ADVERTISEMENT

If ND gets past the 'Cuse this weekend...

Quest4Twelve

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Aug 31, 2009
How high will your confidence in making the CFP go? TBH, get past 'Cuse and I feel it's a 90% chance. SC has all but given up in their season especially if they are not bowl eligible.

As of now I think MD will dominate USC but you never can tell when it an away game against a rival opponent.

If ND beats Syracuse, I feel about 80 -90% confident ND will beat USC. In fact I'm about 65% sure it'll be a fairly lopsided affair.

USC has some glaring issues in the middle of the defense, OL, and freshman QB playing inconsistently (as most do) but he is quite talented.

I've been concerned with these two games all year.
Syracuse throws a lot. The QB can run too.

USC...ruining our playoff is their prize this year. As usual they have talent.

We're in a groove right now though. There isn't any panic. We play in control.

This team is light years beyond 2012

Two more to go.

Who cares about anything like this. Now we are focused on what percentage some computer gives us to finish out the season undefeated? For God sake, the team just has to win!!!!!!!!

trust me when i say this. Hopefully ND wins this weekend. If they don't , then nothing else really matters. With that said, if they do win and are undefeated going into SC, watch out ! SC has has ruined more seasons for ND than any other team. At least it seems that way. Too many times those two have met only for the trojans to win and destory not only a perfect season, but national title hopes. Don't believe me? go look up the history of ND VS Southern cal. ND has a long history of losing games in the Coliseum in the most unique ways. For now its Syracuse that matters, nothing else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 88ND
trust me when i say this. Hopefully ND wins this weekend. If they don't , then nothing else really matters. With that said, if they do win and are undefeated going into SC, watch out ! SC has has ruined more seasons for ND than any other team. At least it seems that way. Too many times those two have met only for the the trojans to win and destory not only a perfect season, but national title hopes. Don't believe me? go look up the history of ND VS Southern cal. ND has a long history of losing games in the Coliseum in the most unique ways. For now its Syracuse that matters, nothing else.
How much have you seen SC play this year? They are NOT the teams of SC past.

True...but they've enough Sunday players if they start clicking a little bit can give us some trouble.

This week might be worse.

I don't know if we've seen an offense quite like this so far this year.

Definitely will find out about our defense...they'll be challenged in some ways they've not been this year.

Syracuse is playing pretty god damn excited and amped up right now. Playing like they're on a mission.

Might be pissed they're not going to the playoff but feel deserving.

They will have their A+++ effort going.

You can substitute FSU into that sentence, and that was the prevailing thought a week ago.

FSU isn't a rivalry and they don't have any notable wins this season (#8 Wazzu). Noles also seem to be missing an offensive line. But I agree, on paper, FSU has some talent.

Out of curiosity what is the percentage for Bama, Clemson, and Michigan. I bet Michigan is the lowest...no?

"I bet Michigan is the lowest...no?"

Saw something on ESPN the other day -- I think Bama and Clemson were very high (80-90% ranges), ND was in the 70% range, and Michigan was a 50-50 shot of making it.

True...but they've enough Sunday players if they start clicking a little bit can give us some trouble.

This week might be worse.

I don't know if we've seen an offense quite like this so far this year.

Definitely will find out about our defense...they'll be challenged in some ways they've not been this year.

Syracuse is playing pretty god damn excited and amped up right now. Playing like they're on a mission.

Might be pissed they're not going to the playoff but feel deserving.

They will have their A+++ effort going.
Notre Dame 38-21

Saw something on ESPN the other day -- I think Bama and Clemson were very high (80-90% ranges), ND was in the 70% range, and Michigan was a 50-50 shot of making it.

Clemson is easily the highest. I think ND is second highest. Bama still has both Auburn and Georgia, so they are around 65%.

I agree. However, they are team with very good athletes. Nothing would make there poor season any better than beating an undefeated ND team. Plus, do not discount the fact that ND is playing a tough opponent this week on the east coast. Then, swing back to south bend and off to the west coast to finish up. Fatigue could play a factor in their performance out west. i doubt either game will be a cake walk. They are going to have to be mentally tough and fight through the obstacles to go undefeated. I believe they can.

I have full confidence in the Irish. Beat Syracuse - I am sure BK and staff will have them ready. At that point, assuming a win, they will have one game left to make it into the CFP. They will have all the motivation they need. I agree with the sentiments that a USC team at home is always potentially tough, and our game against them will be their Bowl game. But the Irish will have a full head of steam coming in and will know it's "win and move on."

Go Irish!

That cannot be right about Michigan. They are 90% to beat iu and 55 vs Ohio. Then even say 80% vs NW. So even with very generous win percentages they lose a 2nd game 60% of the time. Unless you found scenarios where a 2 loss Mich gets in (not unreasonable, but dwarfed by the number of times a 12-1 Mich doesn't make it).

I'm not trying Bama/Clem because I have no idea how often they drop a game and still get in. Clemson in particular can lose either of their last two and it only costs them Orange Jerseys in the #2 vs #3 game as long as they win the ACCCG.

trust me when i say this. Hopefully ND wins this weekend. If they don't , then nothing else really matters. With that said, if they do win and are undefeated going into SC, watch out ! SC has has ruined more seasons for ND than any other team. At least it seems that way. Too many times those two have met only for the trojans to win and destory not only a perfect season, but national title hopes. Don't believe me? go look up the history of ND VS Southern cal. ND has a long history of losing games in the Coliseum in the most unique ways. For now its Syracuse that matters, nothing else.
You might be showing your age with this post. Even middle aged guys like me don't remember à SoCal loss we didn't deserve. Even 05-06 USC had the better team.

How high will your confidence in making the CFP go? TBH, get past 'Cuse and I feel it's a 90% chance. SC has all but given up in their season especially if they are not bowl eligible.

Your opinion of USC is way off...win today and its a 99.99999999 chance you finish undefeated. If you have seen us play I can only conclude you are a USC homer.

Reactions: Quest4Twelve
ND fans seem very condescending hoping they can somehow convince SC to retain Clueless Clay.

Halftime, BK will probably give the anti Knute Rockne speech! Anyone caught scoring will have their scholarship pulled!

That cannot be right about Michigan. They are 90% to beat iu and 55 vs Ohio. Then even say 80% vs NW. So even with very generous win percentages they lose a 2nd game 60% of the time. Unless you found scenarios where a 2 loss Mich gets in (not unreasonable, but dwarfed by the number of times a 12-1 Mich doesn't make it).

I'm not trying Bama/Clem because I have no idea how often they drop a game and still get in. Clemson in particular can lose either of their last two and it only costs them Orange Jerseys in the #2 vs #3 game as long as they win the ACCCG.
Right now Michigan trails IU 10-9 in the second quarter. Looks like the 'skunks may be thinkin' ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT