ADVERTISEMENT

Harry Heistand appreciation thread

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
The offensive line is really starting to come online the last several games. I remember earlier in the season Heistand was getting a lot of heat, and now he hasn't been mentioned since.

Just wanted to acknowledge the fantastic results Heistand has been getting with the O-line in recent games.

HH might have been getting some heat from our, I don't know, volatile fanbase.... But for the most part, that dude is hailed as one of the great position coaches in the sport's history by ND fans. With that in mind, we need to lead the nation in rushing before he gets any special kudos. Our OL under BK/JQ did everything we needed to get to the playoffs or very nearly every season Quinn was part of the staff.....

HH might have been getting some heat from our, I don't know, volatile fanbase.... But for the most part, that dude is hailed as one of the great position coaches in the sport's history by ND fans. With that in mind, we need to lead the nation in rushing before he gets any special kudos. Our OL under BK/JQ did everything we needed to get to the playoffs or very nearly every season Quinn was part of the staff.....
Most ND fans live in a box.

The offensive line is really starting to come online the last several games. I remember earlier in the season Heistand was getting a lot of heat, and now he hasn't been mentioned since.

Just wanted to acknowledge the fantastic results Heistand has been getting with the O-line in recent games.
I do appreciate HH. That said, Jeff Quinn was part of a coaching staff with Brian Kelly that went 44-6 from 2018-2021, and played in two CFB playoff games.

I appreciate that as well. A lot.

Reactions: echowaker
I can say going into game 3, i was on the doubter train. They had the same guys from last year and got worse. There is no denying that OL from the OSU game 13 to OSU game 1, 2022 took a huge step back.

They looked pathetic against OSU, Marshall and Cal. The are starting to look much different. So yea, hats off to Harry. I'm not sure why it took 4 games to get back to where they were, but the are now moving forward.

They had the same guys from last year and got worse. There is no denying that OL from the OSU game 13 to OSU game 1, 2022 took a huge step back.

Patterson moved from C to LG, new RG and RT, and C with limited starting experience in 2021.

Madden was RG last year and Fisher was hurt for most of the year so little work at RT, and Correll started early 6 games in 2021,

Hardly the same group when OL needs to adjust to working together so concept of step back is silly.

I nver understood vilifying HH earlier this season. He’s was undoing years of Jeff Quinn coaching, doesn’t happen overnight.

I nver understood vilifying HH earlier this season. He’s was undoing years of Jeff Quinn coaching, doesn’t happen overnight.
Not sure Quinn deserves muc criticism considering the number of OL from hsi time that are on NFL rosters. Even a number of undrafted OL players are on rosters and have earned a number of starts.

Reactions: echowaker
Not sure Quinn deserves muc criticism considering the number of OL from hsi time that are on NFL rosters. Even a number of undrafted OL players are on rosters and have earned a number of starts.
He was awful last year. Beyond bad. A lot of those guys were recruited and coached by Heistand as well

Every coach and player who was on the roster doesnt get equal credit for 44 and 6. Some deserve more and some less. Also, having a weaker schedule doesnt hurt
A weaker schedule ?

Does ”A weaker schedule” include teams like Marshall and Stanford ?

Every coach and player who was on the roster doesnt get equal credit for 44 and 6. Some deserve more and some less. Also, having a weaker schedule doesnt hurt
How many starters did we lose from last year's line in the first couple of games?

when you start seeing ‘appreciation threads’, you are probably unappreciated

Dunce !

And “dunces” such as yourself, don't possess original thoughts, so they copy others, like me, who originally called you a “fraud”

You’re a dunce and a fraud !

Not even close, he’s a dunce and a fraud !

He doesn’t even understand what “ranking the teams” means !

The goal is to end up with the 4 best teams.

Vegas knows the answer, the committee and the fraudulent dunce don’t !

Not even close, he’s a dunce and a fraud !

He doesn’t even understand what “ranking the teams” means !

The goal is to end up with the 4 best teams.

Vegas knows the answer, the committee and the fraudulent dunce don’t !
Fraud!

What was the spread from Vegas when we played Marshall and Stanford?

Alabama was an 8.5 pt favorite agaibst Tenn. How did that game go.

Bama would probably be a favorite if they played again. So should that game not count and should we have Bama ranked over Tenn now?

What a freaking joke you are! Fraud !

How many starters did we lose from last year's line in the first couple of games?
And did we not lose a third later in the season? My point, obviously, is the line had some tough luck last season as well as a very immobile quarterback.

I realize many people on this board have forgotten more about football than I'll ever know, and I also know there is a consensus among them that Harry Hiestand is a great coach.
But I would just suggest holding off on the appreciation thread until one of his lines actually performs well against a really good defense because I think that will be the first time it actually has.

The only person volatile on this forum is YOU!!

Fraud!

What was the spread from Vegas when we played Marshall and Stanford?

Alabama was an 8.5 pt favorite agaibst Tenn. How did that game go.

Bama would probably be a favorite if they played again. So should that game not count and should we have Bama ranked over Tenn now?

What a freaking joke you are! Fraud !
You don’t understand a number of things.

1. Vegas isn’t perfect, but they’re highly accurate.
2. Anomalies are in the great minority
3. You can’t take a particular, an anomaly, and convert it to a universal, which you tried to do.
4. You‘re predisposing the answer to your hypothesis with a flawed premise
5. We saw FSU ranked ahead of ND when ND beat FSU.
6. The purpose of the rankings is to select the best teams irrespective of their record.
7. Vegas is exponentially more qualified to make that determination than the committee.
8. As of today Georgia should be ranked ahead of Tennessee and I’m a big UT fan

You’re just stupid and the sad part is that there’s no cure for stupid !

the problems over the years (10-12) has been the vaunted ND OL’s seem to disappear when matched with the more elite team. regardless of who the OL coach has been.

Curious: HH is so great, why ishe always so available? Same for Quinn.

the problems over the years (10-12) has been the vaunted ND OL’s seem to disappear when matched with the more elite team. regardless of who the OL coach has been.

That could also have something to do with the game plan

But, there’s another factor that no one wants to recognize and admit.

Alabama and Clemson had more talent and we’re better than ND

IN FACT, THEY WERE BETTER THAN EVERY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY.

STOP WHINING AND DEAL WITH REALITY !

He could have been here for 10 years now. He decided he wanted to go the nfl. He wasnt available, he decided that

I dont think anyone thinks Quinn is great

That could also have something to do with the game plan

But, there’s another factor that no one wants to recognize and admit.

Alabama and Clemson had more talent and we’re better than ND

IN FACT, THEY WERE BETTER THAN EVERY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY.

STOP WHINING AND DEAL WITH REALITY !
Miami, Michigan, Cincy weren't more talented.

It has been a problem

Reactions: NDinNJ
Patterson moved from C to LG, new RG and RT, and C with limited starting experience in 2021.

Madden was RG last year and Fisher was hurt for most of the year so little work at RT, and Correll started early 6 games in 2021,

Hardly the same group when OL needs to adjust to working together so concept of step back is silly.

The inverse is Alt was a Frosh, now a year later in the weight room and much more practice with Harry. Patterson is an All American and played guard several times. Madden was awful so we upgraded and last year Fisher was out all season, a 5 star, and is an upgrade.

Yes, some parts but upgrades in all areas and they were worse. All the moves in the world can't explain Marshall and Cal. 130 vs Marshall and 140 vs Cal.

Like I said, I give him credit but at every spot on that OL they have more experience and are better players so the drop off was tough to explain. I could get my head around a golfer who has a bad swing, and it takes time to correct. I'm glad he got it moving the right way. Let's see how we do against a defense like Clemson, it will be a good measuring stick.

ADVERTISEMENT