ADVERTISEMENT

Going on record, ND beats Louisville.

Realistically, we were never in that game last year. They kicked our asses.

I think we play w a major chip on our shoulders and expect an Irish win.

This is a massive game. Win and get to the bye at 4-1. Take 2 weeks to regroup and get healthy.

Then w have 6 very winnable games.

Then we're get to Thanksgiving week at 10-1. Go out to LA w a playoff birth on the line.

Saturday couldn't be bigger for Freeman and the program.

This is a massive game. Win and get to the bye at 4-1. Take 2 weeks to regroup and get healthy.

Then we're get to Thanksgiving week at 10-1. Go out to LA w a playoff birth on the line.

I get what you’re saying. Louisville was clearly the better team but ND was leading 10-7 in the third quarter and down 17-13 in the fourth quarter. They were in that game.

Turnovers messed it up for ND in addition to some other issues.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I get what you’re saying. Louisville was clearly the better team but ND was leading 10-7 in the third quarter and down 17-13 in the fourth quarter. They were in that game.

I don't remember us being up in the 3rd. Not saying that wasn't the case.

It just never felt like we had control or any momentum. Louisville pounded us.

We didn't play well overall, but turnovers killed us in that game. We made 5 and Louisville only made one. You can't go -4 in turnovers against a quality opponent on the road and expect to win.

I don't remember us being up in the 3rd. Not saying that wasn't the case.

It just never felt like we had control or any momentum. Louisville pounded us.
Not to mention, in true ND fashion the D gets UL in 3rd and long, gets off the field only to have the drive prolonged by a Liufau 15 yd face mask penalty away from the play. I think 3 or 4 players later UL scores on a long run.

Not to mention, in true ND fashion the D gets UL in 3rd and long, gets off the field only to have the drive prolonged by a Liufau 15 yd face mask penalty away from the play. I think 3 or 4 players later UL scores on a long run.
I think I remember that sequence. They jumped on us, and the game ended quick.

Looked at the box score. It was 7-7 at half and 17-13 at the end of three.
We had 44 yards rushing, allowed five sacks, and committed four turnovers. We were lucky to be within 4 pts at the end of three qtrs. I agree with Irish, they physically kicked our collective asses, and the final score is the only one that counts.

We had 44 yards rushing, allowed five sacks, and committed four turnovers. We were lucky to be within 4 pts at the end of three qtrs. I agree with Irish, they physically kicked our collective asses, and the final score is the only one that counts.
I don’t buy the narrative that Louisville physically dominated ND. They out-executed and out-schemed ND.

It was 17-13 in the fourth. That’s not indicative of a physical dominance aside from that not being what I saw on the field.

Ummmm... was in response to another post that said they didn't remember ND being up in the 3rd. NEVER said anything about the performance. It was dubious at best and a disaster at worst.

Feels like ND is going to have to hire a splashy OC. The defense is championship-level but the offense hasn't gotten there yet. Maybe this will be the game.

ND probably wins but this has all the makings of a defensive struggle.

It's possible Lipp, the new guy for UofL, can punch a couple TDs in from the Wildcat formation and get us over the top. If not, it feels like a 17-10 kind of game.

Feels like ND is going to have to hire a splashy OC. The defense is championship-level but the offense hasn't gotten there yet. Maybe this will be the game.

It's possible Lipp, the new guy for UofL, can punch a couple TDs in from the Wildcat formation and get us over the top. If not, it feels like a 17-10 kind of game.
The splashy hire was made for this year. ND is having some struggles with the OL and QB.

I’m going to watch the Louisville/GT game tonight or tomorrow. Who is Lipp? I don’t see him on the roster.

ND will get the W but we will still come away frustrated in the play of RL. This is a game we will depend on his legs and not his arm which has become a disappointing aspect of the '24 season.
Las Vegas agrees with you. And they are correct far more than being wrong.

The splashy hire was made for this year. ND is having some struggles with the OL and QB.

I’m going to watch the Louisville/GT game tonight or tomorrow. Who is Lipp? I don’t see him on the roster.

I think the OL is what is hardest to overcome, even more than QB sometimes.

Supposedly he's some new RB/wildcat guy the staff loves, but academic issues kept him off the roster. still TBD if he plays.

I think the OL is what is hardest to overcome, even more than QB sometimes.

Supposedly he's some new RB/wildcat guy the staff loves, but academic issues kept him off the roster. still TBD if he plays.
Agree on the OL. I’ve been adamant that it’s problem number 1 for ND. ND lost two true juniors to the draft and the starting LT was lost in the preseason for the year due to injury. Now two other guys on the OL are out but at least the backups started basically the whole year last year.

Reactions: CardinalTown

I don’t really remember that. I think it was tied at half. I think ND had 5 turn overs. I think Tyree dropped a TD pass when we had some Momentum. Hard to overcome 5 TO’s.

They had 30 more total yards than us. I do think ND was a better team last year from what I have seen so far. I don’t know if Louisville is better than last year. If so, I don’t see us getting the win without a 2+ TO margin. That line just is not good right now.

Some guy nobody has heard of hiding in the weeds. A mythical hybrid unannounced by the media as of yet

I don't see why we are so afraid of Louisville. I thought people were complaining that our schedule was so soft. Our backs are to the wall and we have more to lose with a loss than Louisville. We win by two scores.
Agreed. We got the talent advantage, the coaching advantage, the production advantage (F+), and the homefield advantage. Anything other than a comfy 2+ possession kind of win would be a bit of a disappointment.

If ND goes to USC 10-1, they are probably in regardless unless USC has a total let down season, and then ND gets ran over by them.

ND is probably one of the 12 best teams in the country right now (back half), thanks to their defense, so there's probably a decent chance they will ultimately end up in the playoff (still TBD of course).

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishMike409

Dude, we just hired a new OC. Mike Denbrock! One of the hottest names in the biz, or he was as of a year when LSU had the #1 offense in the country. So maybe this will be the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT