ADVERTISEMENT

If you couldn't be a Notre Dame fan, which team would you root for?

If you couldn't be a Notre Dame fan, which team would you root for?

• Clemson

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Alabama

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Penn State

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Georgia

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Other

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No other college team

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
Growing up in the Boston area as an Irish Catholic, I suspect I would be a BC fan.

"If you couldn't be a Notre Dame fan" . . . How's that work? Its not like its an invitation only club.

I would probably be a USC fan, given that i grew up 5 mins away from the coliseum.

I'd start off with Army/Navy/AF then I'd have to drop down to non scholarship D1 Valparaiso. After that it would be the Andrean HS (Indiana) 59ers. After that it would be my local Pop Warner. After that it would be my local YMCA flag football. After that, it would be the red team on my vintage magnetic football game. After that, I would go with the Nashville Knights of the Lingerie League (now called Legends League). But it would never be Clemson, OSU, FSU, Miami, Bama, PSU, and /or Georgia.

Reactions: irishalice
Wisco & Boise. I’ll follow Nebraska now too cuz I’m impressed w/ Frost. Hope he does well there. On a side note, I think Wisconsin has a tough year (they lose a boatload off of that dominant defense).

Please choose 1

Why are Georgia, Alabama and Clemson on this list?

Most people support a college program because (1) they went to that college, or (2) they grew up or live in the vicinity of that college. (Notre Dame, generally, being the exception to these rules).

I'm guessing that there's very little overlap between those who went to Notre Dame and those who would have otherwise gone to Alabama, Georgia or Clemson.

While there are some ND fans in the southeast, my guess is most of them come from the Midwest or Northeast. Not SEC country.

Probably Stanford - the only other football powerhouse that properly embraces the concept of 'student-athlete'.

I had state penn and gayturds sweat shirt in 1990 as they were on sale at woolco. I still have them. I would root for them I guess. But if you put a gun to my head, I'd pick the team with the best looking cheerleaders Go Gayturds.

As someone who does not watch basketball and the fact that ND does not have wrestling (the worlds oldest sport and a sport represented by 95% of all k-12 schools throughout the USA), I assume this means football only. In that case I couldn’t care less. ND is the reason I watch football.

Lasalle my alma mater. Problem is we have no football team. I do root for Arizona but when they lose I don't care.

1) TCU - I had family that played there and have been to many games

2) Navy - Former USMC

Last edited:
Reactions: rgc7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT