ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Easter all -- Chris Tyree post

Quest4Twelve

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Aug 31, 2009
I love the tenacity and toughness of Kyren, I really do. However, I hope the staff figures out how to get Tyree so more touches. I feel we have the same problem when GA III was playing RB. He wasn't a great all around back but he could pop the big play because of speed. Kyren should be the starter but Chris needs more love.

Agree?

I love the tenacity and toughness of Kyren, I really do. However, I hope the staff figures out how to get Tyree so more touches. I feel we have the same problem when GA III was playing RB. He wasn't a great all around back but he could pop the big play because of speed. Kyren should be the starter but Chris needs more love.

Agree?
He'll get a lot more touches this year. He's a lot better back than GA3.

Yes, he’ll get more touches this year as both a runner and receiver out of the backfield. With Tremble gone, I wonder if we’ll see someone like Brock takeover the blocking role that Tremble excelled at, or more double back sets with Kyren and Tyree. We’ll miss TT!

Yes, he’ll get more touches this year as both a runner and receiver out of the backfield. With Tremble gone, I wonder if we’ll see someone like Brock takeover the blocking role that Tremble excelled at, or more double back sets with Kyren and Tyree. We’ll miss TT!
TT was my favorite player in a long time. I can’t stand losing that guy. I want him on my team bad. I miss him n respect him so much that I think he is possibly the best ND tight end ever. Not based on numbers but on all around ability. He was under used.

Tyree had over 110 touches as a true freshman on a CFP team (in only 12 games). The only RB ahead of him was a 1000 yard rusher who had 0 touches as a true freshman & like 10 touches as a RsFreshman. Tyree will get more touches, but they will still get Kyren his touches. And they will utilize a third back also for depth & health. ND did a really good job balancing Tyree as a true freshman on a top 4 team with a great back ahead of him.

TT was my favorite player in a long time. I can’t stand losing that guy. I want him on my team bad. I miss him n respect him so much that I think he is possibly the best ND tight end ever. Not based on numbers but on all around ability. He was under used.
If you think TT is even in the top 5 of ND TE’s ever you really need to study the history of ND TE’s...including HOF ones.
Lou did an article on ND TE’s & there have been some amazing TEs over the years. There is one who played with him last year who is already a better receiver & will surpass him as a blocker soon. TT was good, and ND used him properly in the sets they ran, so I wouldn’t say they misused him.

Is Brock Wright coming back??

He should take almost all the touches cbo got last year. Tyree should be the true #2. Cbo should only be in if both need a breather or it's garbage time.

He should take almost all the touches cbo got last year. Tyree should be the true #2. Cbo should only be in if both need a breather or it's garbage time.

No need anymore with the C'Bo bashing. He was a stud for us last year, and he's third string anyway, so it's not like he needs to be cut down to size. All he ever does is play garbage time already or if a starter is incapacitated.

Where the F does this even come from? What do have against the dude, and don't tell me it's only because he sucks so badly that for the good of the program he can never be allowed to play an important snap. That argument has clearly been debunked. He's done quite well when given extended PT.

Maybe you're just being a troll, and you have some goofy unexplained antipathy for C'Bo Flemister, and you're just going to let it ride no matter how well he plays.

If you think TT is even in the top 5 of ND TE’s ever you really need to study the history of ND TE’s...including HOF ones.
Lou did an article on ND TE’s & there have been some amazing TEs over the years. There is one who played with him last year who is already a better receiver & will surpass him as a blocker soon. TT was good, and ND used him properly in the sets they ran, so I wouldn’t say they misused him.
So you are going to tell me macafee
Carlson, Eifert, Casper, Rudolph, Fasano, Brown, and company are better. That’s your opinion and that of a lot of others. I say he was underused and misused. No one blocked like him, except Leon hart when they moved him for some offense plays. TT was athletic. He could catch. He could run. I’ll take him over most ND tight ends and he left early Baby gronk might be the best Shall see.

Last edited:
Is Brock Wright coming back??
My mistake. He declared for the NFL. Plug in another experienced TE on our roster. my question was whether we have someone who will step in and play his role, more like an H back than a TE.

So you are going to tell me macafee
Carlson, Eifert, Rudolph, Fasano, and company are better. That’s your opinion and that of a lot of others. I say he was underused and misused. No one blocked like him, except Leon hart when they moved him for some offense plays. TT was athletic. He could catch. He could run. I’ll take him over most ND tight ends and he left early Baby gronk might be the best Shall see.
I would never classify TT as one of our best TE’s given our history at that position. I would classify him as one of my favorites to ever play the position. His blocking was absolutely elite, and a critical part of our running game. I thought he was terribly underused as a receiver, with his speed and athleticism, and yet he didn’t show great hands when he was thrown to. I think he’ll be a better receiving tight end in the pro game than he was in college.

Takacs or Bauman will be fine. Brock Wright was mostly a blocker. Bauman and Takacs can catch and run.

Reactions: Golson5
I would never classify TT as one of our best TE’s given our history at that position. I would classify him as one of my favorites to ever play the position. His blocking was absolutely elite, and a critical part of our running game. I thought he was terribly underused as a receiver, with his speed and athleticism, and yet he didn’t show great hands when he was thrown to. I think he’ll be a better receiving tight end in the pro game than he was in college.
I should just get a TelX translator machine to say what I really want to say. Talk into it and it makes sense out of my posts.

Basically I loved the effort from TT. And everything else TelX said

TT had too many drops earlier in career which hurt. Loved his blocking efforts.

Takacs or Bauman will be fine. Brock Wright was mostly a blocker. Bauman and Takacs can catch and run.

Right, that's exactly what I was thinking. That since TT was such a dominant blocker, that it would be pretty cool for Brock Wright, former elite recruit who is also a crushing blocker but who never really got regular playing time would finally get his chance. And we could still have the same great blocking without missing a beat. It's a win win!

But alas, he decided against it, and it's true that we'll still very likely have strong TE play.

ADVERTISEMENT