NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
Javon McKinley
Brock Wright
Tommy Kraemer
Shawn Crawford
Nick McCloud

These picks are hard to determine because Detroit is Irish friendly, but who knows how the new regime is going to act in bringing in the new. I am going to say Kraemer either makes it or gets picked up by another team. Detroit just picked up all would tackle in the first round. Kraemer at one time beat out both Liam and Hainsey, in addition, he was top 50 out of high school.
McKinley hit Detroit at the right time being Galladay left town. He will follow in the steps of Claypool and Boykin as tall physical receivers.
McCloud got a raw deal in Buffalo because they have eight CB's on their roster, but two are over 30 years old. McCloud has good size at 6'0" weighing in 195 lbs even more impressive he ran a 4.35 forty if he does not make it at Buffalo some team will pick him up.
Those are my three to make it to the next level even though I hope all of them make it.

Not sure McCloudgot a raw deal. He sign as a FA in Buffalo, he could have signed somewhere else.

I have a soft spot for Javon McKinley. The way he stepped up as an upperclassmen when it looked like his college career might be a complete washout was awesome. He was huge for us this past season. And although he's seriously jacked, I don't suppose he's big enough or fast enough or athletic enough for the NFL, but if he plays as well as he did this past season he could have an outside shot.

Brock Wright is just not an enough of an impact guy, but he does have the raw tools and is a good blocker.

If Nick McCloud really is a true 4.3 range guy, and that wasn't just some sort of fluke, maybe he could be sort of a classic UDFA success story, because on paper he's got NFL tools and was a totally proficient, good enough player for us. Oftentimes those are the dudes that make it after going undrafted.

Tommy Kraemer two and three years ago always used to make those early draft lists for the 2021 class. Mainly because he was already a starter at an OL factory like ND and was a former elite recruit. And probably not because scouts were closely studying his film. Nevertheless if he got fully healthy, who knows?

If Nick McCloud really is a true 4.3 range guy, and that wasn't just some sort of fluke, maybe he could be sort of a classic UDFA success story, because on paper he's got NFL tools and was a totally proficient, good enough player for us. Oftentimes those are the dudes that make it after going undrafted.

Actually thought McCloud's college stats and measurables made him a better chocie than many of the cornerbacks selected in the draft. Same goes for McKinley and Kraemer compared to others that were drafted.

I have little faith NFL scouts and staff have sufficient analytical skills to compare games played against different competition. Seem too reliant on measurables and highlight films.

Javon McKinley
Brock Wright
Tommy Kraemer
Shawn Crawford
Nick McCloud

These picks are hard to determine because Detroit is Irish friendly, but who knows how the new regime is going to act in bringing in the new. I am going to say Kraemer either makes it or gets picked up by another team. Detroit just picked up all would tackle in the first round. Kraemer at one time beat out both Liam and Hainsey, in addition, he was top 50 out of high school.
McKinley hit Detroit at the right time being Galladay left town. He will follow in the steps of Claypool and Boykin as tall physical receivers.
McCloud got a raw deal in Buffalo because they have eight CB's on their roster, but two are over 30 years old. McCloud has good size at 6'0" weighing in 195 lbs even more impressive he ran a 4.35 forty if he does not make it at Buffalo some team will pick him up.
Those are my three to make it to the next level even though I hope all of them make it.
How does one get a “raw deal” when you choose which team you sign with?

I think Kraemer will make roster. I also like McKinley's chances. I really thought both would've got drafted in the seventh round. Better than some of those late rounders. The other 3 I really not sure they stick.

Not sure McCloudgot a raw deal. He sign as a FA in Buffalo, he could have signed somewhere else.
Buffalo has a total of nine CB's on the roster, which means he will have to beat out three of them. I love the organization, but an UDFA has a very big mountain to climb. Of course, there are several variables involved as mentioned, two of them are 30 years plus, if he is even close to them then cap space comes into play. I imagine special teams will be a part of his package. I hope he makes it. He took a big chance leaving NC State where he was already established to be on a bigger stage at ND.

ADVERTISEMENT