ADVERTISEMENT

ELI RARIDON Is Irish

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
3 star commit out of Iowa. His father played at ND 2002-2006. Tales the sting out of losing Jack nickel. ND is still waiting on one more possible TE for 2022.

Tight end U!......and O-Line U!

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
3 star commit out of Iowa. His father played at ND 2002-2006. Tales the sting out of losing Jack nickel. ND is still waiting on one more possible TE for 2022.

Scuba

Great news. But I don’t think there was any sting losing Nickel. He chose less competition. His choice - and at ND we are always hungry and never miss a meal so bring on talent

Reactions: Golson5

No sting with Nickel

We wanted Raridon and Staes. Half way there

Reactions: Kelso86
Why does Rees keep taking three stars so early? No offense but he's ranked like 428th ranked player. Not saying he won't be good, but why take him now? We could take our shots at better TE's and this be a backup pick. You know, like the elite teams do. I thought we were going to try to recruit at the elite level.

Why does Rees keep taking three stars so early? No offense but he's ranked like 428th ranked player. Not saying he won't be good, but why take him now? We could take our shots at better TE's and this be a backup pick. You know, like the elite teams do. I thought we were going to try to recruit at the elite level.
Because this kid is really good. And we're getting Staes too. Raridon is a top 250 player.

Raridon - Staes is a hell of a tight end class.

Because this kid is really good. And we're getting Staes too. Raridon is a top 250 player.

Raridon - Staes is a hell of a tight end class.
There's no guarantee we'll get Staes. Just saying there are better TEs still out there. Rivals has him ranked 22TE in this class. No harm slow playing this kid no good teams had offers to him. Seems like this staff is still going through a learning curve.

There's no guarantee we'll get Staes. Just saying there are better TEs still out there. Rivals has him ranked 22TE in this class. No harm slow playing this kid no good teams had offers to him. Seems like this staff is still going through a learning curve.

Yeah I hope they keep going through their "learning curve" because this is shaping up to be an excellent class. Your statement that no good teams had offers for him is dead wrong. If a kid has talent like Raridon does and a love of the school he is committing to then slow playing him is nonsense. I'll trust the staff who actually evaluated him.

I feel sorry for those that think Rival's rankings are written by the finger of god.

Reactions: Golson5

"Why does Rees keep taking three stars so early?"

My guess is through his and the staff's evaluation of the prospect, he projects much better than advertised. Since they probably know a little more than you, I will defer to their decision making.

I feel sorry for those that think Rival's rankings are written by the finger of god.
And I feel sorry for those that think those elite teams that get all those five stars and win NCs Is just coincidence. No stars are not the end all be all. "Sure you can find diamonds in the rough. But you won't make a living on it". - Lou Holtz.

Yeah I hope they keep going through their "learning curve" because this is shaping up to be an excellent class. Your statement that no good teams had offers for him is dead wrong. If a kid has talent like Raridon does and a love of the school he is committing to then slow playing him is nonsense. I'll trust the staff who actually evaluated him.
What great teams had an offer to him? Not saying he won't be a good player. But elite teams don't pull the trigger 8 months from LOI day on a 428th ranked 22 TE. They are usually thie 2nd or 3rd choice. But keep drinking the Kool aid. We will have no shot at NCs with average to good talent. We need elite, and the staff promised they were going after that. Well apparently not.

And I feel sorry for those that think those elite teams that get all those five stars and win NCs Is just coincidence. No stars are not the end all be all. "Sure you can find diamonds in the rough. But you won't make a living on it". - Lou Holtz.
hey, anyone dumb enough to think rivals is god like it just plain dumb.

What great teams had an offer to him? Not saying he won't be a good player. But elite teams don't pull the trigger 8 months from LOI day on a 428th ranked 22 TE. They are usually thie 2nd or 3rd choice. But keep drinking the Kool aid. We will have no shot at NCs with average to good talent. We need elite, and the staff promised they were going after that. Well apparently not.
I can see that you read headlines and rarely delve deep so I will try and educate you a little.

You want 3 TE's for this recruiting class. So you look at what is out there. You see a kid with lots of potential that is a legacy, wants to come here and has all the boxes checked. Since you worship rivals I will ask you have you looked at those so called 21 better prospects? CLOSELY?
As in how are their grades; what is their motivation; how good a teammate are they, things like that?
Character concerns?
So you have a very safe recruit there. You get him and it eases the pressure for the rest you are looking at.
You aim for higher but you have one safe guy already.

I can see that you read headlines and rarely delve deep so I will try and educate you a little.

You want 3 TE's for this recruiting class. So you look at what is out there. You see a kid with lots of potential that is a legacy, wants to come here and has all the boxes checked. Since you worship rivals I will ask you have you looked at those so called 21 better prospects? CLOSELY?
As in how are their grades; what is their motivation; how good a teammate are they, things like that?
Character concerns?
So you have a very safe recruit there. You get him and it eases the pressure for the rest you are looking at.
You aim for higher but you have one safe guy already.
We are taking two not three. As for the rest of that's the way this coaching staff thinks they should all be fired. No elite teams operate under those premise.

Keep drinking the arsenic. Raridon will rate out better than average to good talent. You're clueless about the class we are building and how this staff is doing. We shall see where he ends up since like you say we are months from LOI day but keep focusing on the negative since you do it so well.

Reactions: Pennick4
Keep drinking the arsenic. Raridon will rate out better than average to good talent. You're clueless about the class we are building and how this staff is doing. We shall see where he ends up since like you say we are months from LOI day but keep focusing on the negative since you do it so well.
I never said he wouldn't be good. I'm asking why we're offering so early when their are a lot of higher rated TEs on the board we should be going after and having this one as a backup. This seems to be a pattern with this staff. Can I be wrong sure, but looking at the way elite teams recruit they don't do this.

Better tell Ohio State that because they have a lower rated 3 star TE committed than we do and the 4 star they have committed and the one we are hoping to sign are close in ranking.

Of course not, do you? Strange question.
It's only a strange question if you hadn't asked your loaded question ridiculously implying the recruiting services must be right about a recruit's rating 8 months before signing day. But you did ask that question.

All 3 services will be making dozens of rating changes between now and December. It makes no sense to look at a kid's current star rating and think that's all that matters. A quick look at Raridon's film shows clear 4-star talent. Maybe even high 4-star. Mike Singer of this site is confident he will be getting a rating boost at some point. Even if for some crazy reason that doesn't happen we're still getting a very good player.

I never said he wouldn't be good. I'm asking why we're offering so early when their are a lot of higher rated TEs on the board we should be going after and having this one as a backup. This seems to be a pattern with this staff. Can I be wrong sure, but looking at the way elite teams recruit they don't do this.
If you're going to do this, that's fine, it's a free country, and you're at least not a complete illiterate meathead.

But no airs that you're some sort of dignified longtime fan who's been to 70 home games or whatever, as that's clearly a lie. You were already pretty obviously a troll, and now you're obsessing over recruiting rankings like a teenybopper which seals the deal. And of course when it comes to being a 'hater' which you are really leaning into, if you keep this up, and make a petty fuss over every single prospect we recruit on the basis of there's other prospects rated even higher.... it's gonna be a problem. And you're gonna be a 'hater' on two fronts....

As far as your stupid, fake question as to why we're doing this now when we could get even more elite TE recruits.... why the F do you think we dropped that other TE commit? Of all the stupid, rhetorical, retard questions you could ask to keep this shit going, when you already have your answer.... But that just makes the potential for endless arguing and bitching even richer from your way of thinking.

It's only a strange question if you hadn't asked your loaded question ridiculously implying the recruiting services must be right about a recruit's rating 8 months before signing day. But you did ask that question.

All 3 services will be making dozens of rating changes between now and December. It makes no sense to look at a kid's current star rating and think that's all that matters. A quick look at Raridon's film shows clear 4-star talent. Maybe even high 4-star. Mike Singer of this site is confident he will be getting a rating boost at some point. Even if for some crazy reason that doesn't happen we're still getting a very good player.

Exactly right. Very hard to judge by stars right now with how disjointed last year's high school schedules were. I guess we need something to debate though so the ratings will always be there. Let's see how the senior seasons and all-star camps play out to see where they truly end up.

Reactions: Bumpdaddy

I never implied the recruiting services ratings are right.
As to the rest of your post, someone here always states the 3* recruits Notre Dame gets will get a ratings boost. Some do and some don't.
I'm not even complaining about this dude. Although, it'd be nice to get some 4-5* talent at the skill positions, instead of losing them after one season.

One other thought, the possibility that this kid is going to end up a four-star recruit when it's all said and done are small. It's of course possible but not likely and usually doesn't play out that way, nor are you defending this kid's honor in even suggesting that.

So please let that shit go. He's a three-star recruit now and still will be when it's all over - deal with it.

If you're going to do this, that's fine, it's a free country, and you're at least not a complete illiterate meathead.

But no airs that you're some sort of dignified longtime fan who's been to 70 home games or whatever, as that's clearly a lie. You were already pretty obviously a troll, and now you're obsessing over recruiting rankings like a teenybopper which seals the deal. And of course when it comes to being a 'hater' which you are really leaning into, if you keep this up, and make a petty fuss over every single prospect we recruit on the basis of there's other prospects rated even higher.... it's gonna be a problem. And you're gonna be a 'hater' on two fronts....

As far as your stupid, fake question as to why we're doing this now when we could get even more elite TE recruits.... why the F do you think we dropped that other TE commit? Of all the stupid, rhetorical, retard questions you could ask to keep this shit going, when you already have your answer.... But that just makes the potential for endless arguing and bitching even richer from your way of thinking.
Actually closer to 200 home games lol. I didn't read the rest. I can see your typical drivel of inane cursing. You are a meathead and calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people!

No. There's really not. The coaches love him. He's an underrated player. After his career at ND, he'll be one of the highest TE drafted in this class. He's really good.

Staes is most likely a silent commit. We're going to land him too. Very very good TE class again

I never implied the recruiting services ratings are right.
Yes, you did. Two posters responded to you because that is exactly what you were implying. If you didn't want to imply that you should have chosen different words.

ADVERTISEMENT