ADVERTISEMENT

Garth Brooks @ UND Stadium

So random.... you'd think his first choice would be somewhere south in SEC country.... good publicity either way though.

Urban Meyer also said it was his dream to be at ND. Now the logistics of the event. Will they allow overnighters in the lots? Will beer be served within the stadium confines? Can they please price at least some tickets so the mechanic and waitress can afford to go? Weather? Will the older crowd be chastised for not standing during the concert? What about the doobie smokers? I heard rumblings about a possible concert as far back as last season and I always thought it might be a U2 or Taylor Swift or Jason Aldean or Kenny Chesney concert. But Garth is cool and I'm sure it will be a sell out. As an old guy who is prone to not really liking too much change (you will too someday), I really like what they are doing with the stadium. Great look. Great feel. Great exposure. NHL, big time concerts.....as White Sox TV announcer Hawk Harrelson used to say..."Don't stop now boys!".

So random.... you'd think his first choice would be somewhere south in SEC country.... good publicity either way though.
He played the first concert at the new Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta last year. He gets around.

Ticket pricing will probably be out of this world. I did hear that they would have "special" pricing for students, though. So those might be pretty affordable.

He played the first concert at the new Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta last year. He gets around.
For sure... and Atlanta makes sense.... as for a historic college football stadium, I would think there are some in the South that would be a better fit.... O'well that guy could probably sell out Yellowstone Park.

ADVERTISEMENT