Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for helping us this year but a new starter was needed

Transferring and not playing in bowl game

Last edited:
Reactions: NDinNJ
make it stop road trip GIF

Thanks for helping us this year but a new starter was needed

Transferring and not playing in bowl game
Not a big surprise and maybe related to honest feedback from coaches that the job is wide open next year … but why not lead the team in a bowl game. These bowl games really are becoming preseason games for next years team rather than post season games for this years team which I guess is ok. Angelli is QB1? Powlus QB2? I would assume TB won’t be able to play.

Not a big surprise and maybe related to honest feedback from coaches that the job is wide open next year … but why not lead the team in a bowl game. These bowl games really are becoming preseason games for next years team rather than post season games for this years team which I guess is ok. Angelli is QB1? Powlus QB2? I would assume TB won’t be able to play.
I'm sure he wants to find his team before they fill their spots. Cant fault him for that.

Angeli and maybe Buchner for the bowl game. Hopefully Buch is healthy enough to play some

Yeah, I wish he'd stay for the bowl game, since right now he's our only QB with any experience who's healthy. And you'd think he'd want to start for ND in a bowl game one last time. But he must think he needs to start looking for a new school now, I guess. Although players transfer in the spring and summer, too.

And the writing on the wall is what?? Someone from the portal coming in or Buchner is back and was told he’s gonna start??
Did you watch the games? He continually showed that he was a capable backup but not the long term solution. He knows this. I've been saying it all season. Pyne is a G5 or FCS caliber QB. ND goes 10-2 or 11-1 with a great QB. If ND had any of the following PAC 12 QBs they beat USC - Rising, Pennix, Nix, De Lara, DTR. He's from CT. Maybe UCONN? They're on the rise and he'd start there.

I’m shocked by this, had his best game of his ND career. But I guess if ND is actively perusing a transfer, the writing is on the wall.

Is Buchner a guarantee to play the bowl or is it Steve Angeli time?

Before the bowl game is kinda crappy. We have an injured Buchner, and Angeli who hasn’t thrown a pass.

Before the bowl game is kinda crappy. We have an injured Buchner, and Angeli who hasn’t thrown a pass.
Hes gotta do whats best for him. Hes graduating and he needs to find a team

Angeli is here and Buchner might play

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
And the writing on the wall is what?? Someone from the portal coming in or Buchner is back and was told he’s gonna start??
Exactly. No offense to Buchner but he’s just not a D1 QB. Without Pyne stepping in ND would’ve gone 4-8. Smart move by Pyne. This staff wanted nothing to do with him and they somehow think Buchner is better. Rough season coming for ND in ‘23.

Exactly. No offense to Buchner but he’s just not a D1 QB. Without Pyne stepping in ND would’ve gone 4-8. Smart move by Pyne. This staff wanted nothing to do with him and they somehow think Buchner is better. Rough season coming for ND in ‘23.
Thanks Mel Kiper.

Reactions: Airzee23
This is a small blow IMO. DP would have made a safe choice for QB2 or QB3 next year. I assume this means we have a portal guy coming. I'm not sold on Buchner and I'd like to see what we have in Angeli.

Hope he can get his ND degree. A an alum, I am disgusted by the hate and lack of human respect he got from many on this board.
His teammates love the guy. That's all that really matters.

Bowls that arent part of the playoff are more about the extra practices for the following year than capping off this year.

Reactions: Kelso86
Exactly like I thought it would play out, MF has the program headed in the right direction!
Staff was supposedly completely blind sided by pyne going to the portal at this time

Have they not been talking to pyne the last week?

Very weird

Exactly like I thought it would play out, MF has the program headed in the right direction!
Then you should have posted exactly what Marcus Freeman was going to do regarding Drew Pyne weeks ago.

ADVERTISEMENT