ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Pyne Tommy Rees 2.0

savvyandsassier

All Star
Dec 16, 2013
I think that's how you gotta look at this, if you're trying to be constructively hopeful, as well as also realistic and not delusional, given the dire circumstances we're in.

Think of like, when Golson was suspended, and all of a sudden Rees was the starter yet again, when at that point it looked like he would finish his career off on the bench, just like Pyne figured he was going to with Buchner taking over.

And I think we went 8-4 that year! And Rees put up some decent numbers. No reason Pyne can't be a totally functional QB, for his part of it at least..... The rest of the team and the offense and whatnot, that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish...

have they thought of posting the search among the student body? Put fliers up in the halls and dorms! Put flyers on windshields; all is not lost!

Last edited:
Well I would totally settle for Rees-like production. Rees was an absolutely decent QB at ND. And productive as well. He was just pretty physically un-gifted I guess you'd say. With a pretty low ceiling in terms of... sensational ability.

And that's about the same for Drew Pyne...

I think that's how you gotta look at this, if you're trying to be constructively hopeful, as well as also realistic and not delusional, given the dire circumstances we're in.

Think of like, when Golson was suspended, and all of a sudden Rees was the starter yet again, when at that point it looked like he would finish his career off on the bench, just like Pyne figured he was going to with Buchner taking over.

And I think we went 8-4 that year! And Rees put up some decent numbers. No reason Pyne can't be a totally functional QB, for his part of it at least..... The rest of the team and the offense and whatnot, that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish...

Pyne is not even half as good as Book.

Reactions: NDinNJ
“Well if Pyne can complete 60% and throw for over 7000 yards with over 60 td passes in his ND career I'd say he will have done ok.”

This would’ve been okay had he not been the turnover machine he was. And if Pyne played for that team, I’d think he would’ve put up similar numbers. But as I said, it’s the unknown, Pyne hasn’t really played yet. Rees played for 4 long years.

Reactions: Kelso86

After 1.8 games of uninspiring offense I don't think Pyne was writing anything off.

This should be renamed the Notre Dame QB quagmire part IX

Reactions: NDinNJ

The limiting factor in this theory is Rees 1.0 is designing and calling the offense Pyne is expected to run.

He is more than capable of being as good as if not better than Rees if he has the same Offensive brain trust setting things up for him that 1.0 did.

Pyne is not even half as good as Book.
But I'd say he's 1 and a HALF inches shorter than Book which puts him around 5'10" on best day

And at least 4 and a HALF inches shorter than where we need a QB to be.

I'm pretty sure he's 5-11 3/8, and that's his official measurement by ND. I guess ND could be lying, and providing false information. But I believe other players' heights have been confirmed, by way of the NFL combine, so that you know that when ND provides a height, in their official roster, that it's probably accurate.

I always thought Golson was even shorter, at 5-10 and change rather than 5-11 and change.

We could also compare Pyne to Bryce Young. He's about the same size, and he is not athletic either, probably even less athletic or physically gifted than Pyne. I guess he has some sort of freakish arm talent and composure in the pocket or something, because that dude reminds me of TV's Urkel, and he looks more like a tennis player, and not a Heisman winner. Heck he looks like a ballboy at a tennis match, and not even a tennis player himself...

So just in a general way, if some random kid off the street looking dude like Bryce Young can be such a great QB, than Pyne's gotta believe that he can do it too.....

Well, since Notre Dame officially turned down JT Daniels as a grad transfer, it will be fun watching him lead WVU offense to over achievement like he did Saturday on back to back 60 yard drives for touchdowns. How you can be stupid enough to turn down one of the most highly rated QB's that ND could have had behind center in decades for a 4 star kid that is more a RPO guy with an injury history is beyond my comprehension level.

ADVERTISEMENT