ADVERTISEMENT

Fighting Father Time !

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
I always try to stay in shape but their are some things I can't do anymore because I would probably get injured doing it.
Like I don't do one armed pushups anymore and I don't do all out wind sprints anymore. The last time I did those things I suffered painful injuries.

** But one thing I do to prove I am still young is, on or around New Years day, I stand on my head and chug a bottle of beer.
I didn't do it his year because I was working too much and forgot about it.
I am going to make up for it by doing it pregame on Clemson day in November.
My older brother was a beer drinking champion who could stand on his head and chug a whole pitcher of beer. I have given up on that dream and have to give kudos to my brother. He is my inspiration as he has taught me alot of things about life.

*** Anyway is their any milestone that you father time fighters do to prove you still got it? Or have you just given up? Either is OK.

Had a PE teacher in high school who was 70+ years old. He could still do pushups from a headstand with his feet straight up. Great strength and great balance. He could also do the iron cross on the rings.

He coached football when he was younger, not when I was there. But anytime our coach felt our fundamentals were slipping, he'd bring in that old guy to get us back in shape. He could block and tackle with the best of them even at 70+ and without pads!

I always try to stay in shape but their are some things I can't do anymore because I would probably get injured doing it.
Like I don't do one armed pushups anymore and I don't do all out wind sprints anymore. The last time I did those things I suffered painful injuries.

** But one thing I do to prove I am still young is, on or around New Years day, I stand on my head and chug a bottle of beer.
My older brother was a beer drinking champion who could stand on his head and chug a whole pitcher of beer. I have given up on that dream and have to give kudos to my brother. He is my inspiration as he has taught me alot of things about life.

*** Anyway is their any milestone that you father time fighters do to prove you still got it? Or have you just given up? Either is OK.

yep! takes all night to do what you used to do all night!

Never Give Up ! Not in our vocabulary ! Semipe Fi , Btother !

used to do curls with six packs...still do, but just use empties now!

Father Time is not only unbeaten and untied, it has a victory streak that is pretty long as well.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No." 😅
Gotta keep fighting.

Knees shot, weak bladder, assortment of pains, and memory not so good, but I could be a lot worse! Still alive and kicking. Go Irish!

they say if you lose your keys it is one thing
but if you find them and don’t know what they are it is an other thing all together

Reactions: rgc7
Used to jog 7 miles daily ...now I push to walk this. Used to do 100 push ups three times a day, now I do 100 push ups with knees on the ground once every three days. Used to hang off street sign poles with body horizontal to the ground, now I lean on them for support standing. I’m basically fighting tactical retreats against Father Time. The key is to find the right balance As a yonger man or woman between pushing your physical limits without doing damage that will have long term implications. I wasn’t very good about this and now constantly struggle with joint problems as a result.

Chug a beer while doing a head stand! Thats impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT