ADVERTISEMENT

Great Wimbush Article

NDAFArly

I've posted how many times?
May 25, 2016
Really good read.

Everyone agrees Wimbush needs to improve his passing perventage. But his overall yardage, TD’s, lack of turnovers is amazing seeing how he played the toughest schedule in the country last year (didn’t play against weak UNC either). Only QB to play against 6 D’s in top 30, & only QB to play against 7 ranked teams in final poll.

But QB’s with much, much, much worse resumes but ranked above him...

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/n...brandon-wimbush-getting-little-preseason-love

Reactions: Buguit
Really good read.

Everyone agrees Wimbush needs to improve his passing perventage. But his overall yardage, TD’s, lack of turnovers is amazing seeing how he played the toughest schedule in the country last year (didn’t play against weak UNC either). Only QB to play against 6 D’s in top 30, & only QB to play against 7 ranked teams in final poll.

But QB’s with much, much, much worse resumes but ranked above him...

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/n...brandon-wimbush-getting-little-preseason-love
Fact is he put up good numbers vs bad teams. When playing above average opponents he simply looked bad.

Under .500 completion % is a bad look for a starting ND QB.

Michigan will put a spy on him and force him to throw the ball. Hope you have a good RB

Fact is he put up good numbers vs bad teams. When playing above average opponents he simply looked bad.

Michigan will put a spy on him and force him to throw the ball. Hope you have a good RB

Not true.
He broke records against one of the top Defenses in the country (BC), & destroyer one that their entire front four was drafted. (NC State)
He destroyed another top ranked D on the road that shut down Michigan in the Big House. (MSU)

You didn’t even read the article (shocker) and have no clue what you speak of. It even discusses how bad Patterson was against worse competition. LOL

Even when you try to sound informed you are clueless...

If you make this evaluation about your new transfer quarterback, then we might not think you are as ignorant as you appear.

...might...

Not true.
He broke records against one of the top Defenses in the country (BC), & destroyer one that their entire front four was drafted. (NC State)
He destroyed another top ranked D on the road that shut down Michigan in the Big House. (MSU)

You didn’t even read the article (shocker) and have no clue what you speak of. It even discusses how bad Patterson was against worse competition. LOL

Even when you try to sound informed you are clueless...
Lol @ Boston College. I’m out

Shea Patterson

vs TAMU 59.5 pct, 2 td, 1 int, 42-25 W
vs Vanderbilt (yes, Vanderbilt) 47.6 pct., 2 td - 42-20 L
vs Miss St. (they sucked last year) 56.3%, 2 td, 2 int, 48-27 W
vs California (such a powerhouse) 59.1%, 2 td, 3 int, 26-44 L
vs Alabama 48.3%, 0 td, 2 int, 14-29 L
vs Auburn 66.7% (respectable but still a loss) 2 td, 0 int, 34-51 L
vs LSU 43.5%, 10-23, 0 td, 3 int, 10-23 L

Insiders and sources are telling me...
blech

Reactions: OnlyIrish
Two players on D drafted early. Top 15 Defense nationally. Beat more ranked teams than Michigan.... LOL
I wonder how BubbaJ would respond if Coney, Tillery, and Love go before there are 2 Mich defenders off the board in the NFL draft...actually, that doesn't even matter to be honest. Between the lines on a college field is all we care about and all that matters. All his "insiders" and "sources" won't be strapping on pads week 1. That's a world they've never been exposed to, unless he wants to name them...

31-0

Shea Patterson

vs TAMU 59.5 pct, 2 td, 1 int, 42-25 W
vs Vanderbilt (yes, Vanderbilt) 47.6 pct., 2 td - 42-20 L
vs Miss St. (they sucked last year) 56.3%, 2 td, 2 int, 48-27 W
vs California (such a powerhouse) 59.1%, 2 td, 3 int, 26-44 L
vs Alabama 48.3%, 0 td, 2 int, 14-29 L
vs Auburn 66.7% (respectable but still a loss) 2 td, 0 int, 34-51 L
vs LSU 43.5%, 10-23, 0 td, 3 int, 10-23 L

Insiders and sources are telling me...
blech
Cute stats. Difference being he will be playing with future pros at Michigan. Ole miss, not so much

Cute stats. Difference being he will be playing with future pros at Michigan. Ole miss, not so much

It’s funny because I already posted the National analysts review of Patterson that stated Ole Miss has much more around Patterson than Michigan will. People forget thar Ole Miss put together consecutive top 5 classes (thus the sanctions for illegal recruiting).

It’s funny because I already posted the National analysts review of Patterson that stated Ole Miss has much more around Patterson than Michigan will. People forget thar Ole Miss put together consecutive top 5 classes (thus the sanctions for illegal recruiting).
Lol @ National analysts review

Just like Vegas, right?

Just like actual facts, right?

LOL
Dude! You can't win arguing with this guy or any other trolls.... as a matter of fact you are losing by doing it as that is what they want. It doesn't matter what stats, facts, or long winded explanations anyone provides..... they will keep trolling..... there is only one way to stop it and that is to not reply or let it bother you.

Our board is getting littered with these Trolls and it is because most of ya'll are easy targets and jump at any easy bait tossed in front of you.

Dude! You can't win arguing with this guy or any other trolls.... as a matter of fact you are losing by doing it as that is what they want. It doesn't matter what stats, facts, or long winded explanations anyone provides..... they will keep trolling..... there is only one way to stop it and that is to not reply or let it bother you.

Our board is getting littered with these Trolls and it is because most of ya'll are easy targets and jump at any easy bait tossed in front of you.

I’m actually leading him to a conclusion. He has been warned about starting threads & trolling. If he keeps it up (which he is obviously doing) he will be sent packing.

He has started two dozen troll threads & ruined many others. If people talk normal to him & he trolls it makes it easy. He will be gone soon. So there is a method to my madness.

I’m actually leading him to a conclusion. He has been warned about starting threads & trolling. If he keeps it up (which he is obviously doing) he will be sent packing.

He has started two dozen troll threads & ruined many others. If people talk normal to him & he trolls it makes it easy. He will be gone soon. So there is a method to my madness.
ya, all the responses seem to be working..... it'll just be a new guy with a new name as soon as he is booted.

ya, all the responses seem to be working..... it'll just be a new guy with a new name as soon as he is booted.

That’s the point. They do an IP Address ban on people like him when they have just cause.
So he couldn’t even do that.

Just like Vegas, right?

Just like actual facts, right?

LOL

No need to be triggered my friend

Reactions: nemeth#5
Another interesting thing from ESPN.
Last year’s QBR.

QBR is interesting because it takes in account all yardage, TD’s, turnovers (not just passing stats) & when it occurred (so lower scores for garbage time stats).

Wimbush was 18th last year. (Patterson not in top 50...) Wimbush had 30 TDS & 6 Turnovers & just under 2700 yards in 12 games. That’s not bad for being the “problem” for ND.

http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr

Reactions: mirer03
Another interesting thing from ESPN.
Last year’s QBR.

QBR is interesting because it takes in account all yardage, TD’s, turnovers (not just passing stats) & when it occurred (so lower scores for garbage time stats).

Wimbush was 18th last year. (Patterson not in top 50...) Wimbush had 30 TDS & 6 Turnovers & just under 2700 yards in 12 games. That’s not bad for being the “problem” for ND.

http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr
Lol @ ESPN

sounds like your team last year.

Or you could just stop taking the bait? There is no winning lol.

I’m not taking the bait.

Let me explain it to you.

1) His fate is already sealed.

2) My posts are actually directed at the ND fans since I’m putting out actual real football facts & numbers. I know Bubba is a troll & doesn’t read them. I just use his idiocy to explain the actual situations to others

I have the pleasure to get paid to stay home with my children currently. Talking ND Football while feeding them & watching cartoons is the most relaxing thing in the world for me. Especially when Bubba is trying SO hard...LOL

I’m not taking the bait.

2) My posts are actually directed at the ND fans since I’m putting out actual real football facts & numbers. I know Bubba is a troll & doesn’t read them. I just use his idiocy to explain the actual situations to others

I have the pleasure to get paid to stay home with my children currently. Talking ND Football while feeding them & watching cartoons is the most relaxing thing in the world for me. Especially when Bubba is trying SO hard...LOL
Good for you but I wouldn't say Bubba is trying hard at all... he spews the easiest statements that he knows will get a reaction.... and the majority of our board continues to fight him.... pretty soon all the threads are either started by him or taken over by him and it has basically ruined the board.

I still maintain the only way to stop it is to ignore it. Keep beating up the keyboard soldier.

Good for you but I wouldn't say Bubba is trying hard at all... he spews the easiest statements that he knows will get a reaction.... and the majority of our board continues to fight him.... pretty soon all the threads are either started by him or taken over by him and it has basically ruined the board.

I still maintain the only way to stop it is to ignore it. Keep beating up the keyboard soldier.

False.

Him starting two dozen threads & ruining the rest is getting him sent to the cornfield.

And I haven’t been on a keyboard in years.
And wasn’t a soldier, was an airman.
So IPhone Airman would be correct.

False.

Him starting two dozen threads & ruining the rest is getting him sent to the cornfield.

And I haven’t been on a keyboard in years.
And wasn’t a soldier, was an airman.
So IPhone Airman would be correct.
I guess you are specifically talking about Bubba.... he may get booted.... and he will probably return (new IP address is very easy to get around) I am more so referencing Trolls in general... if you decide to take their bait, there will always be trolls casting it out..... Bubba may leave, but I can promise you there will be more taking advantage of the easy targets everyone is putting up.

I think it is a generation thing. I grew up basically always having internet available and have been through these trolls my whole life, heck I've done it a lot (it can be entertaining). I know for a fact if the board as a group would ignore and not debate, they would go away because they wouldn't be getting what they are after. I have noticed older generations online always get so darn fired up and get in long-drawn out debates where they are obviously correct and its apparent, but they are getting mad regardless. (I don't know your age... I am assuming based upon you not being able to let anything the current village troll says go without a reply....)

Good luck Iphone Airman...... but after you succeed in eliminating Bubba (which I don't think you personally will.... he'll probably leave on his own) just be prepared for another to fill his spot.

P.S. I do enjoy your inside information and knowledge on recruiting... not trying to get in an online debate about online debating.... I am in the minority on my thought process as basically everyone on here feels the need to respond to these tools. . . and it isn't working.

Or you could just stop taking the bait? There is no winning lol.

I’m not taking the bait.

A few things are certain if a mod unfairly censors me:

This board gets dull

Everyone will remember bubba before, during and after the beat down under the lights September 1

I may take my case to the highest court in the land. Protests will break out in the streets.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
A few things are certain if a mod unfairly censors me:

This board gets dull

Everyone will remember bubba before, during and after the beat down under the lights September 1

I may take my case to the highest court in the land. Protests will break out in the streets.

you will become an Irish fan before that happens

I am quite tired of going for my daily ND fix and seeing nothing but the residue of Bubba's trolling

Reactions: NIN Irish
I am quite tired of going for my daily ND fix and seeing nothing but the residue of Bubba's trolling
Lol @ trolling. What a lazy word to use.

I only speak in facts. Cite any comment that isn’t fact. I’ll hang up and listen.

Lol @ trolling. What a lazy word to use.

I only speak in facts. Cite any comment that isn’t fact. I’ll hang up and listen.

Ok, instead of trolling we'll try out some other words: annoying, no life having, brain dead, piece of shit that is literally killing our board. Along with our brain cells.

Tony Rice’s numbers throwing the ball in 88 was worse I believe. Stats can be decieving.

A few comments. A Harbaugh offense does not need great offensive talent. Just a bunch of blocky catchy dudes. The 2016 offense was composed of one Olineman who was drafted this year, two late round draft choices at receiver and one really good TE. If Speight could generate a 135 QB rating with that situation, I think Patterson can also. It is also not like they did not have line problems. After Newsome nearly lost his leg during the Wisc game UM was forced to play Bredeson as a natural guard at RT. I think the problem was the Greg Frey experiment just did not work out. Power guys can't zone block.

If you are interested much of the Ole Miss verses Vandy and Alabama games are up on mgoblog. After watching some of the video I can't really see where someone can claim that Ole Miss had a better line Oline. Bama just destroyed them up front. Maybe they got better. But Bama had had multiple rushers busting free right up the middle. Sort of looked like Michigan.

A few comments. A Harbaugh offense does not need great offensive talent. Just a bunch of blocky catchy dudes. The 2016 offense was composed of one Olineman who was drafted this year, two late round draft choices at receiver and one really good TE. If Speight could generate a 135 QB rating with that situation, I think Patterson can also. It is also not like they did not have line problems. After Newsome nearly lost his leg during the Wisc game UM was forced to play Bredeson as a natural guard at RT. I think the problem was the Greg Frey experiment just did not work out. Power guys can't zone block.

If you are interested much of the Ole Miss verses Vandy and Alabama games are up on mgoblog. After watching some of the video I can't really see where someone can claim that Ole Miss had a better line Oline. Bama just destroyed them up front. Maybe they got better. But Bama had had multiple rushers busting free right up the middle. Sort of looked like Michigan.

milk, appreciate your spirit. At least you are not an idiotic troll like bubba. Fall camp has not even arrived yet. So no one know for sure what the teams will be like on sept 1. That said, I think we can agree there were issues with both QB's that need upgrading., on the Michigan side lots of interceptions and the ability to win a big game. Although I think Shea could be good but is not there yet. So he has work with new players that he has not know over a period of time and then be familiar enough that the interception ratio goes down. BW had an accuracy problem and a confidence problem towards the end of the year. BW had a 49% completion ration. Apparently 2 more catches per game by BW throwing better or the WR's doing their jobs better would have put Wimbush in the 60+ %. I think that is very doable. As far a confidence It seems he has beaten that ghost. As far as over all offenses

Michigan has struggled except against teams that had good defenses and thus showed their qb problems. Also the offensive plays seemed predictable so that made it easier for all D's. This year schedule helps a little. Where most early games are against teams except 1 (Irish) are lower tier programs. That will help michigan get consistency in their offense. Notre Dame's offense was pretty good over all remember an increase in 2 pass reception per game apparently changes everything. The run game was outstanding. the questions will come in at RB this year more that what michigan fans think the QB. I think WB will be fine and passing will be better. Since a number of players at the RB position chose to be stupid they are off the team. So the Irish have to replace them. On D we all heard how great the D was from the troll Bubba. However, Michigan went 8-5 and did not beat one top team with their vaunted D. Scar, OSU, Wis, MSU, and PSU. Yes it was part the michigan offense but the D may have been overhyped and stats based on beating teams that you should may be misleading. Notre Dame D on the hand was solid not great had some weaknesses at safety that were exploited by teams whom they lost to. Overall Notre Dame's D was on the rise. This year's D should be better than Solid. Also, Notre Dame's schedule as usual was much more difficult than Michigan's so our stats overall may have been skewed also.

Reactions: Irish Duck
ADVERTISEMENT