ADVERTISEMENT

ELI RARIDON Is Irish

What great teams had an offer to him? Not saying he won't be a good player. But elite teams don't pull the trigger 8 months from LOI day on a 428th ranked 22 TE. They are usually thie 2nd or 3rd choice. But keep drinking the Kool aid. We will have no shot at NCs with average to good talent. We need elite, and the staff promised they were going after that. Well apparently not.
In the past 10 years, which two schools have produced the best tight ends?

Notre Dame and Iowa

What two teams were battling hard for Raridon?

Notre Dame and Iowa

He's really good

Reactions: IrishMike409
I never said he wouldn't be good. I'm asking why we're offering so early when their are a lot of higher rated TEs on the board we should be going after and having this one as a backup. This seems to be a pattern with this staff. Can I be wrong sure, but looking at the way elite teams recruit they don't do this.
Because there's not

One other thought, the possibility that this kid is going to end up a four-star recruit when it's all said and done are small. It's of course possible but not likely and usually doesn't play out that way, nor are you defending this kid's honor in even suggesting that.

So please let that shit go. He's a three-star recruit now and still will be when it's all over - deal with it.
Aiden Gobaira started 3 star. Already a pretty high 4 star. Happens all the time

Actually closer to 200 home games lol. I didn't read the rest. I can see your typical drivel of inane cursing. You are a meathead and calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people!
No, you're right. 200 games! That would be, what... thirty years of uninterrupted home game attendance for Mr. Book hater! I don't know, you do the math for me, you probably got your backstory all figured out.

I'm sort of expecting you to have another breakdown like you did the other day. All this attention you're getting from me will eventually get the better of you.....

No, you're right. 200 games! That would be, what... thirty years of uninterrupted home game attendance for Mr. Book hater! I don't know, you do the math for me, you probably got your backstory all figured out.

I'm sort of expecting you to have another breakdown like you did the other day. All this attention you're getting from me will eventually get the better of you.....
I grew up in south bend. Lived very close to the stadium. Been involved with ND for many years. The only one who appears to have their panties in a bunch is you little fella.

Reactions: Golson5
There are quite a few not committed TEs ranked higher. If we are already out of the picture with all of them this early then the staff is not working very hard.
The staff doesn't view them as better players. Either do I. He has a ton of potential

Not arguing he doesn't. I just don't get offering so early.
raridon has the potential you want to offer early. He's the 3 star type player that i'm good with taking, one with huge upside. We've taken enough 3 star players without much upside, this isn't one of those.

Reactions: Golson5
I once read something about an exemption from the 85 scholarship limit for legacies. But I cannot seem to internet search it. Is there any such thing?

Because there's not
Because in the eyes of the ND coaches, he is as good as these higher rated TEs and they believe he has Equal or greater upside. In their eyes, he deserved to be near the top of their TE recruiting targets, and they wanted him on board. This kid isn’t someone you slow play while focusing your efforts elsewhere. This kid is very talented and I think he’ll continue our long line of great college TEs that end up in the NFL.

Because in the eyes of the ND coaches, he is as good as these higher rated TEs and they believe he has Equal or greater upside. In their eyes, he deserved to be near the top of their TE recruiting targets, and they wanted him on board. This kid isn’t someone you slow play while focusing your efforts elsewhere. This kid is very talented and I think he’ll continue our long line of great college TEs that end up in the NFL.
Agreed

Eli's grandpa Scott Raridon played for Barry Alvarez and Tom Osborne and later coached at ND under Holtz. I think John Raridon is Eli's uncle.

Did Eli seriously consider Nebraska?

Eli's grandpa Scott Raridon played for Barry Alvarez and Tom Osborne and later coached at ND under Holtz. I think John Raridon is Eli's uncle.

Did Eli seriously consider Nebraska?
NO

ADVERTISEMENT