ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman or Fickell OSU's Next Coach?

Notre Dame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 9, 2021
If Day goes to the NFL in the next few years, who will Ohio State target? Have to think Freeman would have the #1 recruiting class every year if he was HC at Ohio State.

Wisconsin is the better job over Stanford. If he goes to Wisconsin, look out for Nebraska and Wisconsin.

Would be a big mistake by them. Never has called a play in his life
Why would he be calling plays as a head coach ? Because Day does ? You're another poster who doesn't understand Brian Hartlines standing at OSU. Fickell heading to Wisconsin is more proof of where Hartline stands there. Ficklell knows he's not in the future plan at OSU. Hartline is a lifer there.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
Why would he be calling plays as a head coach ? Because Day does ? You're another poster who doesn't understand Brian Hartlines standing at OSU. Fickell heading to Wisconsin is more proof of where Hartline stands there. Ficklell knows he's not in the future plan at OSU. Hartline is a lifer there.
Yet last year you said Fickell wasnt interested in leaving Ohio and wouldnt come to ND. Was waiting on osu and didnt want to move his family.

That was wrong. He did talk to ND and we chose Freeman.

For who ?
Ohio State. When you are an OC or DC you manage an entire side of the ball. It's a good precursor to bring a head coach. Thats why coordinators or ST coaches get head jobs. They've already been the leader on one side of the ball

He has never done that. It's a big gamble by OSU.

Esp when you have 2 successful alumni as head guys in Freeman and Fickell. Although I dont think Freeman would leave.

Yet last year you said Fickell wasnt interested in leaving Ohio and wouldnt come to ND. Was waiting on osu and didnt want to move his family.

First off thing change over time. Luke knows what's going on at OSU currently. Now you're calling Luke Fickell a liar for telling me personally he never talked to ND. He didn't. His agent certainly did and explained to ND that Luke was not interested at that particular time. What's so hard to understand ?

Ohio State. When you are an OC or DC you manage an entire side of the ball. It's a good precursor to bring a head coach. Thats why coordinators or ST coaches get head jobs. They've already been the leader on one side of the ball

He has never done that. It's a big gamble by OSU.

Esp when you have 2 successful alumni as head guys in Freeman and Fickell. Although I dont think Freeman would leave.
Hartline is the passing game coordinator. He's being groomed for the future. Maybe he ends up being a play caller before that happens. Last time I checked Ryan Day is still the head coach. No one suggested Hartline is getting the job tomorrow. I'm just telling you what's going on there.

Hartline is the passing game coordinator. He's being groomed for the future. Maybe he ends up being a play caller before that happens. Last time I checked Ryan Day is still the head coach. No one suggested Hartline is getting the job tomorrow. I'm just telling you what's going on there.
Thats fine. If Day left tomorrow and Hartline was never an OC, that would be a problem and thats what I was addressing. Not years down the road after he is a play caller

First off thing change over time. Luke knows what's going on at OSU currently. Now you're calling Luke Fickell a liar for telling me personally he never talked to ND. He didn't. His agent certainly did and explained to ND that Luke was not interested at that particular time. What's so hard to understand ?
Whether you say agent or him, doesnt matter. He/them was talking to ND and we chose Freeman

Reactions: NDinNJ
To all the fools that were saying Fickell would only move for the tOSU job, come eat your crow. How would you like it, roasted or fried?

I don’t understand what it is you don’t understand. Last year on 700 WLW he said he was not leaving for any other job. He in the past has expressed his true love was with OSU. That came straight from Luke Fickell’s mouth. Does he have the option of changing his mine? Sure he does. My god shut up and stay in you lane.

I don’t understand what it is you don’t understand. Last year on 700 WLW he said he was not leaving for any other job. He in the past has expressed his true love was with OSU. That came straight from Luke Fickell’s mouth. Does he have the option of changing his mine? Sure he does. My god shut up and stay in you lane.
His team talked to ND. We didnt offer him the job.

Did you think he was going to tell the world I wanted another job but hey they didnt choose me. Then come back to his old job.

Use your noggin

Reactions: NDinNJ
Fickell is likely going to Wisconsin. The timing might not ever be right for him to go back to Ohio state.

If ND gets hot in the next 2-3 years on the field then Ohio State will come calling for CMF but 8-4 isn’t going to draw the eye of the buckeye.

ADVERTISEMENT