ADVERTISEMENT

Few plays and players

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
A few plays stood out we need to address next year.

We need a return man. If Joseph takes off on that short punt and has any speed that’s a too the house and momentum. Puts you down 3 with 4 left.

That Pyne fumble. DP was 1 yard away and the USC guys 5. How he doesn’t get that, it’s like it was destined to be. That puts us in a 17-14 game. Badly needed. That same play is an easy TD. Jaden could have scored on that and MM was wide open. Right call to pull it, hit JT. Just didn’t execute.

The pic was really his only bad pass decision. Across his body. Locked on Mayer. Toss it out of bounds and get the next play.

That game if we don’t have two TO’s comes down to the last drive. ND would be up 42-38 and USC has the ball. Based on what we saw, USC probably scores but a great finish was stolen by poor execution in the end and some horrific ref calls.

SC fans are saying ND defense was best they faced all year; better version of Utah! See some fans can give credit when due!

We just didn’t get a break and they got several.

Look, they won. No sour grapes but we didn’t catch any breaks. You don’t get a good spot on 4th and 1. The close ref spotted it as a 1st, far side short. Review it! Nope.

We have a pick in the end zone we miss. A pick with two players colliding.

A quick whistle on their FG drive that was ripped out and not called.

Get that 4th and 1. Don’t fumble at the 22. Thats 14 points. It’s a 10 pt game.

The diff in this game was 2-3 plays. MF is gonna be just fine.

We just didn’t get a break and they got several.

Look, they won. No sour grapes but we didn’t catch any breaks. You don’t get a good spot on 4th and 1. The close ref spotted it as a 1st, far side short. Review it! Nope.

We have a pick in the end zone we miss. A pick with two players colliding.

A quick whistle on their FG drive that was ripped out and not called.

Get that 4th and 1. Don’t fumble at the 22. Thats 14 points. It’s a 10 pt game.

The diff in this game was 2-3 plays. MF is gonna be just fine.
Holtz used to say that every big game came down to about a half dozen plays. I'd say this was fairly true of this game as well.

It would have been nice for our linemen to stamp Williams a couple of times on his scrambles -- I had nothing against him until I saw the Heisman pose, taunting slow trot into the end zone and the F--- ND painted on his finger nails. But after that, I got my righteous indignation on big time!

But generally, the game was decided because USC could run and we could not.

ADVERTISEMENT