ADVERTISEMENT

Help from the Weather?

tbonesays

I've posted how many times?
Jul 12, 2017
It is currently 70 F in South Bend (and 56 in Phoenix which to us means frigid). However tomorrow they are calling for mid 60s with a 70% chance of wind and rain. Good for us?

I am reminded of the Purdue game in 2000. Friday was a cold and rainy day. I thought whoever this Drew Breeze guy is will be throwing in a lot more than a breeze tomorrow. Of course Saturday was sunny and still, but ND won anyway.

It is currently 70 F in South Bend (and 56 in Phoenix which to us means frigid). However tomorrow they are calling for mid 60s with a 70% chance of wind and rain. Good for us?

I am reminded of the Purdue game in 2000. Friday was a cold and rainy day. I thought whoever this Drew Breeze guy is will be throwing in a lot more than a breeze tomorrow. Of course Saturday was sunny and still, but ND won anyway.
DJ has a big arm. Pynes arm is weak.

The wind would hurt us more than them. Our pass game is pedestrian enough. This would hurt us more than them

Looks like rain tapers off by kickoff time but the winds are going to be 20 MPH.

Let's see what Pyne is made of.

Looks like rain tapers off by kickoff time but the winds are going to be 20 MPH.

doubtful it will have any impact on his scrambling or running skills; he will get his ‘Vick’ on regardless!

Pine grows where it snows of course so they tend to be reasonably flexible. We had a giant blue spruce at least 50' tall that stood until a Nor' Easter snapped it in half.

Our Pyne does lob it up on the deep passes, but since they aren't that accurate anyway...

Since at least 3 recruits have already bailed (not sure if it’s the weather or not), I don’t think it helps us one bit. To beat Clemson, you need to pass. Pyne already sucks at passing. I cannot imagine 20 mph winds and rain are going to make matters better. Clemson is not a super great passing team anyways. If the game is one in the trenches, it’s an advantage to Clemson, not ND. Clemson wins defensively and their stout defensive line is going to dominate our OL. Rain makes matters worse.

The problem with pyne that I’m not sure can be fixed is quick short passes on third down because he’s so short. Line doesn’t have time to create lanes for him to throw and see.
Pyne has to be able to connect on a bunch of passes in the 10-25 yard range downfield

ND must stop Shipley. Screw Clemsons defense. ND offense needs to grow a pair in big games.

I don’t ever count ND out, too much history but I just don’t see how we score on Clemson with DP.

This feels much like OSU. If not for a miracle play one, we score 7 pts. We don’t have a QB really. Syracuse has one and put up 21. I don’t think our run game will grind out but 1, like Bama a few years ago.

Maybe a ST play or 2 adds 6 and maybe one Mayer play adds 3. We just have little chance with that QB.

Feels like a 24-13 type of game

Usually helps a running team. But you can get fumbles. To help you need “cutters”, we are more straight line.

Shipley is a top RB. Averaging 6 a carry. Seems pretty even.

What helps ND is recruting. I wish it was sunny and 70.

Since at least 3 recruits have already bailed (not sure if it’s the weather or not), I don’t think it helps us one bit. To beat Clemson, you need to pass. Pyne already sucks at passing. I cannot imagine 20 mph winds and rain are going to make matters better. Clemson is not a super great passing team anyways. If the game is one in the trenches, it’s an advantage to Clemson, not ND. Clemson wins defensively and their stout defensive line is going to dominate our OL. Rain makes matters worse.
to beat ND, you need to pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT