ADVERTISEMENT

Dre Brown

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
Scratching my head about this hire. What the hell is a director of offensive recruiting and how is a 23 year old that played at Illinois supposed to put us at Ohio State and Bama level recruiting offensively? Apparently he was working in a bank earlier this year. He reached out to Tennessee and they asked for a resume. They decided to bring him on. We then poached him from Tennessee before he ever started with them. I’m lost.

Last edited:
Scratching my head about this hire. What the hell is a director of offensive recruiting and how is a 23 year old that played at Illinois supposed to put us at Ohio State and Bama level recruiting offensively? Apparently he was working in a bank earlier this year. He reached out to Tennessee and they asked for a resume. They decided to bring him on. We then poached him from Tennessee before he ever started with them. I’m lost.
You are lost. We already know

Maybe he’ll be the single greatest identifier of talent in college football history when it’s all said and done. No one knows.

Recruiting is a lot more than coaches and visits...

Social media campaigns, daily check ins with players and coaches, scouting, network building etc. Younger recruiters are much more in touch with modern recruiting tools and campaigns.

Reactions: echowaker
I trust Kelly and staff. Much hand wringing for no reason.

This is a good hire. Young guy that knows all the social media platforms, etc. Everyone has a guy like this

Reactions: tbonesays
3 types of guys being hired by everyone at the moment.

1. Compliance Guys
2. Graphic Designers
3. Social Media Types

Your post was reasonable . Given the current state of recruiting on the offensive side of the ball , Kelly must have felt they needed some help.

Reactions: Kelso86

"I’m lost."

Nothing new here! lol

You don't have to play at a top brand school to identify talent and be able to communicate with recruits.

We could use help on the offensivr recruting. Especially on the OL. Will Dre will have much impact on that? No

Did we not whiff on multiple OL recruits this summer?
Does every team whiff on a few players at every position? The answer is yes. No team gets every top prospect they want. We had a very good 5 man class last year. And have 3 good ones in this class

Could it be better, yeah. But I wouldnt single out OL

Does every team whiff on a few players at every position? The answer is yes. No team gets every top prospect they want. We had a very good 5 man class last year. And have 3 good ones in this class

Could it be better, yeah. But I wouldnt single out OL
It's not often the guys high on ND come for their visits then leave flat and do a 180. Especially at OL. OL definitely trending down since Quinn took over. I think the offense overall is trending down.

Last edited:
We will see soon. Rees has a lot to prove in my opinion. We have the talent, does rees have the ability many including kelly believe?
Agreed, but the OL worries me the most. That fact that we are heading into fall and they still don't have the starting lineup settled is not good. You don't have to be an Olineman,or a coach to know that the starting OL needs time to gel and get as many first team reps together as possible before the season. Now que the bandwagon to brow beat how we are to never question the coaches or have an opinion lol.

Agreed, but the OL worries me the most. That fact that we are heading into fall and they still don't have the starting lineup settled is not good. You don't have to be an Olineman,or a coach to know that the starting OL needs time to gel and get as many first team reps together as possible before the season. Now que the bandwagon to brow beat how we are to never question the coaches or have an opinion lol.
Yawn. Much ado about nothing. They'll get plenty of reps in camp. Guarantee they know who will be starting if Patterson is 100 %.

Wow if the deepest,most talented position group on the team worries you the most I'm guessing that you have very low expectations for the upcoming season.

Reactions: Classic Irish
It's not often the guys high on ND come for their visits then leave flat and do a 180. Especially at OL. OL definitely trending down since Quinn took over. I think the offense overall is trending down.
Wagner Rice are still high on ND. We were never getting Brunner. Hinzman didnt fit in with the players. Schrauth were still working on.

Between last years and this years class we're probably top 5 OL recruiting. So I dont get the sky is falling

He did last year. Hopefully he does even better this year
Considering it was one of the most veteran teams paired with one of the weakest schedules we've ever had yet we some how managed to be less productive then the previous year and got absolutely outclassed in the playoffs again I'm not sure agree that Rees proved anything. This will be the year that will prove if he has the chops that everyone here claims he does. Maybe he does?

Wagner Rice are still high on ND. We were never getting Brunner. Hinzman didnt fit in with the players. Schrauth were still working on.

Between last years and this years class we're probably top 5 OL recruiting. So I dont get the sky is falling
Where have I said or implied the sky is falling? I've said I'm concerned that with all this talent and the fact it's possible that not one of these amazing 2019 recruits will be starting. If that's the case I'm more concerned about identifying talent or more likely developing that talent.

Considering it was one of the most veteran teams paired with one of the weakest schedules we've ever had yet we some how managed to be less productive then the previous year and got absolutely outclassed in the playoffs again I'm not sure agree that Rees proved anything. This will be the year that will prove if he has the chops that everyone here claims he does. Maybe he does?
In what way were we less productive?

And while I don't know the average strength of schedule, 2019's did not have two Clemsons and a Bama.

He did last year. Hopefully he does even better this year
I was not impressed with Rees last year other than BC and Clemson part 1. He leaned on the best oline in the country arguably as he should. But leaned on it too much when other teams loaded box. In the end book wasn’t any better.

In what way were we less productive?

And while I don't know the average strength of schedule, 2019's did not have two Clemsons and a Bama.
I'm speaking of the regular season. I don't blame anyone for that it was a weird year and slapped together a schedule. But how did the post season work out for us? How was our offense in those games? The offense was not more productive and Books numbers went down his last two years. No I'm not impressed with Rees' offense so far. We will see this year.

Considering we had below average receivers and a limited QB with no spring practice Id say he was pretty good. Add in 3 games with Alabama and Clemson I think the offense performed almost as well as it could

Considering we had below average receivers and a limited QB with no spring practice Id say he was pretty good. Add in 3 games with Alabama and Clemson I think the offense performed almost as well as it could
We will agree to disagree on that one. This is the true test this year. It's beyond obvious I was not a fan of the Rees hire but I am rooting for him to succeed . BK has hitched his legacy wagon to him and this year will be the test.

Reactions: Get Nasty
Don’t know how we went from Dre to Rees but it is an ND board.

I have a hard time judging Tommy. He seems to have the pedigree to be a great coach and he has moved up quickly. Who better to read a D than an X QB and a good one at that with less that spectacular god given abilities.

I too share concern based on some games that should have just been blowouts. Our offense was much worse than under his predecessor.

It’s a tough judge tho. Covid, spring training, work outs, etc.

I’m not sure we can have a read on him last year and this year with a new line and QB, we might be frustrated.

I don’t think we really know until 2022.

We will agree to disagree on that one. This is the true test this year. It's beyond obvious I was not a fan of the Rees hire but I am rooting for him to succeed . BK has hitched his legacy wagon to him and this year will be the test.
What part do you disagree with?

Do you think we had above average receivers?

Do you think our qb wasnt limited?

Do you think we had a spring practice last year?

I'm speaking of the regular season. I don't blame anyone for that it was a weird year and slapped together a schedule. But how did the post season work out for us? How was our offense in those games? The offense was not more productive and Books numbers went down his last two years. No I'm not impressed with Rees' offense so far. We will see this year.
I'd say his only really bad game was the ACCCG, which is why we shouldn't make ourselves play in any more of them. Otherwise the offense in the fake-Rose Bowl of 2021 performed better than the artificial-Cotton Bowl of 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT