ADVERTISEMENT

I miss WAX

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
This board has been in steady decline. The incessant whining and non-stop trolls. ND had a terrible schedule to start, only two good games (Georgia/Michigan) were both away games and ND lost them both. USC and Stanford were really down this year. Perfect combination for ND to play in a second tier bowl game.

would this board be any happier playing Bama in the Citrus? Memphis in the Cotton? Or Virginia in the Orange Bowl

This board has been in steady decline. The incessant whining and non-stop trolls. ND had a terrible schedule to start, only two good games (Georgia/Michigan) were both away games and ND lost them both. USC and Stanford were really down this year. Perfect combination for ND to play in a second tier bowl game.

would this board be any happier playing Bama in the Citrus? Memphis in the Cotton? Or Virginia in the Orange Bowl

I suspect the “trolls” is likely the same person posting under different handles.

It isn't hard to figure out that an anonymous free message board gives aggressive posters a chance to be Tony Soprano , when, in the real world, they are most likely just another brick in the wall. Average Joe. You know and I know that none of this would be happening at a tailgate. You can act the part here because you can't be confronted. It wasn't always wine and roses when WAX was here either. It was better. We basically know the age range where the problems lie. You can spot it a mile away.

bump

It isn't hard to figure out that an anonymous free message board gives aggressive posters a chance to be Tony Soprano , when, in the real world, they are most likely just another brick in the wall. Average Joe. You know and I know that none of this would be happening at a tailgate. You can act the part here because you can't be confronted. It wasn't always wine and roses when WAX was here either. It was better. We basically know the age range where the problems lie. You can spot it a mile away.

You suck ! But don't worry, in real life I wouldn't say anything to you. I don't hang out with name dropping know it alls--- You would bore me to death !

Reactions: HarpuaIrish
I started on this board way back in late 2001, I’ve had a few different handles - 1IrishFan, IntransigentMind, And NDGOAT.

I’ll go through stretches where I don’t look at this board for 4-5 months, I’ll get burned out and disappear for awhile.

Whatever happened to WAX?

I also miss the old fella (Irish34, or 34Irish) I cant recall right now. I know he was going blind and couldn’t type well anymore, hope he’s still kicking it..

I started on this board way back in late 2001, I’ve had a few different handles - 1IrishFan, IntransigentMind, And NDGOAT.

I’ll go through stretches where I don’t look at this board for 4-5 months, I’ll get burned out and disappear for awhile.

Whatever happened to WAX?

I also miss the old fella (Irish34, or 34Irish) I cant recall right now. I know he was going blind and couldn’t type well anymore, hope he’s still kicking it..

ND35 and oletexascoach were our beloved posters of their day.
They remain in our prayers. That is all we know.

Here is a thought: why should WAXONWAXOFF have to clean up our mess?

nds schedule wasn’t terrible to start. It was actually very tough. At Stanford looked very tough. USC wasn’t way down, they were a good team with some good wins.

I would be much happier playing bama, Nd would have a realistic shot to beat them even though the pundits wouldn’t give us one. A 5 loss power 5 team or non power 5 team stinks for bowl match up. Nothing to gain a lot to lose.

The only reason ND is playing a crappy game is because the entire program failed the week of UM. ND is much better then the bowl game they are playing, but you get what you deserve. All ND had to do was prepare properly and play hard vs UM, and at minimum it would have been a good game and ND is sitting top 10 playing a much better opponent.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
I really do not think wax made all that much of a difference. He certainly had his own prejudices about who was allowed to do what they wanted and who got banned.

ADVERTISEMENT