ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries

NDAFArly

I've posted how many times?
May 25, 2016
Tarik Black suffered another foot injury & is probably out for the season.
Rashon Gary suffered a shoulder injury & could be out vs ND.

Reactions: chaseball
Gary is fine just got dinged up at practice according to Sam Webb who's a very reliable insider for Michigan. No one knows the severity of blacks but it if its serious it'll be announced at their open practice tomorrow. But based on the rumors it sounds like he's out for the season

It’s a fractured foot. He is done for the season.

Gary’s injury is a shoulder. They are downplaying it, but a source told mods it’s a problem. Even if he plays he will be hindered.

Gary played with a injured shoulder all of last season and did just fine. He will play against Notre dame. Sam Webb said its nothing serious and sam Webb is the go to for reliable insider information and how do you know its a fractured foot when literally nobody knows not even the insiders.

Cool story.

According to the Senior Editor (Webb’s boss) it’s not minor. He was unable to finish practice & won’t practice the next couple days.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
Gary would be devastating for them. I don’t care if Michigan is healthy or not. I want to steamroll them just to see Harbaugh’s reaction.

Reactions: TOMMY_23

Yeah, it’s being reported everywhere now that Black is injured.

The Gary one is the question mark. Michigan posters on their board are saying 2-4 weeks, others are saying he will play but will be playing hurt. No official word on him. But he did bang up the same shoulder that has been bothering him & it sounds like it’s not healing.

Where are the UM fans at who have all the inside info?

Gary will play. And Notre Dame is still vacating those wins.

LOL

Michigan still pays a coach $9 million a year to finish 4th in his division.

And UM still has .5 titles in 75 years & the vast majority of their success over 100 years ago.

And still 2-10 vs MSU & 1-14 vs OSU.

LOL

It’s a fractured foot. He is done for the season.

Gary’s injury is a shoulder. They are downplaying it, but a source told mods it’s a problem. Even if he plays he will be hindered.

Gary had a shoulder issue last year was surprised he didn’t have surgery.

It will nag him all year

LOL

Michigan still pays a coach $9 million a year to finish 4th in his division.

And UM still has .5 titles in 75 years & the vast majority of their success over 100 years ago.

And still 2-10 vs MSU & 1-14 vs OSU.

LOL
Great. Now you're going to see Schadenfraude citing all time records to prove Michigan is still better than you, MSU, OSU, ND whoever...............
This guy is your typical UM fan here in SW MI. Always have to be a dick.

If Black is out that is a catastrophic loss. He came in as a true freshman and showed he knew how to run routes. Everything else is a bird in the bush. If Gary is also injured that would be worse because it turns UM's defensive line from special to just good. The backup is good but no where in a league with Gary.

What is more troubling for the individuals is this implies chronic injuries. In the case of Gary he will be able to fight through it just like he did last year. For Black this implies career ending.

Last edited:
First of all Sam Webb isn't reliable at all. He is a UM homer that bends every piece of information available to bolster his reader base. If he says not big deal about Gary, it isn't so. He will downplay literally everything. What they are saying over there on the fort is that they think Black is 8 weeks and Gary 2. That really means Black is out for the season and Gary is probably not seeing action until October (Big Ten). Shoulder injuries for rush DE's isn't a good thing with all the hand work that is necessary. There is also smoke out there that RB Higdon also got dinged up to what extent, isn't known. It could impact his effectiveness or availability for this weekend.

First of all Sam Webb isn't reliable at all. He is a UM homer that bends every piece of information available to bolster his reader base. If he says not big deal about Gary, it isn't so. He will downplay literally everything. What they are saying over there on the fort is that they think Black is 8 weeks and Gary 2. That really means Black is out for the season and Gary is probably not seeing action until October (Big Ten). Shoulder injuries for rush DE's isn't a good thing with all the hand work that is necessary. There is also smoke out there that RB Higdon also got dinged up to what extent, isn't known. It could impact his effectiveness or availability for this weekend.
It is also pointless because the propaganda does change the outlook of who is playing. If you honestly do not know, say nothing. I would absolutely agree that if Gary has to miss any time he should be shut down until the first Big10 game. A loss to ND though disappointing does not count against conference standings. Improving odds to beat ND at the risk of losing Big10 games is not worth it. Just gotta take the disappointment and be deal.

It is also pointless because the propaganda does change the outlook of who is playing. If you honestly do not know, say nothing. I would absolutely agree that if Gary has to miss any time he should be shut down until the first Big10 game. A loss to ND though disappointing does not count against conference standings. Improving odds to beat ND at the risk of losing Big10 games is not worth it. Just gotta take the disappointment and be deal.
Especially with gary being a lock to go pro after this year. If it’s no big deal then play through, but if you risk further damaging it then he needs to get it healthy.

If their offense was based on a single WR then it wasn't that good to begin with.

Excuse the Michigan fans for being a little on edge. They have the greatest all time QB and virtually everyone has crowned Michigan as a major play-off contender. That's a lot of pressure for these Wolverine fans who aren't used to it. One little slip up and it all goes bye bye.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Michigan held their open practice tonight & Gary only ran some, did non-contact drills & stood and watched from the sideline. He is definitely protecting the shoulder. He will probably play, but his shoulder is injured.

hope our irish stud o-line guys pound Gary while running the ball in his direction so they can test that shoulder

If Black is out that is a catastrophic loss. He came in as a true freshman and showed he knew how to run routes. Everything else is a bird in the bush. If Gary is also injured that would be worse because it turns UM's defensive line from special to just good. The backup is good but no where in a league with Gary.

What is more troubling for the individuals is this implies chronic injuries. In the case of Gary he will be able to fight through it just like he did last year. For Black this implies career ending.
catastrophic ? when did he become desmond howard ?

Reactions: GuessYouWereWrong
catastrophic ? when did he become desmond howard ?
He was the only outside receiver who showed he could run routes. Everyone else is potential until they show it. DPJ has the highest recruiting grade out of Michigan in decades. He has tons of potential. But I call it all birds in the bush. Black was a bird in the hand.

He was the only outside receiver who showed he could run routes. Everyone else is potential until they show it. DPJ has the highest recruiting grade out of Michigan in decades. He has tons of potential. But I call it all birds in the bush. Black was a bird in the hand.
if the loss of a guy with 11 career receptions is " catastrophic " UM is in deep trouble.

if the loss of a guy with 11 career receptions is " catastrophic " UM is in deep trouble.
It was last year. This is board is so funny. When I talk anything Michigan up I'm trolled into oblivion. Yet now when I talk Michigan down, I get grief.

Black came out as a freshman and looked like a polished route runner. After 2.5 games he was given. It is a big blow when the only outside receiver who is known to show he can run a route is out. Is very possible that one of the other young receivers will be up to speed. Until I see it, I can't project it. Is there a good chance that DPJ can run routes? Probably. I just don't count it until after game one. That is all.

It was last year. This is board is so funny. When I talk anything Michigan up I'm trolled into oblivion. Yet now when I talk Michigan down, I get grief.

Black came out as a freshman and looked like a polished route runner. After 2.5 games he was given. It is a big blow when the only outside receiver who is known to show he can run a route is out. Is very possible that one of the other young receivers will be up to speed. Until I see it, I can't project it. Is there a good chance that DPJ can run routes? Probably. I just don't count it until after game one. That is all.

Running good routes is not some fantastic rare skill. It is just paying attention to your coaches and not getting lazy. A very basic skill for any 4 star receiver.

Being fast, having the ability to get open on your defender, being able to catch the ball at the highest point , etc etc, are all of higher importance for a receiver.

Reactions: 8th Man

I think the flack is coming from the case where if ND wins, the excuse by UM fans is injury. Not saying it will happen, but it kinda comes off that way like it's a prepared excuse.

Running good routes is not some fantastic rare skill. It is just paying attention to your coaches and not getting lazy. A very basic skill for any 4 star receiver.

Being fast, having the ability to get open on your defender, being able to catch the ball at the highest point , etc etc, are all of higher importance for a receiver.

And most importantly, having a QB who has time and is capable of hitting an open receiver.

Rewatching games from 2017 recently and DPJ was open quite a bit, but the OL/QB play was so incredibly terrible that it didn't matter.

Elevated QB and OL play will make any WR look better; the question is whether or not Michigan's OL and QB play can make that jump. We are only 8 months removed from a historically bad passing attack.

It late enough to note that we have not suffered the usual slew of fall camp injuries, without jinxing it?

I think the flack is coming from the case where if ND wins, the excuse by UM fans is injury. Not saying it will happen, but it kinda comes off that way like it's a prepared excuse.
I picked ND as a win before the Black injury.

I disagree. A great route runner is someone who can make it appear they are running one route thus tricking the defender into anticipating and run another. It is looking at the defensive formation, get a call from the QB, and be on the same page. NE does this at the top level where a receiver will run to a spot and make the break after Brady has thrown the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT