ADVERTISEMENT

Hamilton out is going to hurt.

Is anyone even concerned for Hamilton here? I'll be honest I didn't like the way he went down after the hit as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a head injury himself and evaluated this week.
He was fine. He knew he was going to be thrown out right away and was pissed about it.

The point is, Hamilton being ejected didn't hurt the team. The days of the sky is falling is over at ND. Kelly has finally lead ND out of the darkness and into the light. The fear of losing has finally been exercised from the football program. The fanbase needs to believe in their football team. WE ARE ND.

No it's not. It's a safety issue. What's so hard to understand ?
Correct, and it’s necessary. That said, I would like to see the rule tweaked a bit along the lines of the NBA flagrant 1 vs Flagrant 2 level fouls. Inadvertent where the runner lowers their head at the last second and contributes equally to the helmet to helmet collision vs. unavoidable due to the tacklers action. One gets you a fifteen yard penalty and warning, the other gets you ejected. Frankly, as much as I hated to see Hamilton ejected yesterday, I think he would still be ejected if the rule was tweaked this way. He just flat out led with his helmet at the shoulder level, and a helmet to helmet collision was unavoidable.

Reactions: Ara64
That's wrong. It's 'meant' for one reason only. To prevent brain damage. If anything i would expect further rule changes as the extent of the brain damage caused by the sport football becomes ever more intimately understood by medical science.

Hate to disappoint you.
BS. IF you were so concerned you would be screaming to end football all together.

The rule was put there due to PR purposes and not a whole lot more. There already were rules and procedures for ejecting players. Just another example of morons thinking some new law or regulation or whatever solves all problems.

BS. IF you were so concerned you would be screaming to end football all together.

The rule was put there due to PR purposes and not a whole lot more. There already were rules and procedures for ejecting players. Just another example of morons thinking some new law or regulation or whatever solves all problems.

You should feel lucky they haven't outlawed the sport altogether. Believe me, that day will come.

As far as you calling me a hypocrite who's just as bad as you are, only you're open about it while someone like me tries to hide behind a phony baloney morality just to make himself feel better.... I don't know what to say. There is such a thing as hypocrisy, but guys like you have perverted the concept so entirely that if I so much as breathe the same air as you then I'm just as guilty as you or anyone for anything evil the human race has ever done and so who am I to talk.

So forgive me for even wasting a single breath on you or your opinions. As far as I'm concerned you might as well not exist and I will treat you accordingly. My apologies for that momentary lapse.

never ceases to amaze me how people take these conversations so personally.......then lob some asinine insults at each other. Thats like playing badminton with a feather.

Play badminton with a feather? What kind of jerk are you? I bet you've never played badminton in your life.

It was a penalty. He should have better situational awareness. Just easy wrap, well short of the 1st. Unnecessary and you could see both players felt it.

I do wish the penalty was not so stiff. Maybe 15 yards, sit out next play for first offense. You should not miss the next game for XX qtrs. Silly.

Maybe a penalty box like NHL. 5 min major.

safety first, we dont want either Kid hurt.

The penalty is too stiff.

It was a penalty. He should have better situational awareness. Just easy wrap, well short of the 1st. Unnecessary and you could see both players felt it.

I do wish the penalty was not so stiff. Maybe 15 yards, sit out next play for first offense. You should not miss the next game for XX qtrs. Silly.

Maybe a penalty box like NHL. 5 min major.

safety first, we dont want either Kid hurt.

The penalty is too stiff.

The whole thing is about deterrence. They don't want players ever making those hits, for safety reasons. It has nothing do with competition or getting an unfair advantage. The argument should be that the punishment should be stiffer, like sitting out two or three games, or longer. Then you'd see head to head hits drop to virtually zero.

Sitting out a single play? That would virtually have no deterrent effect at all. Surely you understand that?

The point is, Hamilton being ejected didn't hurt the team. The days of the sky is falling is over at ND. Kelly has finally lead ND out of the darkness and into the light. The fear of losing has finally been exercised from the football program. The fanbase needs to believe in their football team. WE ARE ND.
Exactly! Honestly for the first time since the early 90’s I was never worried about ND losing this game, even when Hamilton was ejected. This team is very different than all of the other teams under the Kelly era.

Part of the problem came about because of height difference. Hamilton was several[4-6 inches] taller than W/O. WHILE he was lower,Hamilton was getting lower to tackle/strip the ball. Player lowered his helmet as Hamilton neared. Player was n't injured and it wasn't egrecious type of play. Yet they are going to stay by rules. Hamilton wasn't intentionally trying to helmet to helmet but refs do not read minds. At least he starts the next game and no harm was done because of NEXT MAN IN mentality that ND has created.

The whole thing is about deterrence. They don't want players ever making those hits, for safety reasons. It has nothing do with competition or getting an unfair advantage. The argument should be that the punishment should be stiffer, like sitting out two or three games, or longer. Then you'd see head to head hits drop to virtually zero.

Sitting out a single play? That would virtually have no deterrent effect at all. Surely you understand that?

I see way to many of these called that are receivers dipping or two players, where one changes the trajectory. Even that hit the receiver ducked. Could be a major and a minor I guess but Ref's too many times get it wrong. I'm just not a fan of the 1 half suspension. I could get my head around a time limit, a series or even the rest of that game. A penalty that spans two games seems silly.

Tell that to Daryl Stingley. Good rule. Change that part of the game and keep these 20 year old kids safe.
Using one example. Weak. If your going by its a dangerous sport. You might as well make it flag football. And cancel boxing, mma and kickboxing while we're at it. Hockey too

The rule is a joke

Reactions: citybydalake
ADVERTISEMENT