ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Book Drew Brees

“It wasn't bashing just being real.”

Lol. You bashers really know how to keep it real. No one else keeps it real here, only you incessant bashers. Lol.

“Sorry if the facts hurt your feelings. It wasn't bashing just being real. The fact that he probably won't be drafted is proof he was an average college qb that benifited from some of NDs weakest schedules”

What facts? You just posted records against top 25, top 10 & top 5 teams w/o acknowledging that it may not have been all on the qb in those games. Don’t get your feelings hurt because someone called you out on a lazy tool to bolster your BS incessant bashing of a really good qb.
Why don't you look at Books stats for those loses. Sure it's not all him but any ND fan that follows ND knows how Book has played in those games and knows he's not a good qb when facing good competition. My feelings are fine. You're the one upset now and calling names.

What name did I call you? A basher? That’s just me keeping it real. And stats don’t always tell the whole story. The only bad big game he had was Michigan in a monsoon. How bout the 5-6 drops in the ‘18 Clemson playoff game? Was that his fault too? How does that game go if they don’t drop those balls. How bout the o-line protection in all those losses. How bout the run blocking in those games? All up to snuff I guess, right?

What name did I call you? A basher? That’s just me keeping it real. And stats don’t always tell the whole story. The only bad big game he had was Michigan in a monsoon. How bout the 5-6 drops in the ‘18 Clemson playoff game? Was that his fault too? How does that game go if they don’t drop those balls. How bout the o-line protection in all those losses. How bout the run blocking in those games? All up to snuff I guess, right?
A tool? But whatever, I'm not going to nickel and dime this. We can agree to disagree. But if he's such a great qb why will he most likely not be taken in any round and 15 qbs will go ahead of him? Just saying. So with that I'm out on this convo with you.

“But if he's such a great qb why will he most likely not be taken in any round and 15 qbs will go ahead of him? Just saying.”

I don’t really care what NFL GMs think of him as a pro prospect. I was evaluating him as a college player. I guess you think a player can’t perform at a high level in college w/o being an NFL draft pick? Sometimes, one has nothing to do w/ the other. Maybe you need Mel kiper’s mock draft board to evaluate a college player’s career, but some of us don’t. And just ftr, NFL GMs get it wrong more than they get it right. And all you have to do is look at the fact that they took the best to ever play the position in the 3rd and 6th rounds and had many qbs taken before them, so that’s how much they know.

“But if he's such a great qb why will he most likely not be taken in any round and 15 qbs will go ahead of him? Just saying.”

I don’t really care what NFL GMs think of him as a pro prospect. I was evaluating him as a college player. I guess you think a player can’t perform at a high level in college w/o being an NFL draft pick? Sometimes, one has nothing to do w/ the other. Maybe you need Mel kiper’s mock draft board to evaluate a college player’s career, but some of us don’t. And just ftr, NFL GMs get it wrong more than they get it right. And all you have to do is look at the fact that they took the best to ever play the position in the 3rd and 6th rounds and had many qbs taken before them, so that’s how much they know.
The bashers cant acknowledge certain things and either could his defenders. Answer is in the middle.

He wasnt a great player like some say. He wasnt a bum like some say. He was a good college qb that was surrounded by a ton of talent and hopefully he can be a backup in the NFL for a long time

Reactions: irish4life767
The bashers cant acknowledge certain things and either could his defenders. Answer is in the middle.

He wasnt a great player like some say. He wasnt a bum like some say. He was a good college qb that was surrounded by a ton of talent and hopefully he can be a backup in the NFL for a long time
^^^THIS ^^^

Reactions: nemeth#5
I realize the NFL is a different animal and Book appears to lack the big arm necessary. However, I’ve heard rumors that he “made all the throws” at the senior bowl practices amd was actually voted the best quarterback. I don’t think he’s as talented as Lawrence or Fields. I do, however, wonder if he has a shot. If he can make the long throws as rumored and/or he can improve his arm strength to some degree, he could have the same upside as Brees. He would need to get way better and he’d need to improve his deep ball ability. Do I think it’ll happen? Nah. I wouldn’t put my money on it. However, I do think it’s at a very small level of conceivable. He’d have to have an insatiable drive. Brees has an insatiable desire to be great. Ian may not possess such traits. I don’t know him.

I realize the NFL is a different animal and Book appears to lack the big arm necessary. However, I’ve heard rumors that he “made all the throws” at the senior bowl practices amd was actually voted the best quarterback. I don’t think he’s as talented as Lawrence or Fields. I do, however, wonder if he has a shot. If he can make the long throws as rumored and/or he can improve his arm strength to some degree, he could have the same upside as Brees. He would need to get way better and he’d need to improve his deep ball ability. Do I think it’ll happen? Nah. I wouldn’t put my money on it. However, I do think it’s at a very small level of conceivable. He’d have to have an insatiable drive. Brees has an insatiable desire to be great. Ian may not possess such traits. I don’t know him.
Junior Jabbie award!

How about just Colt McCoy, and we'll go for that. We'll set our sights a little lower, but Colt McCoy has cashed many an NFL paycheck thus far, and I could see Book perhaps matching the sort of career McCoy has achieved. That seems doable, and not all that wildly optimistic. Brees on the other hand is a first-ballot HOFer.

If we're going to continue limiting all possible comparisons to other short QBs, which I am in favor of.

Reactions: Golson5

You ain't the last word on Ian Book, buddy. Your opinion is utterly worthless on the subject, quite frankly.

Truth hurts I see. And you can't see it lol

Nah, you're just an Ian Book hater. That's cool, it's your right. I respect that right. But for some reason your brand of sedulously maintained low-grade passive aggression directed at all things Ian Book is probably more infuriating than even the more cartoonish over the top haters this board has so many of.

Nah, you're just an Ian Book hater. That's cool, it's your right. I respect that right. But for some reason your brand of sedulously maintained low-grade passive aggression directed at all things Ian Book is probably more infuriating than even the more cartoonish over the top haters this board has so many of.
Because I'm honest about him that makes me a hater. Get off your knees. You're an annoying little gnat on this board

Because I'm honest about him that makes me a hater. Get off your knees. You're an annoying little gnat on this board
I look at you more as if you think you are some internet tough guy. But hay, to each his own

How about just Colt McCoy, and we'll go for that. We'll set our sights a little lower, but Colt McCoy has cashed many an NFL paycheck thus far, and I could see Book perhaps matching the sort of career McCoy has achieved. That seems doable, and not all that wildly optimistic. Brees on the other hand is a first-ballot HOFer.

If we're going to continue limiting all possible comparisons to other short QBs, which I am in favor of.

With a name like that he had to have been a 5* out of West Plano Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT