ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Book does not deserve fans like you.

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
He has led us to our biggest bowl win and first over a ranked team since 1994. When he led us to a last second comeback win over LSU.
He has also led us to Notre Dame to a perfect regular season and first playoff appearance.
And you guys laugh at him for leading us to blowout wins against inferior competition. But ask Jake Fromme how hard it is to beat inferior competition or Trevor Lawrence after the 1 point win over North Carolina.

*** You guys seem to think he is Tommy Rees 2.0 ? Ian Book is ten times the athlete that Tommy was and makes far less turnovers.

*** Jimmy C. had Mike Floyd and Kyle Rudolf and Golden Tate to throw to and he still lost to Navy and conneticutt.. You guys didn't hate on him like you do Ian Book !

Ian is a fierce competitor who keeps improving. You blame him for the few losses we have had (three !!). And talk about how GREAT Phil J. is. I will root for Phil when he is the starter but he is not half as good as Book is right now.

Go Irish !!
Crush Stanford !!

*** And Book is starting to hit the long throws !!

Anyone comparing him to Rees is a moron. There is absolutely no comparison. Book is light years better and has an opportunity to be a back-up in the NFL. Maybe start in the CFL.

Rees had no business ever playing D1 ball. Book has played average football for the most part this season. It’s not a bash. He’ll be back next year and hopefully he goes Joe Burrow on the CF world.

Reactions: IrishBlessings
Anyone comparing him to Rees is a moron. There is absolutely no comparison. Book is light years better and has an opportunity to be a back-up in the NFL. Maybe start in the CFL.

Rees had no business ever playing D1 ball.
Or college!

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Book played really well at times and very poorly at others. I am optimistic about him next year as I believe he’s finally turned the corner based on his past month of work.

Reactions: rgc7

Rees had no business ever playing D1 ball. Book has played average football for the most part this season. It’s not a bash. He’ll be back next year and hopefully he goes Joe Burrow on the CF world.

Rees should not of been a D2 qb - horrible qb

Ian Book on course to Break Brady Quinns single season TD record !! And all the under the dome fans care about is Justin Fields or any QB but Notre Dames QB !!!! Go root for Ohio State then !! I will stay with the Irish !!
Man Ian looked sharp yesterday !! Another one of his many comebacks !! 4 tds and no INT's AND MANY FIRST DOWN RUNS !! And under the dome fans think HE is the problem !!

But instead of celebrating his Greatness as an Irish quarterback--fans like IIO celebrate Ohio States quarterback !! FAKE FANS !!

The Irish rock !! Monkey BRAINED under the dome fans do not represent REAL Irish fans !!
Go Irish !! Finish with 11 wins !! How many Irish teams have finished with 11 wins?? !!!
Hopefully Book comes back next year !!

Reactions: Catholicfan95
With his play in today’s game, Ian Book became the first Notre Dame quarterback with 2,500 passing yards, 500 rushing yards and 30 touchdown passes in a season. Jalen Hurts is the only other collegiate student-athlete to hit these marks in the 2019 season and, since 2017, only Book, Hurts, Kyler Murray, JT Barrett and D’Eriq King have hit these marks in the regular season.

Reactions: rgc7
LMAO at Bodi that thinks there is no talent disparity between Book and Fields. Book does great against sub par teams. If ND wants to get to the elite status it won't be with Book at QB. That's no insult on Book, just being realistic and not some delusional kool-aid drinking fan. But it's obvious the coaches are sticking with Book so we are who we are. A 10 win team. Not that's such a bad thing.

Reactions: Tru2Irish and rgc7
LMAO at Bodi that thinks there is no talent disparity between Book and Fields. Book does great against sub par teams. If ND wants to get to the elite status it won't be with Book at QB. That's no insult on Book, just being realistic and not some delusional kool-aid drinking fan. But it's obvious the coaches are sticking with Book so we are who we are. A 10 win team. Not that's such a bad thing.
We don't have a QB with the skill level of a Lawrence or Fields. Not many do.

Reactions: Tru2Irish and rgc7
Congratulations to our team and to Coach Kelly on a very good season. Now we should get into a major bowl and the real test comes ! I always go into the season thinking NC. But , of course, It rarely turns out that way, and it has been a long dry spell.
I have always said that Book is an excellent college QB , not an Elite one, and his numbers are excellent. I think that Book has really improved his passing skills over the course of this season. He seems to be staying in the pocket longer, and finding his secondary receivers, and has been more accurate in his long passes.
Now that we have a record similar to a number of outstanding teams, the real test will come in our bowl
Game, for Coach Kelly, Book , and the whole ND team.
Can we beat Alabama or another traditional “ Power House “ type ream ?
Such a win will certainly end the year on a very high note !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT