ADVERTISEMENT

Hamilton out is going to hurt.

That was an incredible defensive effort in the second half. Had that old sinking feeling when Hamilton was ejected, but those guys just overwhelmed the Carolina offensive line the entire second half.

The targeting foul in college football is total BS. It needs to be changed, been saying this since its inception. Nothing flagrant about it, a kid cant just pull off, its the heat of the moment. The rule should be penalize em 15 yards and issue the warning. If its done again throw them out of the game. The throwing them out and suspending them for a half is a fricking joke. They need to fix this, dumbest F-ing rule in college football

The targeting foul in college football is total BS. It needs to be changed, been saying this since its inception. Nothing flagrant about it, a kid cant just pull off, its the heat of the moment. The rule should be penalize em 15 yards and issue the warning. If its done again throw them out of the game. The throwing them out and suspending them for a half is a fricking joke. They need to fix this, dumbest F-ing rule in college football
100 percent agree

Reactions: NDapolisDS
Simple. Don't lead with your head. Not that hard to figure out. It's a safety issue. I'm fine with. A really good player made a dumb mistake. Simply tackle the guy who was well short of the first down. Thankfully it didn't have a huge impact.

He won't do that again. He was trying to get the ball loose (instinct) but the guy wasn't close to the first down. Proud of the way our defense stepped up without him.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
I am not sure what they expect the defensive player to do??? He did not lead with his head. The WR lowered his head. I am all for safety but come on.

Reactions: citybydalake
I am not sure what they expect the defensive player to do??? He did not lead with his head. The WR lowered his head. I am all for safety but come on.
Personal fouls need to be reviewed. and this head crap is plain dumb. The idea that you can always not do it somehow is moronic. These are NOT pros. To expect them to never do this is beyond stupid. Targeting was MEANT to be for egregious offenses. Not for crap like this.

Personal fouls need to be reviewed. and this head crap is plain dumb. The idea that you can always not do it somehow is moronic. These are NOT pros. To expect them to never do this is beyond stupid. Targeting was MEANT to be for egregious offenses. Not for crap like this.

That's wrong. It's 'meant' for one reason only. To prevent brain damage. If anything i would expect further rule changes as the extent of the brain damage caused by the sport football becomes ever more intimately understood by medical science.

Hate to disappoint you.

I hate that it has inextricably changed the game, but it is the right thing to do. Tough but correct call. Thank good they played better without him

Reactions: Quest4Twelve
I think they should be able to review it and if it’s not too egregious or appears accidental then the penalty stands but the player stays in the game. To be fair though, even in that case Kyle still might have gotten ejected. It was a stupid play, I’m sure he’d tell you the same thing. Luckily we shouldn’t really need him for Syracuse, so hopefully he learns and moves on.

Simple. Don't lead with your head. Not that hard to figure out. It's a safety issue. I'm fine with. A really good player made a dumb mistake. Simply tackle the guy who was well short of the first down. Thankfully it didn't have a huge impact.

If the receiver doesn’t lower his head at the last second it’s a legal hit.

There has to be consideration for the offensive player lowering his helmet.

Its a terrible rule. Its that simple

Hamilton knew after he tackled the NC player that he shouldn’t have led with his head. It was a weak reason for an ejection, but the refs made the correct call. Players should never tackle using their heads regardless of the body part they hit.

Hamilton knew after he tackled the NC player that he shouldn’t have led with his head. It was a weak reason for an ejection, but the refs made the correct call. Players should never tackle using their heads regardless of the body part they hit.

if you look at the replay in slow motion he angles his head and tries to hit with his shoulder, at the same time the receiver lowers his h3lmet.

There has to be balance by giving weight and consideration for the offensive player’s move

If the receiver doesn’t lower his head at the last second it’s a legal hit.

There has to be consideration for the offensive player lowering his helmet.
He still led with his head. Make a fundamental form tackle and move on.

Yeah OK, obviously you have never played defense. Not surprised coming from you

No it's not. It's a safety issue. What's so hard to understand ?
I don't think anyone is questioning the 15yd penalty. Its the throw out of the game and THEN you can't play for a half of the next game that is absolute BS. Its pretty obvious when something is done intentionally as opposed to reacting at full speed. Simply tackle the guy? Easier said than done but you are a OL so of course you have no clue. Kind of like telling a police officer to shoot a guy in the leg when the criminal has a gun in his hand. Stupid...

Reactions: Golson5
I don't think anyone is questioning the 15yd penalty. Its the throw out of the game and THEN you can't play for a half of the next game that is absolute BS. Its pretty obvious when something is done intentionally as opposed to reacting at full speed. Simply tackle the guy? Easier said than done but you are a OL so of course you have no clue. Kind of like telling a police officer to shoot a guy in the leg when the criminal has a gun in his hand. Stupid...
He's not ineligible for Syracuse.

What a dumb analogy. Yikes. The disqualification is a deterrent. That may seem harsh to some but that's what it is.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
That you are an OL who hasn't played defense but yaps their mouth like they know everything.
But I have played defense just not in college. I'm well aware of the rules and the reasoning behind them. Been in the game my entire life. I have opinions just like anyone else.

But I have played defense just not in college. I'm well aware of the rules and the reasoning behind them. Been in the game my entire life. I have opinions just like anyone else.
Its your arrogance that is so annoying. I bet you don't have many friends

Its your arrogance that is so annoying. I bet you don't have many friends
I'm sorry if my life long practical experience in football both as a player and coach gives me a concrete base for my opinions . It's what I've done my whole life.

never ceases to amaze me how people take these conversations so personally.......then lob some asinine insults at each other. Thats like playing badminton with a feather.

Reactions: Quest4Twelve
I'm sorry if my life long practical experience in football both as a player and coach gives me a concrete base for my opinions . It's what I've done my whole life.
EXACTLY you just made my point. Since you have been involved in the game that makes everything you say right and everyone must agree. So so arrogant

Reactions: spenna
Is anyone even concerned for Hamilton here? I'll be honest I didn't like the way he went down after the hit as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a head injury himself and evaluated this week.

Is anyone even concerned for Hamilton here? I'll be honest I didn't like the way he went down after the hit as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a head injury himself and evaluated this week.

He will be evaluated but he looked OK standing on the sidelines and enjoying the win. Hopefully Coach Kelly mentions it in his press conference.

No it's not. It's a safety issue. What's so hard to understand ?
Plenty of safety issues in football. This is the only one they throw you out for. And for 1 mistake. Nfl doesn't have this rule. Not sure about high school. It is a terrible rule. Worst in cfb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT