ADVERTISEMENT

Has the Big House imploded???

Both of the Harbaugh's are in trouble. The Ravens are in a down hill cycle as well as Michigan.

Pretty incredible that “fans” on this board were asking why we didn’t recruit Joe Milton after their Minnesota win. This was in the middle of a 3-4 week run where Book was getting attacked daily. What a joke that turned out to be!

Reactions: NDapolisDS
Why revel in the trials and travails of others ?
Just go on their board and take a look. They can't leave us alone and we can't leave them alone.

One joker on the Michigan board started a thread about ND being a fraud ranked at #2. They're in the midst of their worst season in years, yet they're still obsessed and harp about ND.

I guess that made that guy feel better about their situation. For the moment, LOL.

Just go on their board and take a look. They can't leave us alone and we can't leave them alone.

One joker on the Michigan board started a thread about ND being a fraud ranked at #2. They're in the midst of their worst season in years, yet they're still obsessed and harp about ND.

I guess that made that guy feel better about their situation. For the moment, LOL.

Honest question, if we play them now, do we win by at least 50? (even in a monsoon).

They are a train wreck and might not even be the top 5 in Michigan. MSU, Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan and Detroit Little Sisters of the Poor convent would all hammer them. lol

Honest question, if we play them now, do we win by at least 50? (even in a monsoon).

They are a train wreck and might not even be the top 5 in Michigan. MSU, Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan and Detroit Little Sisters of the Poor convent would all hammer them. lol
It's been a pleasure to watch their demise. It couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

IF Clemson's backup had been a dud and we barely beat them they might have a bit of a case; but the backup played very well and we still overall controlled that game.
Which just has to mean the scumU losers are gritting their teeth so much they need to visit the dentist.

I really detest that guy who is their recruiting coordinator. Negative recruiter. Well he can't blast ND with Meechigan's record. Only guy we missed on was Cam McGrone. Yet our linebackers are playing at a high level. Trust in Lea. I hear Brian Griese is livid over what is happening at UM.

Reactions: TorontoHrvat
I really detest that guy who is their recruiting coordinator. Negative recruiter. Well he can't blast ND with Meechigan's record. Only guy we missed on was Cam McGrone. Yet our linebackers are playing at a high level. Trust in Lea. I hear Brian Griese is livid over what is happening at UM.
And let us not forget "Coach Sleepover".

Who was the kid that (Mc something?) who along with the recruiting co-ordinator knew all along he wasn't coming here and played us...thought it would be funny. Poor kid then tore up his knee and Michigan is in shambles...karma.

Living in Northern Cal at the time, it was interesting to watch the 49ers under Harbaugh. He came in and did A great job with the Gen Mgr in cleaning house and developing a young group into Super Bowl contenders. The players and fans loved him. Then it started to unravel as the young guys became veterans and they tired of Harbaugh’s hyper rah rah BS. When he accepted the Michigan HC position, I thought he would excel there with the constant influx of impressionable young men buying into his coaching style and persona. He’s won his share of ten game seasons, but his record against Ohio St and Michigan St just sucks, and this year the team looks like they have flat out quit on him. I think it’s likely they don’t extend his contract, but I also think he is really only an NFL hire for teams in tear down and build mode.

Living in Northern Cal at the time, it was interesting to watch the 49ers under Harbaugh. He came in and did A great job with the Gen Mgr in cleaning house and developing a young group into Super Bowl contenders. The players and fans loved him. Then it started to unravel as the young guys became veterans and they tired of Harbaugh’s hyper rah rah BS. When he accepted the Michigan HC position, I thought he would excel there with the constant influx of impressionable young men buying into his coaching style and persona. He’s won his share of ten game seasons, but his record against Ohio St and Michigan St just sucks, and this year the team looks like they have flat out quit on him. I think it’s likely they don’t extend his contract, but I also think he is really only an NFL hire for teams in tear down and build mode.
Have you ever seen his pre-game locker room speech? It's basically the same thing every time.

"We're gonna be TOUGH! We're gonna be PHYSICAL! We're gonna play MICHIGAN FOOTBALL!!!!!!

After about the 8th time it loses its affect.

Have you ever seen his pre-game locker room speech? It's basically the same thing every time.

"We're gonna be TOUGH! We're gonna be PHYSICAL! We're gonna play MICHIGAN FOOTBALL!!!!!!

After about the 8th time it loses its affect.
No, but that’s exactly the type of crap that the 49ers tired of.

I also live in the Bay Area and observed the same as some of you about Harbaugh. He seems to overly rely on emotional cheerleading that wears thin at some point. But I'd have thought he'd evolve, much like CBK had too in different ways.

I still think Michigan would make a mistake firing Harbaugh now. The experience of CBK taught me how long it takes to compete at an elite level once the wheels come off in the modern game. ND and Michigan want to have academic integrity, which means a long process of establishing a recruiting pipeline for this...never mind keeping them academically qualified, advancing socially challenged men, and simply combatting the allure of an easier and fun time at alternatives.

The latter is not simple. More complicated than I realized. It took me this year to realize this about CBK.

I posted on other ND forums that although I support and always root for ND, CBK reached his ceiling. That ND could never win the big games with him. That ND would never get enough depth to round out getting a few NFL caliber players.

I obviously am eating my words. 10 years. ND now is the run legitimately, more so than any time under CBK, the real thing. Michigan better learn and think hard, as Harbaugh inherited an absolute dumpster fire which won't turn around so easily in a modern context.

Sure, the bet is that Harbaugh can evolve and be that coach and program manager that CBK has become. I'm not football expert to say the least, just a dedicated fan...but I say let him have this bad year and give 1-2 years to turn it around. Maybe you can turn an academically blind school quicker, but not an ND, Stanford, and Michigan.

As always, just my 2 cents opinion.

I also live in the Bay Area and observed the same as some of you about Harbaugh. He seems to overly rely on emotional cheerleading that wears thin at some point. But I'd have thought he'd evolve, much like CBK had too in different ways.

I still think Michigan would make a mistake firing Harbaugh now. The experience of CBK taught me how long it takes to compete at an elite level once the wheels come off in the modern game. ND and Michigan want to have academic integrity, which means a long process of establishing a recruiting pipeline for this...never mind keeping them academically qualified, advancing socially challenged men, and simply combatting the allure of an easier and fun time at alternatives.

The latter is not simple. More complicated than I realized. It took me this year to realize this about CBK.

I posted on other ND forums that although I support and always root for ND, CBK reached his ceiling. That ND could never win the big games with him. That ND would never get enough depth to round out getting a few NFL caliber players.

I obviously am eating my words. 10 years. ND now is the run legitimately, more so than any time under CBK, the real thing. Michigan better learn and think hard, as Harbaugh inherited an absolute dumpster fire which won't turn around so easily in a modern context.

Sure, the bet is that Harbaugh can evolve and be that coach and program manager that CBK has become. I'm not football expert to say the least, just a dedicated fan...but I say let him have this bad year and give 1-2 years to turn it around. Maybe you can turn an academically blind school quicker, but not an ND, Stanford, and Michigan.

As always, just my 2 cents opinion.
He has had 5 years and the trend is definitely negative. I heard the same thing about Jason Garrett with the cowboys and they wasted 10 years on him. Though McCarthy seems to be a failure as well. Perhaps until Jerry Jones is pushing up daisies nothing will change there.

BUT back to the FAILURE of Harbaugh
5 years is sufficient to know when a coach is not working out. BY this time all the players are HIS recruits. He has HIS staff. and its a failure

Harbaugh has been 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 10-3, 9-4, and is currently 2-4. Still better to me than Rich Rodriquez and Brady Hoke.

I would give Harbaugh a chance to show this is an outlier year. Again, I can't possibly know the details. I could be as wrong about Harbaugh as I was about CBK. I only know what an armchair fan can, probably less.

But I know how so many programs have been set back by frequent enough change. Nebraska, Tennessee, and I recall ND before CBK...and how tempting to was to change out CBK.

It's not an easy decision for Michigan.

Reactions: IrishMike409

Why would any ND fan go and read stuff on the Michigan board? I would think if you don’t want your BP to go up don’t read that filth.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Harbaugh has been 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 10-3, 9-4, and is currently 2-4. Still better to me than Rich Rodriquez and Brady Hoke.

I would give Harbaugh a chance to show this is an outlier year. Again, I can't possibly know the details. I could be as wrong about Harbaugh as I was about CBK. I only know what an armchair fan can, probably less.

But I know how so many programs have been set back by frequent enough change. Nebraska, Tennessee, and I recall ND before CBK...and how tempting to was to change out CBK.

It's not an easy decision for Michigan.
Michigan standards say Harbaugh is a failure. What is his record vs OSU?
How many Big 10 championships has he won?
That spits on your claim pretty good..

Do ND fans really want Michigan to firer Harbaugh? I for one would like to see him stay. The long he stays at UM the better it will be for ND.

Reactions: NDapolisDS
I get what Michigan aspires to be. Including beating Ohio State. Similar to ND when CBK lost to USC. I’m
Michigan standards say Harbaugh is a failure. What is his record vs OSU?
How many Big 10 championships has he won?
That spits on your claim pretty good..

ND had its standards after Holtz left. But it’s been a painful 32 years in this context. It took a CBK and it took giving him 10 years, withstanding some mixed years.

I could be wrong. But it takes a lot these days to create a competitive program.

Harbaugh will have to gut his staff.......that isn't his style, but it will be more or less mandated....and frankly, he should. CBK had to go through some of that, not quite as radical maybe.

He will have to show that he buys into the fix in a big way. If he bucks, he's gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT