ADVERTISEMENT

I like the USC OC

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
Did you see the misdirection plays mixing up plays on every down.. Creativity of the plays, well, ND not so much of anything.
MF needs to make a decision after this season for what is good for ND

Did you see the misdirection plays mixing up plays on every down.. Creativity of the plays, well, ND not so much of anything.
I agree, I thought USC’s play calling was very good.

I think you also have to remember that play calling is often dependent upon your personnel’s ability to execute

28 yards diff between the two teams and we gave them two more shots with the TO and Fumble.

Their O was Caleb in a game of scramble.
While he’s very talented, I also thought that he was also very lucky

They where lucky the ACC had an axe to grind on holding calls.

ND made mistakes and they did not. It’s really that simple.

We had two pics we botched. We had two TO’s and we had some no calls.

Take any 2, the 4th and 1. The TO at the 22. Your with the ball and driving for the win.

We lost this. We beat ourselves.

As another poster noted overall ND moved the ball just as effectively. However, when they needed to sustain drives on the 3rd/4th and 1, Rees decided to be too cute and it didn't work. Just like against Navy when they tried the stupid reverse on short yardage.

Reactions: tbonesays
Lincoln Riley is considered the finest mind in college offense. They score more than 40 points per game. At OU LR took a qb transfer every year and turned him into a Heisman candidate and to draft pick while destroying the conference.

As another poster noted overall ND moved the ball just as effectively. However, when they needed to sustain drives on the 3rd/4th and 1, Rees decided to be too cute and it didn't work. Just like against Navy when they tried the stupid reverse on short yardage.

ND only punted one time, USC twice. The turn overs killed us. I'm not going to say we didn't have other chances to overcome those, we did, but it was less about not sustaining and more about hanging onto the ball.

Ball on the 27, down 10, I think Lou or most kick it. Puts you down 10-3, one score. Maybe Grupe's consistency played into that a bit. Would be a 42 yarder. He has been inconsistent over 39.

But rival, big game, nice weather. Take that 3, your down one score with 3 TO's. Who knows what happens.

Lincoln Riley is considered the finest mind in college offense. They score more than 40 points per game. At OU LR took a qb transfer every year and turned him into a Heisman candidate and to draft pick while destroying the conference.
"....finest mind?????" If you switched the two QB's that played Saturday night, who wins the game?

ND only punted one time, USC twice. The turn overs killed us. I'm not going to say we didn't have other chances to overcome those, we did, but it was less about not sustaining and more about hanging onto the ball.

Ball on the 27, down 10, I think Lou or most kick it. Puts you down 10-3, one score. Maybe Grupe's consistency played into that a bit. Would be a 42 yarder. He has been inconsistent over 39.

But rival, big game, nice weather. Take that 3, your down one score with 3 TO's. Who knows what happens.
I had zero problem with Tommy Rees going for it on fourth and 1 from the 27 early in the game. Unless you are Georgia, you don't beat Caleb Williams kicking FG's that might be missed anyways.

I'm probably conservative as a defensive guy. So many games come down to those points. How many games did we watch Lou FG himself to a win. If you take those 3 against Stanford, we have a different year.

Look, they were 8-8 with that play, i thought it was a bad spot. The officials seemed to review when an ND guy farted on the field and never watched for anything bad on USC so I doubt the reverse it, but it looked like the ball crossed the need.

• Haha
Reactions: Quest4Twelve
I would be all in on his brother as an OC. But why would he leave TCU?

I had zero problem with Tommy Rees going for it on fourth and 1 from the 27 early in the game. Unless you are Georgia, you don't beat Caleb Williams kicking FG's that might be missed anyways.
Personally not sue why Freeman didn't challenge the spot.

Agreed. Didnt like the call though

"had zero problem with Tommy Rees going for it on fourth and 1 from the 27 early in the game"

That in of itself, was not a bad call -- what was bad about it was that damn gimmick rugby-style formation -- you have a beast of a RB in Estime -- put him in a power I and let him get some steam running -- he will get that 1/2 yard needed.

And like everything else -- he makes it, and ND scores, it was a good call going for it. As such, they did not make it, and it was a terrible call.

"had zero problem with Tommy Rees going for it on fourth and 1 from the 27 early in the game"

That in of itself, was not a bad call -- what was bad about it was that damn gimmick rugby-style formation -- you have a beast of a RB in Estime -- put him in a power I and let him get some steam running -- he will get that 1/2 yard needed.

And like everything else -- he makes it, and ND scores, it was a good call going for it. As such, they did not make it, and it was a terrible call.
I watched the replay 3 times. The OL executed poorly, and simply did not get off the football well at the snap.

He treated 4th and 1 like it was 4th and 1 inch.

"....finest mind?????" If you switched the two QB's that played Saturday night, who wins the game?
Is the 1st question related to the 2nd?

ADVERTISEMENT