ADVERTISEMENT

If ND wins this would be a victory for College Football...

IrishFforida

Irish Expert
Jan 7, 2018
Listening to players like Jerry Tillery, Drue Tranquill and Ian Book address the media. If those kids futures were traded on the NYSE, I would pick up a ton of shares.

Thanks to a GREAT Head Coach, Brian Kelly has navigated the sleazy, sell your soul, shark infested world of big time college football and has put together a team of TRUE Student Athletes.

All this whining and hand wringing about the recruits ND does NOT get, is a colossal waste of time, off the charts stupid,and detracts from the players that do play for ND. The kids that come to ND are stone cold WINNERS.

Brian Kelly has pushed ND into the 21st century, with Stadium Music, Field Turf, Big Time Night Games, Football Facilities, Shamrock Series Uniforms, Strength & Conditioning, Nutrition, Sports Psychology & The Spread Offense.

But ND adheres to it's 20th Century tradition of making educational excellence the #1 PRIORITY.

I am NOT saying the majority of kids at Clemson, Alabama, OSU or OU etc. Are bad apples. But the "business plan" to quote Brian Kelly is completely different at those places.

If ND were to defy the odds makers,media haters,internet haters,recruiting star gazers, and general idiots and win the next 2 ball games? This would be a VICTORY for ALL of College Football.

Last edited:
This morning, some of the TV commentators were joking about the extensive vocabulary used by the Notre Dame players.

In the limited interviews i’ve watched, every player sounded very articulate.

“Proud to be ND” seems like an appropriate slogan.

The media has turned a blind eye to purity in sports.

Reactions: Ara64 and PHJIndy
Listening to players like Jerry Tillery, Drue Tranquill and Ian Book address the media. If those kids futures were traded on the NYSE, I would pick up a ton of shares.

Thanks to a GREAT Head Coach, Brian Kelly has navigated the sleazy, sell your soul, shark infested world of big time college football and has put together a team of TRUE Student Athletes.

All this whining and hand wringing about the recruits ND does NOT get, is a colossal waste of time, off the charts stupid,and detracts from the players that do play for ND. The kids that come to ND are stone cold WINNERS.

Brian Kelly has pushed ND into the 21st century, with Stadium Music, Field Turf, Big Time Night Games, Football Facilities, Shamrock Series Uniforms, Strength & Conditioning, Nutrition, Sports Psychology & The Spread Offense.

But ND adheres to it's 20th Century tradition of making educational excellence the #1 PRIORITY.

I am NOT saying the majority of kids at Clemson, Alabama, OSU or OU etc. Are bad apples. But the "business plan" to quote Brian Kelly is completely different at those places.

If ND were to defy the odds makers,media haters,internet haters,recruiting star gazers, and general idiots and win the next 2 ball games? This would be a VICTORY for ALL of College Football.
You seem to be forgetting Kelly had to vacate his last undefeated season at ND for cheating.

You won't see ND make that blunder again. The NCAA opened ND administrators to the cold hard facts of college football. ND did the right thing and got slammed for it. Suspended for team rules violation will be the new press release going forward. I count those wins with pride and fond memories. Can hardly wait for the game this afternoon. GO IRISH!

You seem to be forgetting Kelly had to vacate his last undefeated season at ND for cheating.

I didn’t forget that.

I think you have to drill down to the facts of the case and prudently differentiate between institutional violations and violations committed by a single individual, especially when that single individual is a student.

If a student trainer supplied the Osterine to the Clemson player/s will the NCAA void all of Clemson’s wins. I doubt it.

Jenkins made a colossal mistake by announcing, prior to the NCAA investigation, that ND would abide by their decision. That single statement sealed ND’s fate.

That decision was outrageous in my opinion.

Martyrdom doesn’t become us.

I’ve recommended that the University contest the decision in court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT