ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical...

I do not think there will be a season... I am no expert on anything but I dont think the NCAA can justify having kids play for free knowing they will get and spread COVID.... yes not even the greasy NCAA.

To answer your question, yes I dont see why Book wouldnt come back. His draft stock can only go up as I dont think he has any stock at this time. I would also expect the NCAA to allow for an extra year for any seniors if/when the season is cancelled.

Reactions: IrishMike409
If there is no season, does Book come back for 2021?

can he collect his Social Security and be on-scholarship?

(any kind of season in any contact sport, sends the wrong message about this counties priorities)

can he collect his Social Security and be on-scholarship?

(any kind of season in any contact sport, sends the wrong message about this counties priorities)
Appreciate the candor this morning, but what are your real thoughts? Is Book back in South Bend for 2021?

I do not think there will be a season... I am no expert on anything but I dont think the NCAA can justify having kids play for free knowing they will get and spread COVID.... yes not even the greasy NCAA.

To answer your question, yes I dont see why Book wouldnt come back. His draft stock can only go up as I dont think he has any stock at this time. I would also expect the NCAA to allow for an extra year for any seniors if/when the season is cancelled.
I agree with all of your points.

Reactions: nemeth#5

They will spread covid no matter what. They came from their homes to campuses and a bunch tested positive all over the country. These kids arent going to stay in their homes.

The safest place for them (its safe for them regardless) and more importantly, communites, is being at Notre Dame. They are tested constantly and have medical people around them all the time. As soon as they test positive, they will be isolated and quarantined. If they are in the communities, they will not even know they have it and spread it to the more vulnerable population. They wont be tested and wont be quarantined. No medical staff around them 24/7.

Being on campus around 18 to 25 year olds is safer for everyone than them running around their hometowns.

They will spread covid no matter what. They came from their homes to campuses and a bunch tested positive all over the country. These kids arent going to stay in their homes.

The safest place for them (its safe for them regardless) and more importantly, communites, is being at Notre Dame. They are tested constantly and have medical people around them all the time. As soon as they test positive, they will be isolated and quarantined. If they are in the communities, they will not even know they have it and spread it to the more vulnerable population. They wont be tested and wont be quarantined. No medical staff around them 24/7.

Being on campus around 18 to 25 year olds is safer for everyone than them running around their hometowns.

Lol. Thats a ludicrous assertion. Do you think maybe the kids families would want them near them if they were to get sick? Do you realize the lawsuits from families if football players get sick or die while under a schools medical care?

This is your opinion .... we can disagree on that..much like I disagree with you stating this is no worse than the flu and will have less deaths than the flu (130k and rising after 4+ months). but to have an organization profit off of young kids risking injury is one thing... to do the same while the largest pandemic in the last century is happening is another..... and IN MY OPINION, it will not happen.

The ivy league has already cancelled sports and if you remember they were one of the first to cancel the basketball tournament.... that was way back when our leader was saying there may be 10 deaths or so.

If they’re going to open up k-12 schools and have millions of kids in classrooms, they might as well play football. If K-12 schools open, we’re all getting COVID in the fall. Bet your life on it.

If they’re going to open up k-12 schools and have millions of kids in classrooms, they might as well play football. If K-12 schools open, we’re all getting COVID in the fall. Bet your life on it.
Bet my life on getting COVID? Seems like a lose lose situation to me.

As everything on here... this is just my opinion and what I see happening:

Sports such as baseball and NBA and NHL open up as planned.... players are getting COVID left and right 99% are asymptomatic and fine but now and again there will be a dude who has it real bad and is bed stricken for a week or two... players start to opt out of the season..... Eventually one of the leagues say; "thats it, we tried... season is over" and eventually the rest follow suit, just to fit in if anything. NCAA sees this and there is no way they can have kids play FOR FREE after the Big Leagues already tried and failed while having much more control over 30+- teams compared to the hundreds in college.

It looks like in Michigan high schools are going to play baseball in the fall & football in the spring. I think this would be something college should consider.

Reactions: nemeth#5
It looks like in Michigan high schools are going to play baseball in the fall & football in the spring. I think this would be something college should consider.
Ya, I read somewhere a while back that a Spring season was a possibility.... would be interesting to have a Spring and than Fall 2021 season..... but that is also just punting it down the calendar hoping there is a cure by the Spring..... which you'd hope/think there would be, but I wouldnt count on it..... The only thing I have learned from all of this in regards to the Virus, is no one knows anything for certain. And no one wants to admit they were wrong at times . . . especially the people in charge.

I've said it before...the NCAA will not allow some schools to play and some not.

We are light years from August...(in the world of infectious diseases) a month is an eternity. So much can happen....and will.

I promise you there will be more than the IVY league canceling fall sports. Perhaps spearheaded by a specific state not allowing anyone on campuses...etc.

If that happens you just gave those who can't play a death penalty by allowing ones who can play to do so.

The so called pipe dreamers of the board will say the NCAA can't dictate that.

LOL...
Watch them. When they recommend something funny how everyone follows along.

would that disappoint you?
I’m hopeful there is a season, but if not, I won’t be heart-broken.

I want to see Ian play QB for another 12 or 13 games, at ND. He’s fun to watch, fun to root for, and IMO, very likable.

Plus- having a 5th/6th year QB, who’s won some big games....that’s a good thing.

Last edited:
Lol. Thats a ludicrous assertion. Do you think maybe the kids families would want them near them if they were to get sick? Do you realize the lawsuits from families if football players get sick or die while under a schools medical care?
Players can die for many reasons. The flu is worse to that age group than covid is. And football is still being played every year. There has been hundreds of cases from when players returned to their team and not 1 hospitalization let alone death.

It's ludicrous to let kids run around their communities without being tested and infecting others when schools can test them continuously and have the best medical care. Along with making sure they isolate and quarantine.

Much safer to be at school than at home

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Players can die for many reasons. The flu is worse to that age group than covid is. And football is still being played every year. There has been hundreds of cases from when players returned to their team and not 1 hospitalization let alone death.

It's ludicrous to let kids run around their communities without being tested and infecting others when schools can test them continuously and have the best medical care. Along with making sure they isolate and quarantine.

Much safer to be at school than at home
Someday you will get a little older and become 17 or 18 and whilst incredibly immature you'll be on your way to some adult thinking.

You want a season to happen so badly it makes you blurt immature thoughts out like child.

If a player gets sick...do you think he would like to be locked up and on lock down away from home or do you think he'd rather be at home.
It doesn't matter what the hell kind of medical care ND has there is no place like home. When you're sick that's magnified x1000.

Please spare this notion that if the players get sick it's a big fiesta and grand old time because they're getting oh such amazing care.

LOL...yes....let's play football this season because I want to be spoiled and pampered over while I'm on lockdown. That sounds just swell. Matter of fact I don't even want to play now with the care I will get being sick seems so incredible.

Ridiculous!!!

Someday you will get a little older and become 17 or 18 and whilst incredibly immature you'll be on your way to some adult thinking.

You want a season to happen so badly it makes you blurt immature thoughts out like child.

If a player gets sick...do you think he would like to be locked up and on lock down away from home or do you think he'd rather be at home.
It doesn't matter what the hell kind of medical care ND has there is no place like home. When you're sick that's magnified x1000.

Please spare this notion that if the players get sick it's a big fiesta and grand old time because they're getting oh such amazing care.

LOL...yes....let's play football this season because I want to be spoiled and pampered over while I'm on lockdown. That sounds just swell. Matter of fact I don't even want to play now with the care I will get being sick seems so incredible.

Ridiculous!!!

yea, kid is heartless! he would have future cadavers in the stands just to have football;
he will maintain that notion until:
1. he gets sick-sick or dies
2. he loses a family member or someone dear to him.

till then covid is something for ‘the others’!

Ridiculous!!!
When I was between 18 and 22 and got sick, I didnt need or want to be at home. Id be in my dorm like the rest of students who get sick. I mean I wasnt pampered like a little child when I was adult so maybe my life was different than yours. When I got sick I didnt go home. I stayed at school. Thats just me though. Maybe the softer people would run home I dont know.

And if I was really sick ( which no kid has been yet even though hundreds of college players have tested positive) Id want to be in the hospital.

How soft you are tells me maybe you are under 18 or you were pampered in your life that made you so soft.

Im not on lockdown. No one is. And I have been working the entire time. Was never isolated or quarantined during this time. Put your big boy pants on

When I was between 18 and 22 and got sick, I didnt need or want to be at home. Id be in my dorm like the rest of students who get sick. I mean I wasnt pampered like a little child when I was adult so maybe my life was different than yours. When I got sick I didnt go home. I stayed at school. Thats just me though. Maybe the softer people would run home I dont know.

And if I was really sick ( which no kid has been yet even though hundreds of college players have tested positive) Id want to be in the hospital.

How soft you are tells me maybe you are under 18 or you were pampered in your life that made you so soft.

Im not on lockdown. No one is. And I have been working the entire time. Was never isolated or quarantined during this time. Put your big boy pants on
Dude you are sooooo tough. Honestly surprised you even use a sissy computer and use someone else name to entertain us all with how tough you are.

I bet you could defeat COVID 1 on 1.... dont you think?

tough is doing what the situation calls for to fight back vs the virus

weak is just giving in! he is the later!

If you were in fact even slightly mature and as much time as you spend on this board replying to EVERYTHING no matter the post....
You'd clearly see I'm the board's furthest thing from being soft. That in itself is pretty funny.

See this is your problem....

YOU are the one suggesting that if they get sick they'll be in such amazing hands getting the greatest care. In other words it's you suggesting those who test positive will be pampered and would be much better off staying in campus under lock down than being in their home around their family.

All this because you want a college football season so badly it makes you tone deaf to reality.
What I think is you need to stop speaking for others about covid and their symptoms.
Do people have differing symptoms from the common flu? They certainly do. Quit painting a broad brush covering everyone acting like no big deal if they get it or not.

You can't shut the economy down but we are not talking about safe distancing in football. Unless of course you're the defense in the Big12. Defense there seems to be safe distancing for years.

I doubt a season happens but if it does ok. If it doesn't ok.

You need a little more life and less internet and sports.

Dude you are sooooo tough. Honestly surprised you even use a sissy computer and use someone else name to entertain us all with how tough you are.

I bet you could defeat COVID 1 on 1.... dont you think?
Are you obsessed with me or something? Im not into that stuff. I dont go that way boss.

Nothing I said was saying Im tough. Its normal to get sick in school and stay at your school and not go home. Maybe you think I'm acting tough because you're the type who would run home if you got the flu

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Are you obsessed with me or something? Im not into that stuff. I dont go that way boss.

Nothing I said was saying Im tough. Its normal to get sick in school and stay at your school and not go home. Maybe you think I'm acting tough because you're the type who would run home if you got the flu
Can’t you two see you are in love?

If you were in fact even slightly mature and as much time as you spend on this board replying to EVERYTHING no matter the post....
You'd clearly see I'm the board's furthest thing from being soft. That in itself is pretty funny.

See this is your problem....

YOU are the one suggesting that if they get sick they'll be in such amazing hands getting the greatest care. In other words it's you suggesting those who test positive will be pampered and would be much better off staying in campus under lock down than being in their home around their family.

All this because you want a college football season so badly it makes you tone deaf to reality.
What I think is you need to stop speaking for others about covid and their symptoms.
Do people have differing symptoms from the common flu? They certainly do. Quit painting a broad brush covering everyone acting like no big deal if they get it or not.

You can't shut the economy down but we are not talking about safe distancing in football. Unless of course you're the defense in the Big12. Defense there seems to be safe distancing for years.

I doubt a season happens but if it does ok. If it doesn't ok.

You need a little more life and less internet and sports.
Ah manipulating my words to fit your agenda. Thats the norm these days. Typical talk. Not buying into it.

Get a life lol. My life hasnt changed. I work 5 days a week. Lift about 4 to 5 days. Basketball or cardio once or twice a week. Stay active. Maybe some golf. Thats the life I enjoy.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Ah manipulating my words to fit your agenda. Thats the norm these days. Typical talk. Not buying into it.

Get a life lol. My life hasnt changed. I work 5 days a week. Lift about 4 to 5 days. Basketball or cardio once or twice a week. Stay active. Maybe some golf. Thats the life I enjoy.

I bet he wants you to send him some nudes.

Playing basketball during the quarantine kept me sane.

This is your opinion .... we can disagree on that..much like I disagree with you stating this is no worse than the flu and will have less deaths than the flu (130k and rising after 4+ months). but to have an organization profit off of young kids risking injury is one thing... to do the same while the largest pandemic in the last century is happening is another..... and IN MY OPINION, it will not happen.

The ivy league has already cancelled sports and if you remember they were one of the first to cancel the basketball tournament.... that was way back when our leader was saying there may be 10 deaths or so.
Is that around the time your liberal friends called Trump a racist for banning travel from China?

Reactions: rgc7 and Golson5
Ya, I read somewhere a while back that a Spring season was a possibility.... would be interesting to have a Spring and than Fall 2021 season..... but that is also just punting it down the calendar hoping there is a cure by the Spring..... which you'd hope/think there would be, but I wouldnt count on it..... The only thing I have learned from all of this in regards to the Virus, is no one knows anything for certain. And no one wants to admit they were wrong at times . . . especially the people in charge.
No one knows what this mystery virus is but hey, blame Trump. Wimbledon and the Olympics are canceled but Trump should’ve done a better job being president of the IOC and the UK!

Reactions: Golson5

You post like a teenie bopper.

Pretty incredible you're that busy yet have the time for 3,500 plus posts in a little over a year.
Must be the new basketball. Shoot one handed with the device in the other. Maybe a new treadmill with the smart screen right in front for more postings whilst getting your "cardio". L O L

Whatever man. Quit telling the world how they'll feel if they get covid just because you want college football so bad. You're like a spoiled brat on Christmas morning.

I say again...more life, less internet. I triple echo again...quit telling people how their life is or will be and add a little more to yours.

To quote our fearless leader DJT, the cure cannot be worse than the disease or whatever he said. Imagine if 2 players died from playing football this year. Think about how many players have died from gunshots, drugs and alcohol, HIV, car accidents, heart attacks/stroke, paralysis, other illnesses. The effects on the economy and personal hardships, suicides etc will be much greater than the effects of the virus from playing football. Most people have probably already been infected and fought it off. Also new drugs have been created which already work. I say play the damn games. If people are so apprehensive then play part of the season in the fall and part in the Spring. But play the damn season!

You post like a teenie bopper.

Pretty incredible you're that busy yet have the time for 3,500 plus posts in a little over a year.
Must be the new basketball. Shoot one handed with the device in the other. Maybe a new treadmill with the smart screen right in front for more postings whilst getting your "cardio". L O L

Whatever man. Quit telling the world how they'll feel if they get covid just because you want college football so bad. You're like a spoiled brat on Christmas morning.

I say again...more life, less internet. I triple echo again...quit telling people how their life is or will be and add a little more to yours.
I live a pretty simple life. Enjoyable for me though. If you think that is truly busy, you must be sitting around a lot doing nothing. Going to work and going to the gym after work and you think that is "that busy". What the hell do you do all day if you think that is busy? Im sorry if you cant do multiple things during a day. Get more active or something. Crawl from under your bed and go out and do something.

And you quit telling me how I should feel about covid. I'll give my opinion when I decide to and you do the same. You post the same nonsense over and over.....and over about Kelly and people tell you enough, yet you keep on... over and over....and over.

I feel you should get a life and stop obsessing about Kelly. So I mean we can do this back and forth since you want to call me out. Or you can act like an adult and realize we have different opinions on covid and maybe get out of your lockdown you are on and go outside. Its okay to be outside.

To quote our fearless leader DJT, the cure cannot be worse than the disease or whatever he said. Imagine if 2 players died from playing football this year. Think about how many players have died from gunshots, drugs and alcohol, HIV, car accidents, heart attacks/stroke, paralysis, other illnesses. The effects on the economy and personal hardships, suicides etc will be much greater than the effects of the virus from playing football. Most people have probably already been infected and fought it off. Also new drugs have been created which already work. I say play the damn games. If people are so apprehensive then play part of the season in the fall and part in the Spring. But play the damn season!

so how many? how many deaths is your “ok” number?
I assume you also only mean other peoples families, should suffer, not yours !

It’s a personal choice. No body is making anyone go to the games. Nobody is making anyone go out to eat.

Your not the 18 year old that would not even see a sniffle but loses a year for nothing.

My daughter, living in her college apartment was positive. So where her 3 roommates. Not one of them has a symptom. Not even a sniffle. Nor did her asymptomatic friend that gave it to them.

Why is it someone else’s job to tell us what to do, where to go? I can decide for myself based on my health and age.

If some kids don’t want to play they can opt out. If coaches, refs, others want to opt out let them.

Why is it people feel that God no longer endowed me with my rights? Why are we shutting this world down for something that outside of a specific type of person has no impact. Maybe its political?

if they are playing, I am going. That’s my choice. I wish they would let us all make them.

so how many? how many deaths is your “ok” number?
I assume you also only mean other peoples families, should suffer, not yours !
I doubt there will be any but if there are my point was that there are many hazards in life that can just as easily do us in.

No one knows what this mystery virus is but hey, blame Trump. Wimbledon and the Olympics are canceled but Trump should’ve done a better job being president of the IOC and the UK!
I mean look... I am not LIBERAL.... I hate both sides equally. And just as biased as you are to protect Trump, the other side is willing to blame him..... everyone is wrong lol. #libertarian.

Reactions: NIN Irish
I mean look... I am not LIBERAL.... I hate both sides equally. And just as biased as you are to protect Trump, the other side is willing to blame him..... everyone is wrong lol. #libertarian.

that everyone is wrong is right

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT