB off the board in next year's draft.

Their OL isn't very good. That's why he's struggled to get rushing yds against some of their better opponents.
He's very talented, though, and will probably be the first RB off the board in next year's draft.

That may be true (about his line) and I have no doubt he'll be a high draft pick. Like I said, he's very good. But he wouldn't run wild against the Irish.

USC’s Jones is better than Barkley, and ND did well containing him; albeit he had no OL.
How good is the PSU OL?

I will stop being negative when our infamous coach does a better job of coaching all of our highly touted players. Just wait and see v Stanford. Pass, run Adams, pass and then Wimbush scrambles for his life. Sick of it.

I will stop being negative when our infamous coach does a better job of coaching all of our highly touted players. Just wait and see v Stanford. Pass, run Adams, pass and then Wimbush scrambles for his life. Sick of it.
Plenty of other teams you can root for. See ya.

ND has a major history with the Cotton Bowl. I have a reel to reel audio tape that I recorded from TV way back in the day (1971) narrated by Burt Reynolds and Bill Flemming. It's called "The Wishbone Incident" and it has to do with ND's return to bowl games and it's revenge game against Texas. How it all came about. How the game transpired with terrific post game locker room footage of Darrel Royal talking to his team after their 30 game winning streak ended.

Why are you even a fan? So sick of you negative nellies. God help your wife and kids if you have any. You must be a miserable person to be around. BTW you ignoramus MSU beat PSU and we crushed them.
Transitive property. Yummmmy!

If it were the real Cotton Bowl outside at high noon in well, the Cotton Bowl.
I went to the 2013 ND/ASU game. Jerry’s World is a palace of stadium. There’s a reason why it’s a major bowl game again with that facility.

ND would win this game if they don’t allow McSorley to run all over the place like they did with Rosier 10 days ago.

“That would be a great bowl game. 41 years since our last PSU bowl game”

That was the gator bowl if I’m not mistaken. ‘75 or ‘76? We traveled up from Miami for that one. I was about 7-8 yrs old. Slager was the qb, iirc.

“That would be a great bowl game. 41 years since our last PSU bowl game”

That was the gator bowl if I’m not mistaken. ‘75 or ‘76? We traveled up from Miami for that one. I was about 7-8 yrs old. Slager was the qb, iirc.
76 season. Flew down with my parents, thought we were going to balmy Florida. Had to go out and buy warm clothes when we got there. Game was at night and I think it was in the 40s by the time the game ended. Note to self, Florida is a loooooong state. Jax ain't Miami.

Lol, walshy. I remember. You & Lou were seniors in high school, correct?

Barkley very talented but runs himself into too many 3 yard losses

Sometimes 3-4 yards is a good play.

PSU has outstanding skill------but leads the nation in TFL's

Other than Barkley what other offensive weapons does Penn St have? Is this projection factoring in that we beat Stanford?

I believe it was - assumed both of us won out. But probably didn’t take into consideration any real shake ups from 1-6

ADVERTISEMENT