ADVERTISEMENT

Got tickets to the Clemson game...can't wait.

TorontoHrvat

ND Expert
Feb 22, 2009
I went to the Arizona State game in 99 was it I believe..and now about 23 years later will be back...the tickets cost and arm and a leg literally but can't wait.

Is about a 7 hour drive from my house in a suburb of Toronto....me and a buddy and our sons to make the trek. Will head there the Thursday to soak it all in Friday and game day...we can't wait. Haven't told my son yet, will surprise him on his birthday with the news...hes a huge Irish fan as well.

Any recommendations on where to eat in South Bend? And am assuming they still do pep rallys on the Friday? Anyone can go?

And with our Canadian peso so worthless..(lol), I'll be taking out a loan when I hit the bookstore and buying all the Irish gear!

Cheers!

Reactions: NDinNJ
I went to the Arizona State game in 99 was it I believe..and now about 23 years later will be back...the tickets cost and arm and a leg literally but can't wait.

Is about a 7 hour drive from my house in a suburb of Toronto....me and a buddy and our sons to make the trek. Will head there the Thursday to soak it all in Friday and game day...we can't wait. Haven't told my son yet, will surprise him on his birthday with the news...hes a huge Irish fan as well.

Any recommendations on where to eat in South Bend? And am assuming they still do pep rallys on the Friday? Anyone can go?

And with our Canadian peso so worthless..(lol), I'll be taking out a loan when I hit the bookstore and buying all the Irish gear!

Cheers!

Congrats, @TorontoHrvat, hope you and your son and buddy have a great time. Will this be your son's first ND game? Clemson should be a great game. By that time of the season we should know what kind of team we have this year.

I try to get back for a game every year and my suggestion is that the most convenient thing you might do on Friday is park at the Eddy Street Commons (here is a link: https://www.eddycommons.com/directory; there is a multi-level parking garage located there) and then head over to campus to spend some time seeing the sights. The Commons is a stone's throw from ND Stadium. It wasn't there when you last attended an ND game in 1999. (In fact, you probably won't recognize a lot of the campus from your last visit.) The are multiple restaurants at the Commons, so you should be able to find something to suit your eating fancy. There is also a satellite bookstore at the Commons if you want to avoid the bigger crowds at the main bookstore. It is usually pretty well stocked with the usual ND swag. Personally, I still always make the pilgrimage to the main bookstore even with the bigger crowds.

Friday pep rallies on game weeks are still going on. The school has a website (https://gameday.nd.edu/plan-your-experience/) that will let you check on the events for game day and that weekend. You should be able to pick and choose the events you are interested in seeing.

There are a number of posters here that regularly attend home games, and they might have some good ideas about things you won't want to miss.

Enjoy the game!

Reactions: TorontoHrvat

Cheers!
Congratulations and good for you!!

Help get us a W

Reactions: TorontoHrvat
Eating joints Rocco's for pizza, and if you like Italian food Papa Vino's highly recommended by Ara who ate there weekly, and myself 100% Pizano. Go Irish!!!

Congrats, @TorontoHrvat, hope you and your son and buddy have a great time. Will this be your son's first ND game? Clemson should be a great game. By that time of the season we should know what kind of team we have this year.

I try to get back for a game every year and my suggestion is that the most convenient thing you might do on Friday is park at the Eddy Street Commons (here is a link: https://www.eddycommons.com/directory; there is a multi-level parking garage located there) and then head over to campus to spend some time seeing the sights. The Commons is a stone's throw from ND Stadium. It wasn't there when you last attended an ND game in 1999. (In fact, you probably won't recognize a lot of the campus from your last visit.) The are multiple restaurants at the Commons, so you should be able to find something to suit your eating fancy. There is also a satellite bookstore at the Commons if you want to avoid the bigger crowds at the main bookstore. It is usually pretty well stocked with the usual ND swag. Personally, I still always make the pilgrimage to the main bookstore even with the bigger crowds.

Friday pep rallies on game weeks are still going on. The school has a website (https://gameday.nd.edu/plan-your-experience/) that will let you check on the events for game day and that weekend. You should be able to pick and choose the events you are interested in seeing.

There are a number of posters here that regularly attend home games, and they might have some good ideas about things you won't want to miss.

Enjoy the game!

thanks for the tips...

Yeah, my son's first game in person. Has has seen the campus before, a few years back we were in Chicago and then made a pit stop to see the campus in the summer and then on the way back to Toronto.

I stayed in the SW Michigan area last year, in St. Joseph. There is a place called RyeBelles, where I had an excellent bone-in ribeye, and the fish looked pretty good too. Might be a bit cold on Nov. 5th, but if the roof is open, that's pretty fun.

I stayed in the SW Michigan area last year, in St. Joseph. There is a place called RyeBelles, where I had an excellent bone-in ribeye, and the fish looked pretty good too. Might be a bit cold on Nov. 5th, but if the roof is open, that's pretty fun.
That Lake Michigan fish was spawned in the Lansing waterway!

Cheers!
I have done the drive every year for more than a decade except for the last two with our draconian Covid restrictions. Going Thursday is perfect. I usually get up and leave at 6AM on Friday and enjoy the afternoon. Campus will be quiet Friday morning but the energy will build throughout the day. Hopefully the weather is decent but of course dress for anything the first week of November. I may see you there!

Pep rallies anyone can go...location usually announced closer to the date. You may want to check out if the Irish hockey team, soccer or women's volleyball are playing that weekend as well as they are good to experience as well.

Food - Eddy Street has some places, usual chains of course in the area as well and Rocco's is good for Pizza. One of my favourites though is to spend some time at Fiddlers Hearth in downtown South Bend for some good food and music.

Enjoy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT