ADVERTISEMENT

Family values The Bowens have none

Nice job by the family securing the bag…first playing ND then Oregon for a big deal. Calling him a ”kid” is laughable. ND just avoided a big problem and we’ll see how good he is when playing SEC receivers. Just another year of recruiting fun!

Nice job by the family securing the bag…first playing ND then Oregon for a big deal. Calling him a ”kid” is laughable. ND just avoided a big problem and we’ll see how good he is when playing SEC receivers. Just another year of disappointment
fixed that for you

As usual TelX, great thoughts. And I agree with most of your points

The over the top response from SOME of the people on this board claiming my post was over the top is telling of our societal failures

Let’s be clear. His parents have failed badly. Here is why.
This is not an isolated instance of a youth getting into trouble on his own. So that alone refuted Golson saying kids from good parents still screw up. Yes that is true but what Bowen did was with n in front of his parents. They knew or should have known and advised their son on proper behavior during his announcement. They did not do that

If they had n bowen still did his shameful act, they should have embarrassed him publically and corrected him the hat thing. The lying. Lying to coaches. His fellow commits on the zoom call the evening before and continued lying about no NIL

Every media pundit and recruiting analyst has said the same thing as I did. At least 3 referred to poor parenting. Only difference is most of them put the blame on the kid. I call it straight

No excuse for bad behavior in this case. Parents were there. Parents were aware their son was on zoom call and told ND he was committed. Parents failed and continue to fail.

You can all excuse this bs. I never will

Parenting is a tough job. Many grade out as fail. That’s the case here and in much of our society.
Perhaps, but it’s really easy to sit here and say that the parents failed when you have a willful kid who’s been getting adored and feted over for at least a few years doing childish things. I’m sure that if others were to look at us and “grade” are parenting based on a single observation, well, we wouldn’t like it, nor would we think it was fair.

Let’s see how the class turns out on the field before calling it disappointing.
We've been seeing how these 10-15th ranked classes have been playing out on the field for the last ~13 years.

ND is going to beat the mediocrity in the ACC and the cupcakes on the schedule but be woefully average vs better competition and be woefully behind teams competing for national titles and in the end finish somewhere ranked in the teens, maybe in the back half of the top 10 in years where it all comes together. Its not good enough.

We've been seeing how these 10-15th ranked classes have been playing out on the field for the last ~13 years.

ND is going to beat the mediocrity in the ACC and the cupcakes on the schedule but be woefully average vs better competition and be woefully behind teams competing for national titles and in the end finish somewhere ranked in the teens, maybe in the back half of the top 10 in years where it all comes together. Its not good enough.
A clown.

Reactions: NDinNJ and Pennick4
As usual TelX, great thoughts. And I agree with most of your points

The over the top response from SOME of the people on this board claiming my post was over the top is telling of our societal failures

Let’s be clear. His parents have failed badly. Here is why.
This is not an isolated instance of a youth getting into trouble on his own. So that alone refuted Golson saying kids from good parents still screw up. Yes that is true but what Bowen did was with n in front of his parents. They knew or should have known and advised their son on proper behavior during his announcement. They did not do that

If they had n bowen still did his shameful act, they should have embarrassed him publically and corrected him the hat thing. The lying. Lying to coaches. His fellow commits on the zoom call the evening before and continued lying about no NIL

Every media pundit and recruiting analyst has said the same thing as I did. At least 3 referred to poor parenting. Only difference is most of them put the blame on the kid. I call it straight

No excuse for bad behavior in this case. Parents were there. Parents were aware their son was on zoom call and told ND he was committed. Parents failed and continue to fail.

You can all excuse this bs. I never will

Parenting is a tough job. Many grade out as fail. That’s the case here and in much of our society.
Unbunch your panties and grow up. I root for the kids who choose to attend the University of Notre Dame.

Reactions: NDinNJ

Crashing.

Need the right QB.

Unbunch your panties and grow up. I root for the kids who choose to attend the University of Notre Dame.
Well if you root for the kids who play for ND why are you not bothered by a kid that lied to his fellow commits and their coaches? Do you not care that ND kids who committed had their important day blemished by a constant news cycle featuring their one time brother who turned out to be Judas?

I am grown up. I root for my ND kids. In every way. You criticize me and assume our commits were not affected by Bowens bs. Get real and get your head out of your butt

You aren't very bright.This is about millions of dollars being thrown at kids at the last minute who may very well are coming from financially unstable situations.
Put yourself in this kids shoes, 2 million dollars upfront to help himself and family have a better life or go to ND where there is no upfront money, but the potential for it.

Don't blame the kids for making these decisions, blame the NCAA for not putting a stop to it.
Amen

Exactly what I would expect from someone without a soul
Your soul is what you are, not something that you have. There is no such thing as "someone without a soul." Reversing the have/are of body and soul (believing that you are a body and have a soul rather than believing that you have a body and are a soul) is a device of the false personality and the judgment that is its foundation.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Well if you root for the kids who play for ND why are you not bothered by a kid that lied to his fellow commits and their coaches? Do you not care that ND kids who committed had their important day blemished by a constant news cycle featuring their one time brother who turned out to be Judas?

I am grown up. I root for my ND kids. In every way. You criticize me and assume our commits were not affected by Bowens bs. Get real and get your head out of your butt
You are a child. Judas...are you kidding me. You are looney tunes.

While some here are all over the parents, one should remember that the prisons are full of garbage that had very good parents.

Sometimes there is nothing a parent can do about a BAD SEED.

Now Bowen might not end up in prison; but lying every chance he got and conning everyone he could is not a trend to avoid it.

Your soul is what you are, not something that you have. There is no such thing as "someone without a soul." Reversing the have/are of body and soul (believing that you are a body and have a soul rather than believing that you have a body and are a soul) is a device of the false personality and the judgment that is its foundation.
Yep, the body is but the tabernacle of the soul.

you have a scriptural reference for that?

I highly, highly doubt that our recruits were “affected” by Bowen in any real way. These guys have been around the block and know what goes on. At this level, each and every one of them is highly confident in his ability and feels that he is going to be on a successful team with or without someone like Bowen.

While some here are all over the parents, one should remember that the prisons are full of garbage that had very good parents.

Sometimes there is nothing a parent can do about a BAD SEED.

Now Bowen might not end up in prison; but lying every chance he got and conning everyone he could is not a trend to avoid it.
“Might not end up in prison…”

Brother, are you reading what you are posting? How can you possibly be this worked up over some kid?

You are a child. Judas...are you kidding me. You are looney tunes.
Clearly you act like the all mighty ND fan on this board but you fool no one. You are a joke. A soul lost with no values dismissing lying as an acceptable part of recruiting. It’s not. Not in recruiting. Not in life. The kids we signed are quality individuals from solid families. Not like the Bowens and by your admission, not like you

Reactions: Chitown11 and d1042
Clearly you act like the all mighty ND fan on this board but you fool no one. You are a joke. A soul lost with no values dismissing lying as an acceptable part of recruiting. It’s not. Not in recruiting. Not in life. The kids we signed are quality individuals from solid families. Not like the Bowens and by your admission, not like you
ski
let it go, get yourself some peace; universal agreement is not attainable, and in any argument, those that can’t be convinced, won’t be convinced. Our only assurance is Jesus loves us.

Reactions: theskibro
Once a child turns 18 the parents lose all legal control over the child.

In theory, the transition to adulthood should be relatively seemless and smooth, but when you inject hundreds of thousands @nd possibly millions of dollars into the situation, the dynamic changes significantly, especially if the family isn’t one of means.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Clearly you act like the all mighty ND fan on this board but you fool no one. You are a joke. A soul lost with no values dismissing lying as an acceptable part of recruiting. It’s not. Not in recruiting. Not in life. The kids we signed are quality individuals from solid families. Not like the Bowens and by your ad
Unbunch your panties and chill out. You have never written a single positive post. You are a miserable old putz. Go root for Ole Miss...that is a school perfect for you.

Unbunch your panties and chill out. You have never written a single positive post. You are a miserable old putz. Go root for Ole Miss...that is a school perfect for you.
“You have never written a single positive post. …” A Kinda irony in that statement; pot calling the kettle…! The difference is P4 always is attacking other forum members.

Now this is flat out nonsense…Ski has written numerous positive posts. Mostly very positive and optimistic at season’s start and/or before pivotal games; and he doesn’t sugar coat his disappointment when we fall short.

Reactions: theskibro and d1042
Once a child turns 18 the parents lose all legal control over the child.

In theory, the transition to adulthood should be relatively seemless and smooth, but when you inject hundreds of thousands @nd possibly millions of dollars into the situation, the dynamic changes significantly, especially if the family isn’t one of means.
Pat

Everything you say is true. No question

It is also true that the adage “parenting is a life sentence”. Is true. You may not have legal grounds to counsel your children past 18 years but that should never stop you from trying

Pat

It is also true that the adage “parenting is a life sentence”. Is true. You may not have legal grounds to counsel your children past 18 years but that should never stop you from trying
well, what we have now is a generation of selfish parents raising an even more selfish generation! The compounding of the ‘me’ generation! If things continued in this manner, things might get ‘ugly’ and then ‘uglier’. Since most Christians recognizing the current events in light of scripture consider this is the last generation leading to the return of Jesus, the solution to the compounding of the ‘me me me’ problem will be emphatically solved.

well, what we have now is a generation of selfish parents raising an even more selfish generation! The compounding of the ‘me’ generation! If things continued in this manner, things might get ‘ugly’ and then ‘uglier’. Since most Christians recognizing the current events in light of scripture consider this is the last generation leading to the return of Jesus, the solution to the compounding of the ‘me me me’ problem will be emphatically solved.
When you have primarily every day normal families or families struggling being offered 1 million, 1.5 million, 2 million, $2.5 million dollars, of course it changes things. How are these families being “selfish“ or these kids being “selfish“ when everybody else would do exactly the same thing in their situation as far as getting the money is concerned? Yes, they may act differently, but that’s another story. Wanting to get the most money from fleeting opportunities they could all be gone in a second doesn’t seem like being selfish to me.

When you have primarily every day normal families or families struggling being offered 1 million, 1.5 million, 2 million, $2.5 million dollars, of course it changes things. How are these families being “selfish“ or these kids being “selfish“ when everybody else would do exactly the same thing in their situation as far as getting the money is concerned? Yes, they may act differently, but that’s another story. Wanting to get the most money from fleeting opportunities they could all be gone in a second doesn’t seem like being selfish to me.
football is not the composite of the whole world of existence! broaden your horizons!

Pat

Trying and achieving successful results are often worlds apart when dealing with 18 year olds

ADVERTISEMENT