ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Pyne entering the transfer portal.....

savvyandsassier

All Star
Dec 16, 2013
Classic! And I am not going to provide any links. That's what google's for.

And so it begins. Maybe we'll get Hudson Card, maybe we won't. Maybe we'll get someone else. I guess Rees must be feeling the heat. I would imagine Pyne would very likely only be transferring if he saw that he was actively being replaced.

Reactions: nemeth#5

And so it begins. Maybe we'll get Hudson Card, maybe we won't. Maybe we'll get someone else. I guess Rees must be feeling the heat. I would imagine Pyne would very likely only be transferring if he saw that he was actively being replaced.
Safe to assume coaches were honest with DP that next year is wide open including TB and a transfer and he understood that his best option to start is somewhere else. He’s a confident kid.

1._1q_0605_defense.gif

Safe to assume coaches were honest with DP that next year is wide open including TB and a transfer and he understood that his best option to start is somewhere else. He’s a confident kid.
I had come around that maybe we would take a transfer, mainly because I googled it and there was seemingly legit scuttlebutt that we were definitely a possible player if not leader for Hudson Card. But still a bit surprised. Pyne is not that gifted, but he is demonstrably not that terrible either. Much/most of our OL is returning, all of our skill players are back outside of Mayer. Have a little faith, Tommy Rees.... Pyne did yoeman's work, and he's really not as bad as he's made out to be, nor did we perform that poorly with him starting. And now he's gone. And who knows if Buchner's next. And who knows if whoever we get as a transfer is going to be any good....

Like I was saying let the transfer portal games begin. Careful what you wish for....

Miami OH or UConn would be great choices for him. If ND wants to have a winning season in ‘23 better grab a portal QB.

Reactions: Kelso86
Can anyone explain why Savvy needed to make his own thread on this topic when there was already a thread started on it 20 minutes prior?

Reactions: NDblitz
I wonder if ND's even going to get a portal QB. Or if, in bungling/waddling fashion, the MF/TR brain trust decided to consider the matter seriously and lurch in that direction, in the process alienating their highly serviceable starting QB and losing him immediately to the transfer portal, and the truth is ND doesn't even have anything necessarily going at all. And now it's just down TB and Angeli and prize frosh Kenny Minchey. And there's nothing definite lined up.

I can absolutely visualize Tommy Rees, who I don't have a ton of respect for I will admit, getting it into his head that he needs to take action, not really having a plan in place, and shooting himself in the foot with his gun never really even leaving his holster. Which may be what that idiom actually depicts. In any case just being the man without a plan for this situation....

We better get Hudson Card is all I would say. I don't think he's any better than Buchner, but supposedly he's a good enough academic fit, so in his case at least that much wouldn't be a deal breaker. And there's always Sam Hartman who I've heard nothing about other than he won't be going to back to WF and he does have a covid year left.....

Miami OH or UConn would be great choices for him. If ND wants to have a winning season in ‘23 better grab a portal QB.
"If ND wants to have a winning season in ‘23 better grab a portal QB"

Thanks Captain Obvious!

My feeling (not based on anything) DJ is already a silent to ND.

It’s an interesting decision !

Who is going to replace him ?
Some unknown QB ?
Buchner ?
Angeli ? Doubtful if he didn’t replace him in 2022.

Maybe nobody ?

Then what ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT