ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman or Fickell OSU's Next Coach?

Why would he be calling plays as a head coach ? Because Day does ? You're another poster who doesn't understand Brian Hartlines standing at OSU. Fickell heading to Wisconsin is more proof of where Hartline stands there. Ficklell knows he's not in the future plan at OSU. Hartline is a lifer there.
Alright, dude. We got it. Brian Hartline. He's got this massive, massive standing at/with tOSU football. I'm not sure who with exactly, what actual human beings who would represent tOSU in this context, that he has this untouchable golden-child standing with. because he looks like a dopey-ass former 3-star recruit who after googling it has only been a coach in any capacity for only a few years. So not just has never been a coordinator, but hasn't really even been a coach at all for too long. Still, he's so highly-regarded, by certain flesh-and-blood individuals, presumably very influential, in the greater nexus of the tOSU football universe, that's he 100% already their coach in waiting, and the whole thing is as close to a fait accompli as you can get. And anyone sufficiently in the know such as yourself would already be aware of this. Just waiting for Ryan Day, dead man walking, to get the hell out of town.....

Fickell will probably take the Whisky job.
That's probably as good as it's going to get for Fickell. Wisky.... Because apparently one Mr. Brian Hartline, who I remember ND possibly recruiting, I think, this is like when I first joined Rivals and was totally gorging on all this cool recruiting info. Like during Weis' first season at ND. I vaguely recall the name....

And yeah, this Hartline guy is such an Asperger's syndrome level genius football savant, the road is already quietly being cleared for him to take over the program, by unnamed and all-powerful tOSU football personages, boosters, former players I suppose, some sort of very influential cabal.... and this with or without the usual bona fides being in order, like gaining sufficient experience, paying your dues, earning your stripes, becoming a coordinator, whatever, all the typical stepping stone shit that normally comes with careerist success in a ladder-climbing like American football. Presumably because he's just a superhuman genius, and these tOSU people have him properly pegged. He's the next Lincoln Riley!

So tough luck for Luke Fickell, who is also an alum, and a pretty damn proven young HC. Or at least young in the sense that he hasn't been a HC that long, and he's already quite accomplished. It's probably because when Fickell got to be the emergency caretaker coach, after Jim Tressel went down in infamy, he didn't do that good. So he's out. That would be pretty classic if tOSU thought they were being all smart, and they had their wunderkind coach all picked out and he ended up being a complete bust. Quite frankly Fickell is dodging a bullet taking the Wisky job. I bet you that's who they wanted the whole time, not Jim Leonard.....

With Fickell going to Wisconsin and Rhule to Nebraska, along with USC and UCLA joining the Big soon, things are going to get very interesting. The level of play should go up beyond just theOSU and Michigan.

Reactions: NDinNJ
With Fickell going to Wisconsin and Rhule to Nebraska, along with USC and UCLA joining the Big soon, things are going to get very interesting. The level of play should go up beyond just theOSU and Michigan.
Rhule was very good at Baylor but recruiting Nebraska isn't recruiting Texas unless he recruits alot of Texans to come to Nebraska

Wait..where are all the folks that said Fickell wouldn’t leave UC for ND. To me, this confirms ND never pursued him. I have faith in Freeman after year 1 but the fact they didn’t pursue LF last year is a head scratcher

Wait..where are all the folks that said Fickell wouldn’t leave UC for ND. To me, this confirms ND never pursued him. I have faith in Freeman after year 1 but the fact they didn’t pursue LF last year is a head scratcher
We talked to him and his team. He wanted the job. We pursued Freeman

Now we took his top OL

We talked to him and his team. He wanted the job. We pursued Freeman

Now we took his top OL
Either way, my point stands. ND never pursued him and preferred Freeman. It’s a head scratcher/gamble..I feel like ND could have had both if they played it correctly.

Whether you say agent or him, doesnt matter. He/them was talking to ND and we chose Freeman
NO, we didn’t choose Freeman over Fickell.

Fickell indicated that he wasn’t a candidate, ergo Freeman was a “default” choice, NOT a ”preferred” choice !

NO, we didn’t choose Freeman over Fickell.

Fickell indicated that he wasn’t a candidate, ergo Freeman was a “default” choice, NOT a ”preferred” choice !
We did talk to him and his team. JS chose MF over him because that is who he preferred

You dont have a clue what you are talking about

We did talk to him and his team. JS chose MF over him because that is who he preferred

You dont have a clue what you are talking about
OH, NOW THAT ECHOWAKER SCHOOLED YOU, IT’S “HIS TEAM”

YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE, YOU’RE A FRAUD !

ARE FICKELL AND ECHOWAKER LYING ?

THE SEQUENCING IS AS FOLLOWS.
FICKELL’S AGENT INFORMED ND THAT FICKELL WAS NOT A CANDIDATE.
ND SUBSEQUENTLY NAMED FREEMAN AS THE HC

THERE WAS NEVER A BINARY CHOICE !

OH, NOW THAT ECHOWAKER SCHOOLED YOU, IT’S “HIS TEAM”

YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE, YOU’RE A FRAUD !

ARE FICKELL AND ECHOWAKER LYING ?

THE SEQUENCING IS AS FOLLOWS.
FICKELL’S AGENT INFORMED ND THAT FICKELL WAS NOT A CANDIDATE.
ND SUBSEQUENTLY NAMED FREEMAN AS THE HC

THERE WAS NEVER A BINARY CHOICE !
Nonsense. Actually ND reporters reported otherwise. And I believe them who follow the team over some random message board guy.

And if you could read i said we talked to HIM AND HIS TEAM.

I know it's hard for you to read of it's not in bold and all caps but don't try to act like you got me or know something when you can't READ!

Nonsense. Actually ND reporters reported otherwise. And I believe them who follow the team over some random message board guy.

And if you could read i said we talked to HIM AND HIS TEAM.

I know it's hard for you to read of it's not in bold and all caps but don't try to act like you got me or know something when you can't READ!
ND NEVER talked to Fickell, you’re making that up !

First you said ND talked to hm and after Echowaker schooled you, you added, “his team”

Echowaker confirmed that ND NEVER talked DIRECTLY with Fickell, DIRECTLY from Fickell himself.

So, who’s telling the truth, Fickell and Echowaker or you ?

Cite the reporters and the dates that they claimed that ND had direct contact with Fickell.

Thanks

ND NEVER talked to Fickell, you’re making that up !

First you said ND talked to hm and after Echowaker schooled you, you added, “his team”

Echowaker confirmed that ND NEVER talked DIRECTLY with Fickell, DIRECTLY from Fickell himself.

So, who’s telling the truth, Fickell and Echowaker or you ?

Cite the reporters and the dates that they claimed that ND had direct contact with Fickell.

Thanks
Already did

Him or his team trying to talk to ND is semantics.

He wanted the job last year. Of course he did. Better job. More money

ND or Cincinnati. Tough call lol

ND or Wisconsin. Tough call lol

He lost out on the job.

who cares? Happy to have Freeman and my guess is we’ll be singing his praises here in season three. Hope I’m right.

Reactions: NDinNJ and Golson5
LMAO. Bryan Driskell??? Simply click bait.

You have zero way of definitively knowing what Luke Fickell wanted. None.
Well it wasnt click bait because it wasnt a story to click on. It was just a tweet so no click bait to make money or get views for his site. So wrong there

And Driskell, like him or hate him, I dont care. But he breaks a lot of team news, coaching, injuries, transfers etc. And he breaks a lot of recruiting news, commits and decommits, who we are going after etc.

I dont care if people like the guy or hate the guy, that is irrelevant, he obviously has some connections to people inside Notre Dame because he gets a lot of info before everyone else. There's no question about that

Well it wasnt click bait because it wasnt a story to click on. It was just a tweet so no click bait to make money or get views for his site. So wrong there

And Driskell, like him or hate him, I dont care. But he breaks a lot of team news, coaching, injuries, transfers etc. And he breaks a lot of recruiting news, commits and decommits, who we are going after etc.

I dont care if people like the guy or hate the guy, that is irrelevant, he obviously has some connections to people inside Notre Dame because he gets a lot of info before everyone else. There's no question about that
I have to agree, Driskell has been very accurate with his information.

Reactions: Golson5
What the F does it matter if ND 'pursued' Fickell or not? He was coaching a team that was in the playoff, he wasn't leaving. Somehow any obsessing over something like that, whether or not ND turned down Fickell or Fickell turned down ND, must be because it's considered by BK haters to be some oblique reflection on MF. And if ND had any interest in Luke Fickell, even if it was never going to work because he wasn't going to leave Cincy, until like, at the earliest January, that it somehow makes MF look like he's second best or something, to Luke Fickell, and they can't have that. But which could easily be true, that ND, had Fickell been available, might have taken occasion to seriously consider him and ultimately hire him over MF. It's all academic as there was no practical way for him to take the job, other than to wait 6 weeks, which I don't think ND would have any interest in doing with or without MF. So Fickell was not.a realistic possibility in any case....

But IMO, if I had to guess, ND only had eyes for one guy the whole time, that being the dreamboat, dashing young DC Marcus Freeman. So much so that they probably went out of their way not to interview or pursue anyone else just so's there could be no chance they might talk themselves out of it or reconsider. Which is why the hire was completed so quickly. It was all MF all day, as far as ND was concerned. After they prayed on it.....

The early signing period puts schools in a tough spot. They have to hire quickly or risk losing a recruiting class.

What the F does it matter if ND 'pursued' Fickell or not? He was coaching a team that was in the playoff, he wasn't leaving. Somehow any obsessing over something like that, whether or not ND turned down Fickell or Fickell turned down ND, must be because it's considered by BK haters to be some oblique reflection on MF. And if ND had any interest in Luke Fickell, even if it was never going to work because he wasn't going to leave Cincy, until like, at the earliest January, that it somehow makes MF look like he's second best or something, to Luke Fickell, and they can't have that. But which could easily be true, that ND, had Fickell been available, might have taken occasion to seriously consider him and ultimately hire him over MF. It's all academic as there was no practical way for him to take the job, other than to wait 6 weeks, which I don't think ND would have any interest in doing with or without MF. So Fickell was not.a realistic possibility in any case....

But IMO, if I had to guess, ND only had eyes for one guy the whole time, that being the dreamboat, dashing young DC Marcus Freeman. So much so that they probably went out of their way not to interview or pursue anyone else just so's there could be no chance they might talk themselves out of it or reconsider. Which is why the hire was completed so quickly. It was all MF all day, as far as ND was concerned. After they prayed on it.....
This would have been a very good post, but you bring up BK and you lose complete credibility.

Let me make this clear.
NO ONE ON THIS FORUM GIVES A SH*T ABOUT BK, EXCEPT FOR A FEW FREAKS LIKE YOU WHO HAVE SOME WEIRD INFATUATION WITH HIM.

This would have been a very good post, but you bring up BK and you lose complete credibility.

Let me make this clear.
NO ONE ON THIS FORUM GIVES A SH*T ABOUT BK, EXCEPT FOR A FEW FREAKS LIKE YOU WHO HAVE SOME WEIRD INFATUATION WITH HIM.
Ouch!

If Hartline has success at Cincy, I think they’d take him. But if Freeman wins 10 games next year and Day keeps losing to SCUM, there could be a bidding war for Freeman. At the end of the day, he’s an Ohio State Alum and fmr player. Deep down, it’s his dream job I bet.

If Hartline has success at Cincy, I think they’d take him. But if Freeman wins 10 games next year and Day keeps losing to SCUM, there could be a bidding war for Freeman. At the end of the day, he’s an Ohio State Alum and fmr player. Deep down, it’s his dream job I bet.
All speculation. None of us know if Freeman would take the OSU job if offered.

It’ll always be something uneasy sitting in the back of ND fans minds if freeman has a lot of success. However, if freeman wins a title at ND, no reason to leave for a lesser program.

Where I could see him getting irritated and burned out is dealing with the P Bowen’s and ND’s portal stance. Particularly if a kid like Bowen decommits. Not that Ohio State doesn’t have decommits, but Freeman would have #1 classes yearly with his efforts if he was at Ohio State. They have 0 academics, 0 portal rules, and will likely have far more liberal policies on NIL sooner than later.

ADVERTISEMENT