ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman year 1 = FAIL

What year 1 coach did worse than the last year of the prior coach? …. freeman! 11-2 last year(would have been 12-1 if Kelly didn’t bail) and freeman hopefully goes 9-4….he took a talented healthy program and coached like crap. There is promise regarding recruiting but not much promise with coaching ability shown
With a easy schedule last year 11 and 1. Last years team played this year schedule maybe 8 or 9 wins

This years team was better than last or just as good. Only difference was qb

Reactions: NDinNJ
Kelly got a 6-6 team and first year had them 8-5…. freeman got a 11-1 team that is very experienced this year and turned it into 8-4…. One of the worst first year coaching wise for an ND team… everyone thought he would bring a bolt of energy to our team and instead they played slow and missed tons of assignments
Nonsense

Reactions: NDinNJ and Kelso86
Agreed. Jumped to conclusions after the Clemson game. ND didn’t have one quality win all year and got smoked in the two big road games.

No matter who the coach ND will never have any talent. That’s the biggest issue. Florida and California athletes aren’t coming to Indiana.
"ND didn’t have one quality win all year and got smoked in the two big road games"

I would not call the loss at OSU "getting smoked" - of course, NONE of ND's wins were quality -- ugh

Reactions: BGI User 756
actually what i stated was 100% factual on records leading in and what happened after the new coach

8-4 was a bad season, i think 99% of ND fans can admit that. Next year will answer a lot.

Next year we play OSU, Clemson, and USC. OSU will definitely have a new QB, Clemson most likely will, and it will be interesting to see if Caleb plays next year or how he plays with his stock so high after this year. My point is that ND can win every game on the schedule with good coaching and a QB.

"8-4 is freeman fired"

Again - the more and more you post something, the more you show your stupidity.
if ND goes 8-4 next year you think that's ok? Jack is an idiot so let me rephrase it, if ND goes 8-4 next year Freeman SHOULD be fired.

What has ND accomplished? Other than being humiliated in every big game.
So you are pivoting now? Figures, that is your MO.

You called Mich and USC dominant programs. Mich got smoked in playoffs just like ND, and have had multiple close games under Harbie. Actually 6 underachieving years. As for USC, ND hasn’t lost to the Trojans since 2016. And USC has been far from dominant

So how was your nap?

With a easy schedule last year 11 and 1. Last years team played this year schedule maybe 8 or 9 wins

This years team was better than last or just as good. Only difference was qb
This year’s team was not better or just as good as last year. When you lose to Marshall and Stanford at home and go 8-4, and you compare the 11-1 Brian Kelly 2021 team, you look silly saying that.

Reactions: Chitown11
This year’s team was not better or just as good as last year. When you lose to Marshall and Stanford at home and go 8-4, and you compare the 11-1 Brian Kelly 2021 team, you look silly saying that.
It was definitely as good or better

11 wins with 0 top 25 wins. The one ranked team we played we got beat by 11.

This years team played 4 ranked teams and went 2 and 2

Only reason last years team would ve considered better would be because of Jack Coan.

You saying it wasnt is like a non p5 team pounding their chest when they go 11 and 1 and beat no one. Schedule matters

You also played 3 top 10 teams, 2 away. That’s a tougher draw than we have had in years. An A would have been this year at 10-2. An A- is probably just the let down loss to Marshall.

I’d give them a B for assembling a new staff, losing QB1 and some terrific wins down 0-2.
Freeman inherited a pretty good team, and did fairly well with it, but had a few hiccups along the way. He gets a B- in my book, which is a perfectly acceptable grade for a freshman. Next year the bar is raised a bit.

You’re 100 % correct

For 2022, isn‘t the W/L record 8-5 ?

It’s very difficult for me to come to terms with the Marshall and Stanford losses, losses against two teams where we were 3 touchdown favorites.

Think about that, two huge at home upsets where the opponent was a 3 TD underdog.
Not one, but two huge losses.

How do you explain that.

How can you say that 2022 was a successful season with those blemishes on your record ?

You’re 100 % correct

For 2022, isn‘t the W/L record 8-5 ?

It’s very difficult for me to come to terms with the Marshall and Stanford losses, losses against two teams where we were 3 touchdown favorites.

Think about that, two huge at home upsets where the opponent was a 3 TD underdog.
Not one, but two huge losses.

How do you explain that.

How can you say that 2022 was a successful season with those blemishes on your record ?
On field no one can say 2022 was a success because it was a failure

Only hope is recruiting has gone slightly better than what BK was capable of, and that’s a really good thing

Freeman inherited a pretty good team, and did fairly well with it, but had a few hiccups along the way. He gets a B- in my book, which is a perfectly acceptable grade for a freshman. Next year the bar is raised a bit.
the bar this year was 9-3, next years should be 10-2. No excuse

Pre season 5, kinda easy schedule.
Solid coaching goes 10-2… we’re 8-4 due to crap coaching, next year is huge,
No excuse to be worse than 10-2… 11-1 should be bar
Kinda easy schedule? You are delusional. have you seen the schedule the previous 4 years? 2021 lost to the only ranked team on the schedule, a UC team with a roster full of 2 and 3 star recruits.
BK would have lost to OSU, Clemson, USC. That's guaranteed based on his track record in those types of games.

Jack Swarbrick needs to be fired. Michigan and USC have dominant programs and ND is pathetic and it’s under his watch.
You are an idiot. It took Harbaugh 8 years to get to this point, and USC got a very good coach and used the transfer portal to the max.

Nonsense

We're 8 and 4 because of a shit QB
I guess the head coach should have mined the portal and not allowed the OC to run the starting QB like a HB to start the season?

How long did you or any of the other "clueless keyboard warriors" think TB was going to stay healthy running like that?

When MF got the job, he looked in the QB room and saw Coan, Buchner and Pyne, and he knew Coan was leaving? He made a 2022 mistake by not finding another QB, like ND did in 2021.

Unlike the putzes on here, MF is a smart guy, I am sure he knows he made a mistake, and it will not happen again. That's why he is successful in life, he does not blame others and make excuses.

Kinda easy schedule? You are delusional. have you seen the schedule the previous 4 years? 2021 lost to the only ranked team on the schedule, a UC team with a roster full of 2 and 3 star recruits.
BK would have lost to OSU, Clemson, USC. That's guaranteed based on his track record in those types of games.
Yes,
ND lost to Clemson at home in 2020 under BK; s watch with DJ at QB?

BK was 8-3 vs USC including leaving with a winning 4 streak. That sounds like a guaranteed loss to me.

Do you have any other points I can punt out of the end zone for a touchback soy? And don't give me your Lincoln Riley BS, how many National Championships has he won? I mean that is your coaching benchmark, right?

Keep posting and I will keep embarrassing you.

We'll be underdogs in 2 games for sure, probably 3

This isn't the scheduled of the last 5 years.

We may play 3 top 10 teams again next year
Yep. With a transfer QB, anything can happen. Particularly if some of the true freshman, like P Bowen, make a major impact. EE helps. Greathouse and P. Bowen are two EE's I think could immediately make an impact. Keep an eye on Gray too.

I am not reading through all three pages of this ridiculous post. Freeman did an OK job, not great, but OK. Lets see what year two of his tenure brings. If there isn't a significant improvement in the program in year two, I'd say it may be time to start thinking about his exit. Its not like he inherited empty shelves or a poorly run program. His inexperience at times this year was his detriment. But I also saw signs of a team that is moving in the right direction under his guidance.

I'd give him a C+. I only say that because the Marshall and Stanford losses were inexcusable. I can live with the OSU and USC losses, I mean... both teams are legitimate playoff teams (even with OSU's loss, I still think they're one of the best teams in the country).

that's just stupid. A UC team with NFL players all over it that are starting as rookies in the NFL this year.

This years schedule ended up being tougher than last years but easier than expected. We played 2 really good teams this year, last year we played 1. Everything else was about equal. That's why 10-2 was very very realistic this year.

We'll be underdogs in 2 games for sure, probably 3

This isn't the scheduled of the last 5 years.

We may play 3 top 10 teams again next year
Depends who starting QB is for ND, OSU, and USC. OSU is probably Kyle McCord. He will be a first time starter, good passer but green. Really curious what Caleb Williams does next year. His stock is sky high. Clemson is probably Klubnik, talented but very green.

IF ND gets a really good grad transfer we may be even money about or better in every game (or should be).

Depends who starting QB is for ND, OSU, and USC. OSU is probably Kyle McCord. He will be a first time starter, good passer but green. Really curious what Caleb Williams does next year. His stock is sky high. Clemson is probably Klubnik, talented but very green.

IF ND gets a really good grad transfer we may be even money about or better in every game (or should be).
After the F ND he wrote on his hands, I am rooting for Caleb Williams to get punished and sent to the Lions.

Probably, but bk WOULD NOT have lost to Stanford or Marshall

Probably, but bk WOULD NOT have lost to Stanford or Marshall
Yeah I think the way BK had teams playing we go 10-2 this year. The clemson team we beat was good but not even close to as good as 2020 without lawrence. The 2020 team we beat without lawrence was significantly better than this years team.

We'll be underdogs against 2 teams for sure and probably 3

"OSU is probably Kyle McCord. He will be a first time starter, good passer but green."

Word out of Columbus is he WILL NOT be the guy for the next 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT