ADVERTISEMENT

How could the officials ON the field and in the replay booth miss targeting

I think they didn't think any sane man would try to 'target' Mayer's chest with his own head.

Officiating has been very bad the first three games.

Not only our games. I've watched other games, and have seen some strange officiating. For example, last night's PSU-AU game where PSU went from down 1, down 3, down 4. No second down and the refs and replay officials wouldn't do anything about it.

Reactions: theskibro
And then they miss the PI on Purdue with the DB’s arm around Lenzy
Our OL was holding the entire game and wasn’t called. People bitching about the refs should go back and watch our pathetic fat slob OL wrapping their arms around guys that are half their size because they’re getting manhandled by 200lb players. The amount of holding by our OL was insane. We are lucky the refs were shitty. The reason our OL “improved” was because they were holding. I don’t expect any favors vs Wisconsin.

Well, once that numb nuts officiating expert on NBC called it targeting, I knew it couldn't possibly be, so I stopped paying attention.

Our OL was holding the entire game and wasn’t called. People bitching about the refs should go back and watch our pathetic fat slob OL wrapping their arms around guys that are half their size because they’re getting manhandled by 200lb players. The amount of holding by our OL was insane. We are lucky the refs were shitty. The reason our OL “improved” was because they were holding. I don’t expect any favors vs Wisconsin.
What 200lb defensive players.

Did the Purdue OL hold, or was it just ND’s OL ?

Officiating has been very bad the first three games.
I didn’t get to see much of the game as I was at my daughters SB tournament and watched sparingly on Hulu but I just discussed this with some buddies.

We were talking about how bad the officiating seems to be in college and even the NFL. I know it’s tough, plays happen fast but they do this for a living. Their unwillingness to p/u flags when they clearly make a wrong call is something I’ll never understand?

Example - let’s say I’m the “Back Judge” and the “Side Judge” calls pass interference but from my vantage I clearly saw the WR lost his footing and wasn’t interfered with by the CB. I would go over and say “nah bro, that’s not what happened, let’s p/u the flag.”

but they never do this, we watch the replay five times and listen to the announcers talk about how bad the call was and nothing ever changes it seems.

ADVERTISEMENT