ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman postgame PC

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
Freeman said he was trying to keep the locker room upbeat but players were down

tells me all I need to know… he should have absolutely hammered the players and coaches after the game. Coaching hard after a win is the best! Yet freeman wants them to celebrate that BS performance and effort. Team needed to be absolutely blasted by him and they got coddled

tells me all I need to know… he should have absolutely hammered the players and coaches after the game. Coaching hard after a win is the best! Yet freeman wants them to celebrate that BS performance and effort. Team needed to be absolutely blasted by him and they got coddled
You dont blast them after the game

You blast them in the film room tomorrow. And im sure he will

Reactions: jerbach and NDinNJ
You dont blast them after the game

You blast them in the film room tomorrow. And im sure he will
Every great coach you can think of would have blasted them … thrown a chair, made a scene etc

being happy to hang on barely vs a bad team is how you lose to bad teams

Freeman said to team… “a good win should never be taken for granted” …. This isn’t Clemson, that wasn’t a good win … morons coaching this team

Every great coach you can think of would have blasted them … thrown a chair, made a scene etc

being happy to hang on barely vs a bad team is how you lose to bad teams
More of a high five backslapping coaching style!

Has Get Nasty ever said a positive word about Notre Dame? Serious question.

I know they didn't play well in the second half but the constant micromanagement of head coach gets old.

Reactions: graceh90 and NDinNJ
Freeman said to team… “a good win should never be taken for granted” …. This isn’t Clemson, that wasn’t a good win … morons coaching this team
Yet they beat the heck out of Clemson, what gives?

mf has some serious explaining to do with no second half answers on either side. Worst I have ever seen. He just isn’t up to par with other college coaches in any aspect

Playing to their competition
"playing to their competition" is a lame cliche that hack writers use to excuse away NDs bad days.

But ND is the team that we see out there all season holistically:

They are the team that took OSU to the 4th quarter in a tie game, the team that lost to Marshall and Stanford, the team that blew Clemson away, the team that escaped Navy today, the team that started 3-3 early in the season, and the team that has won 7 of their last 8 games. They are ALL of it.

Some people like to cherry pick data/stats/performance but ALL the performance provides us evidence with which to evaluate the team by. They are the good, the bad, and the ugly. All of it equates to an F+ ranking of somewhere around ~25th or so.

You don't play up or down to your competition, you simply perform to the best of your ability every week and the results speak for themselves.

Reactions: HRC08
Hey Patricia, Savvy, and the other atheists…

Marcus Freeman as a good Catholic man: 7-1
Marcus Freeman as an unbaptized heathen: 0-3

Reactions: NDinNJ
As Lou Holtz said, you have a different football team every week. There are going to be some ups and downs. But you CANNOT under any circumstances go a 2nd half with 0 points, 0 first downs, and 15 yards. Against a 3-7 outmannned football team, and consider yourself a Top 20 football team

As Lou Holtz said, you have a different football team every week. There are going to be some ups and downs. But you CANNOT under any circumstances go a 2nd half with 0 points, 0 first downs, and 15 yards. Against a 3-7 outmannned football team, and consider yourself a Top 20 football team
Yeah you can.

We just did that an we'll be in the top 20

We'll beat BC and setup a showdown with SC to hopefully get into a NY6

1 first down actually and 1 total yard. It’s unthinkable.

Has Get Nasty ever said a positive word about Notre Dame? Serious question.

I know they didn't play well in the second half but the constant micromanagement of head coach gets old.
It's a relentless tirade. It seems that for Nasty watching football is as fun as putting your finger in a lamp socket and turning it on. Why bother watching if it is so painful?

Freeman after game told team in the fourth quarter they found a way to win… BS…. Offense and D didn’t make a single play to win in the fourth…. Only good play we had was recovering onside kick

It's a relentless tirade. It seems that for Nasty watching football is as fun as putting your finger in a lamp socket and turning it on. Why bother watching if it is so painful?
Clemson was a blast … today was not

I see the Clown Show is out in full force. How predictable.

Weren't you talking about how Freeman should be fired after the Marshall loss? Did you say that last week when the Irish beat Clemson?

Reactions: DieHard_Irish

And if he did hammer the players and coaches on national TV you would have hammered him for doing it. You seem to find fault in most everything he does.

And if he did hammer the players and coaches on national TV you would have hammered him for doing it. You seem to find fault in most everything he does.
National tv? No he should do it in the locker room

but he shouldn’t come out to the world and say the team should be happy, he can absolutely say the team should be pissed with their performance

Amen Coach Holtz!

Reactions: Kelso86

but he shouldn’t come out to the world and say the team should be happy, he can absolutely say the team should be pissed with their performance
Maybe he did do it in the locker room, or were you there?

GN is one of those people that attempt to portray themselves as being the smartest guy in the room, but in all actuality he reveals himself to be the exact opposite.

GN is one of those people that attempt to portray themselves as being the smartest guy in the room, but in all actuality he reveals himself to be the exact opposite.
Smartest girl? Sorry I’m a guy so smartest guy works

Maybe he did do it in the locker room, or were you there?

At the risk of being called a MF fanboy, here are some of his postgame quotes. It may not be the vitriol that some of you want to hear from MF after a game like this, but I believe he takes responsibility for what happened and hopes to learn from the experience. These came from Pete Sampon's Athletic story for the sake of attribution.

“The one thing you know about Navy, they’ll never quit, never quit,” Freeman said. “And we had to match their urgency throughout the entirety of the game. We did the first half, we did not have the urgency, the execution that we needed to finish the game the way we wanted to.”

“How do we become a better football team because of what happened in the second half?” Freeman said. “If we’re not better for what happened through the entirety of this game, then we failed on an opportunity.”

“You felt good at halftime, but it was the challenge,” Freeman said. “You challenged them. What any coach is gonna say. Don’t look at the score. Have the urgency you had in the first half. And we didn’t. We didn’t. We as coaches gotta look, and me as the head coach gotta look and see why. What happened?”

How do you know he didn’t? Just because he said he was trying to be upbeat publicly doesn’t mean he didn’t hammer them

Ok so looking ahead how does ND turn this ugly pathetic win into a positive? No player or coach should be happy. Everyone involved should be laser focused and on a mission to play and coach their absolute best beginning this week at practice. I would put tye second half stats all over the locker room with words above it “ never ever again”.

Smartest girl? Sorry I’m a guy so smartest guy works
Okay, smart guy. Then please explain to us why you posted about ND's recruiting going down in epic proportions with recruits bailing left and right. You remember that one, don't you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT