ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa st v Irish

Iowa State is ranked 22nd in F/+ right now and would be NDs 4th highest ranked opponent on their 2019 schedule right behind USC #21.

Iowa State has had a good season and relative to talent acquired, really good.

The problem is that as ND, we get nothing out of a win, and will eat a lot of shit if we lose.

Reactions: benko's army

The problem is that as ND, we get nothing out of a win, and will eat a lot of shit if we lose.

I agree it's a boring match up with nothing really to "win" from a program-branding standpoint.

This schedule just keeps setting up alley oops for Brian Kelly as well. He's likely going to win 11 games this year without a single victory coming to a team ranked higher than 20th.

Reactions: chitown sot
I agree it's a boring match up with nothing really to "win" from a program-branding standpoint.

This schedule just keeps setting up alley oops for Brian Kelly as well. He's likely going to win 11 games this year without a single victory coming to a team ranked higher than 20th.
Ouch

Texas was a loss behind K-State, OK State and Iowa State, name brand but the other teams earned a better bowl. I was hoping for the mullet!

As if any of that matters.....
Of course it does. Especially when 17 yr old superstars worth millions of dollars are making their college decision on NSD in February.

If Notre Dame earned the privilege to play a bigger brand team, and win, it might shake some players loose in their favor.

Instead ND is playing an opponent that nobody outside of the posters on this site and some die hards in Iowa will be watching/care about.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
I would have liked Oklahoma State or Texas.

This matchup sucks.

Iowa State is the reward for going 10-2

Yuck!

I hope the playoff expands to 6 or 8.

On the bright side, Better this than Michigan getting walloped by Alabama in front of Mickey & Minnie.

9am west coast start on a Sat and it's not even the only game at that time. It will have lower tv ratings than the Bowling Green game. LOL

Couldn’t it have a better name? Camping world bowl is the lamest name I’ve ever heard. How about the Outdoorsman Bowl or something like that followed by the sponsored by blah blah blah

Everything ND does is about 2020. 2018 Citrus Bowl, beat LSU and and the next season they went to the playoff. Beat Iowa State and build towards the 2020 CFP.

Couldn’t it have a better name? Camping world bowl is the lamest name I’ve ever heard. How about the Outdoorsman Bowl or something like that followed by the sponsored by blah blah blah
No. It’s aptly named considering its meaningfulness.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Terrible terrible matchup. It’s going to take extra motivational speeches to get the entire team geeked up to play this team. It will take nothing to get Iowa State geeked. This really blows. We had a great 10-2 season and deserve better.

Nah. They were a disappointment. That team should’ve won more than 7 games with the talent they have

Plenty of good seats available. The stands are going to look like a bad high school game. Should really help recruiting.

or they could just beat good teams?
We have nothing to lose by joining the ACC and everything to gain. So we have to stop playing Navy? Good. That’s the worst game of the year. Boring as hell. We already play 5 of their damn teams anyway and get nothing in return at the end of the day. UVA getting all the glory. Give me one benefit to ND remaining independent!

We play Clemson next year and guess what, if we beat them we don’t win their conference. If we lose we go to a NY6 game. Why the hell not just join the f’ing conference!?

Reactions: ichawk24
Terrible terrible matchup. It’s going to take extra motivational speeches to get the entire team geeked up to play this team. It will take nothing to get Iowa State geeked. This really blows. We had a great 10-2 season and deserve better.
The Michigan debacle is the gift that just keeps on giving!

Reactions: theskibro
In a monsoon. That game should’ve been erased.
It’s surprising to me how much we continued to be punished for that loss, but UGA never paid for the SCar loss or the blowout to LSU and Utah is still somehow ahead of us despite getting run off the field by Oregon and losing against the only other ranked team they played.

It gave the sunkbears a free ride after getting slaughtered by Wisky and ohio state. Now they get to play an angry Bama team that will wash them out to sea. I'm glad it's not ND going into that hornets nest.

I don't like ISU, but they are a decent team. The biggest thing hurting ND right now is being Independent. Wish you guys would have joined the Big X but it is what it is. Good luck.

It’s surprising to me how much we continued to be punished for that loss, but UGA never paid for the SCar loss or the blowout to LSU and Utah is still somehow ahead of us despite getting run off the field by Oregon and losing against the only other ranked team they played.
It’s not only losing: It’s how utterly unprepared and pathetic they looked in doing so!

It’s not only loosing, it’s how utterly unprepared and pathetic they looked in doing so!
The only time the rain stopped we scored easily. That game was a debacle that likely would see a very different result if played again. The team was flat and things went south when bad luck on the blocked punt went went against us. After that we imploded. It was one game. Teams lay eggs sometimes and are rarely punished to that degree. It’s very well known that ND is hated by many for too many reasons to list.

The only time the rain stopped we scored easily. That game was a debacle that likely would see a very different result if played again. The team was flat and things went south when bad luck on the blocked punt went went against us. After that we imploded. It was one game. Teams lay eggs sometimes and are rarely punished to that degree. It’s very well known that ND is hated by many for too many reasons to list.

Enough with the persecution complex.

Reactions: chaseball
Poulan Weedeater Bowl.. Yeah, I think we played in that naming catastrophe as well.

ADVERTISEMENT