ADVERTISEMENT

Finally a QB in Spring

If we had a Gunner level commit today everyone on this site would be on the floor passed out from the celebrating and labeling Coach Freeman as Knute reincarnate. Will he get one? I think so.
Not true. I was here when Gunner Kiel committed, and there wasn’t any overwhelming celebration as you are describing. Jimmy Clausen? Absolutely. Gunner Kiel? No.

I was here for Jimmy and Gunner. Most here were turned off because Jimmy pulled his limo stunt. Gunner was expected to be a starter after EG, but he was only on the team for a year. A lot of us were shocked he left. Especially for a guy that was cheating and would end up benched for a year. After sitting a year in Cincy, Gunner lit it up for a year then was injured. #1 overall out of HS. And a legacy.

No not disappointed in Quinn or Kiser. I never said that. I said I was not excited about them. I am excited about Minchey n Carr. Was excited about Golson n Wimbush. They disappointed. Was excited about Clausen and he was solid. But my point is we have not had many top quality QBs. And not that many over the years to get excited about before they enrolled
Unfortunately, we can’t predict how any untested QB will pan out.

We can only hope for the best !

Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry, - what once was the hardest course at ND under Hoffman and still applies to many things. There may be real implications on next season if the coaching staff throws DP under the bus as fast as many of those on this board are calling for. Bringing in a TP quarterback simply to cover one year may cause unforeseen problems that we are not now considering. In addition, for example, Texas is not doing all that great with the first millionaire recruit either. The football team is a "brotherhood" that can be more complex than the advice from us arm chair posters.

Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry, - what once was the hardest course at ND under Hoffman and still applies to many things. There may be real implications on next season if the coaching staff throws DP under the bus as fast as many of those on this board are calling for. Bringing in a TP quarterback simply to cover one year may cause unforeseen problems that we are not now considering. In addition, for example, Texas is not doing all that great with the first millionaire recruit either. The football team is a "brotherhood" that can be more complex than the advice from us arm chair posters.
Hey, Emil was pretty tough, I remember my first day of class my freshman year, when he said, look to your left, now look to your right, now look behind you …… they won’t be here next semester !
That was an abrupt wake up call signaling that we weren’t in Kansas any more.

Thanks for the reminder 👍

Good post. Not only Drew Pyne, Tyler Buchner as well. In 2024, Tyler Buchner will be a senior, Steve Angeli a junior, Kenny Minchey a sophomore, and CJ Carr will be on campus. That's a healthy competition. Will Marcus Freeman bring in a one season grad transfer QB in 2023, who will very likely be a starter over Buchner/Pyne, who have each spent 2.5-3.5 years in the program, including the EE semester? We will see.

Reactions: Kelso86
Good post. Not only Drew Pyne, Tyler Buchner as well. In 2024, Tyler Buchner will be a senior, Steve Angeli a junior, Kenny Minchey a sophomore, and CJ Carr will be on campus. That's a healthy competition. Will Marcus Freeman bring in a one season grad transfer QB in 2023, who will very likely be a starter over Buchner/Pyne, who have each spent 2.5-3.5 years in the program, including the EE semester? We will see.
Id be stunned if he didn't

Id be stunned if he didn't
ISD and their weekly intel had a big portion about how Hudson Card would be a perfect fit for ND. Read into that what you will. My guess is if the staff did that it would mean they are happy to let Buchner (and/or Pyne) walk.

Card, Pyne, Buchner, Angeli, Minchey, Carr is a crowded room in 2024. I personally would rather see a 1 year rental and a more proven dude, but what do I know.

Last edited:
ISD and their weekly intel had a big portion about how Hudson Card would be a perfect fit for ND. Read into that what you will. My guess is if the staff did that it would mean they are happy to let Buchner (and/or Pyne) walk.

Card, Pyne, Buchner, Angeli, Minchey, Carr is a crowded room in 2024. I personally would rather see a 1 year rental and a more proven dude, but what do I know.
There would definitely be a transfer or two. If Card won the starting job in 23 you'd most likely see 2 of buchner angeli pyne transfer so the numbers would work out fine

Leary is still what I'm leaning towards

There would definitely be a transfer or two. If Card won the starting job in 23 you'd most likely see 2 of buchner angeli pyne transfer so the numbers would work out fine

Leary is still what I'm leaning towards
If Leary is as good as everyone says and at age 24 next season, I would not be surprised to see him declare NFL.

If Leary is as good as everyone says and at age 24 next season, I would not be surprised to see him declare NFL.
It's possible. But he got hurt. He didnt play much this year.

If he comes back, he should be the guy they go all in for

But we can't say ND didn't bring in big time QB recruits. Whether the staff developed them correctly or not is the question. And Kiel was as big time as they get. For some reason, the previous coach wouldn't play him. He had an outstanding first year at Cinci after sitting a year under the previous rules.
Kiel ended up 3 Rd string.

Yeah... those records were so great he ended up 3rd string. He was a peach.

Yeah... those records were so great he ended up 3rd string. He was a peach.
He won more games than Golson that year.

But I'm not sure what you're arguing. You and others are slobbering over each other because ND flipped a top 200 4* QB this year. Yet you don't think you'd be glad to have the #1 overall player out of HS. Makes total sense.

I notice most of your posts are you just coming here insulting other posters. That's fine and all, for a f**king weirdo.

He won more games than Golson that year.

But I'm not sure what you're arguing. You and others are slobbering over each other because ND flipped a top 200 4* QB this year. Yet you don't think you'd be glad to have the #1 overall player out of HS. Makes total sense.

I notice most of your posts are you just coming here insulting other posters. That's fine and all, for a f**king weirdo.
He stunk.

ADVERTISEMENT