ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman Top 4 Hot Seat Coaches

Jimbo reinforces that it takes a total program: marketing, brand, coaching, players, sports science, facilities, an easy academic path, really a semi-pro immersion. And even then only a few schools will be elite, because all these things realistically cannot be evenly distributed among too many programs.

For me, the solution would be to hire a coach and staff that can get ND playing their A game consistently. Again, I've made peace with the fact that the ND A game might not be that of AL, OSU, and GA.

But it could be what CBK had going for the past 5 years.
Freeman just can’t beat better black coaches.

Defense is good/great... offense has talent/playmakers.... Freeman is a good head coach... will be great soon! Rees is far to conservative and on a regular basis predictable!!! if you don't agree about Rees don't bother to reply. You are wrong! If ND had an aggressive bold OC.. who isn't afraid to play The Tobias's of the team... the only loss is to Ohio State, and that is debatable! when Tommy is finally let go the point will be proven! Either that or TR decides to become aggressive/bold... which will still prove the point....

Bookings dot com is where EVERYONE goes for their college football insider scoop!

Click bait article. Freeman will get at least three years. So unless no one gets fired for the next 2.5 football seasons, this article is trash.

So being a horrible coach is not enough?
Most certainly not. Freeman will get his five years, if only because it's politically correct to give them to him. If he's a horrible coach in five years, he won't get more.

I guess all the shit talking IB has done for 10 months about BK being such a bad coach and how Freeman Factor was so much better were a bit off.

Freeman just can’t beat better black coaches.

I think such things are incidental. Freeman for that matter is not just Black, but also Asian, whatever those terms mean. See how such labels devolve into the impossible?

Society is crazy obsessing over identity.

For me, Freeman seems like a good guy and decent defensive head coach. As we've long discussed, the odds were against him being a success at ND due to a lack of head coaching experience. I would love for him to succeed...because 1st and foremost I am a ND fan. But also because it'd make a nice story, coach of some diversity doing good, adding to the lore of The Fighting Irish of Notre Dame.

Like I've been posting, I fear it doesn't look good. ND right now is a seriously troubled team. I'll keep hoping it can turn around through the rest of the season.

Saban lost to Louisiana Lafayette his first year. Dabo was 6-6
if only L. Lafayette was on the schedule, then ND could lose to them and thereby ensure the creation of a dynasty!

Freeman is not on the hot seat. However, due to his lack of head coaching experience...he has unique needs at the coordinator positions. That includes recruiting key positions. Quarterback and receiver are, and has been, the weak link. Freeman is not off to a stellar start in either. If Tommy isn't doing his job in recruiting these positions, then neither is Freeman. This area must be fixed as an essential priority...not something to "grow into". Secondly...the current recruiting class must be preserved, or the potential rebuild climb thats on the horizon gets steeper.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
Defense is good/great... offense has talent/playmakers.... Freeman is a good head coach... will be great soon! Rees is far to conservative and on a regular basis predictable!!! if you don't agree about Rees don't bother to reply. You are wrong! If ND had an aggressive bold OC.. who isn't afraid to play The Tobias's of the team... the only loss is to Ohio State, and that is debatable! when Tommy is finally let go the point will be proven! Either that or TR decides to become aggressive/bold... which will still prove the point....
Jeash, sad that I do agree about Rees but completely disagree about the D.

WE ARE NOT PLAYING GOOD/GREAT D!!! Actually our pass defense rate (not yards) but actually how often you defend and break up a pass is 130 out of 131. Our missed tackle rate is near the worst in the country. Our points given up is solid because shockingly the offense has for the most part helped out the D and our special teams continuously flips the field. Our Lbs are playing bad and our Dline is worse than last year.

Kiffen cut his teeth at USC. That was a disaster. He needed more time. A lot more time. Hiring freeman was dumb. Day, Smart, and Dabo took over programs that were not 11-1 the previous year and had been to the playoffs twice in recent history under the winningest coach in program history. Those 3 are also the exception to the rule and are in the top 1% of college coaches. Freeman is a joke and these up and down bipolar emotions that some are experiencing will evolve into pure depression as this plays out and reality sets in. Give it time. I admit it now, the Fickell train was it and we missed it.

Kiffen cut his teeth at USC. That was a disaster. He needed more time. A lot more time. Hiring freeman was dumb. Day, Smart, and Dabo took over programs that were not 11-1 the previous year and had been to the playoffs twice in recent history under the winningest coach in program history. Those 3 are also the exception to the rule and are in the top 1% of college coaches. Freeman is a joke and these up and down bipolar emotions that some are experiencing will evolve into pure depression as this plays out and reality sets in. Give it time.
Day and Smart took over more talented rosters than Freeman did.

Take a breath

Day and Smart took over more talented rosters than Freeman did.

Take a breath
Day didn’t disappoint either did he? give me an example of Days equivalent to losing to Marshall and Stanford and then you have a point.

Freeman = Lane Kiffen at USC at best. if he sticks with it for 15-20 years like Kif (A good example of sheer persistence and what it takes to be great) he might end up a good coach but he’s going to need to go learn from Saban first.

Last I checked, Riley didn’t ruin Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Day didn’t disappoint either did he? give me an example of Days equivalent to losing to Marshall and Stanford and then you have a point.

Freeman = Lane Kiffen at USC at best. if he sticks with it for 15-20 years like Kif (A good example of sheer persistence and what it takes to be great) he might end up a good coach but he’s going to need to go learn from Saban first.

Last I checked, Riley didn’t ruin Oklahoma.
Days team was stacked. We are not.

Give him Tyler Buchner and Drew Pyne with our talent who knows what he does.

Ryan Day had Justin Fields as his QB his first year. Give us Justin Fields and we are 5 and 1 at worst. Maybe 6 and 0

Oklahoma regressed under Reily though. His best team was his first. And he had
And he had an experienced veteran guy on the side of the ball he did not know. This IS the biggest mistake Freeman made.

ADVERTISEMENT