ADVERTISEMENT

Don't be surprised if you see 11-1

TXND30

Future coach
Nov 10, 2011
1 point loss to the team who will be in the SEC championship game and probably a playoff team. The sky is not falling.....

Don't be surprised if ND wins out. The defense is coming into its own.

Offense wins games but defense wins championships even in the era of the spread offense.....

ND did not get beat this game by any means

1 point loss to the team who will be in the SEC championship game and probably a playoff team. The sky is not falling.....

Offense wins games but defense wins championships even in the era of the spread offense.....

Wakes up from dream.

Realizes team is coached by someone that doesn't want to be at ND.

Watches USC play.

7-5.

I get the SC part but who are the other 3?
Did you ever think ND would lose to the likes of Tulsa, USF, Northwestern, Navy, and Duke?

If ND had a decent coach I'd be fully expecting a 9-3 year at this point, but Kelly is a different kind of beast.

Reactions: 88ND and NIN Irish
MSU, USC, Miami and Stanford will be the losses, in my opinion, that gets ND to a 7-5 record this year.

We will then see Jack talking about the three game improvement and how things are looking good to make a run at "championships" starting in 2018.

Reactions: 88ND
Did you watch that game? The only reason we were in that game at all was all the penalties on GA D. Wimbush cannot make reads or throw a decent ball. Hes a RB playing QB. Defense is much approved, agree with that but no way we win out.

MSU, USC, Miami and Stanford will be the losses, in my opinion, that gets ND to a 7-5 record this year.

We will then see Jack talking about the three game improvement and how things are looking good to make a run at "championships" starting in 2018.
So this is your prediction for this year then? I will hold you to it Bod.... I mean Tommy :).

Reactions: Pennick44
Did you watch that game? The only reason we were in that game at all was all the penalties on GA D. Wimbush cannot make reads or throw a decent ball. Hes a RB playing QB. Defense is much approved, agree with that but no way we win out.
Wow, talk about critical. It was Wimbush's second start against a VERY good defense. He didn't get a lot of help from the OL either. He will improve, he has a lot of good defenses he will be facing this year. I'm guessing you were one of the fans calling for ND to revoke Brady Quins's schollay after his first game. Give the kid a break!

I still like 9-3. I say we might win three of those 4 actually. But lose a head scratcher. That seems more par for the course but unfortunately I'm an optimist.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
So this is your prediction for this year then? I will hold you to it Bod.... I mean Tommy :).
I've stated 7-5 for six months now. On here and on NBC Sports. Someone laughed at me in the preseason last year when I said 8-4 or worse for ND in 2016.

Like you, he was so sure ND was going to win 10+ games. Take your rose colored glasses off big man. Kelly isn't a good coach, doesn't want to be here, and finally- Tulsa!!!!!!

I've been 9-3 since the beginning. Maybe 10-2 if things went well. The four games I saw as potential losses were Georgia, USC, Navy (because of where it is on the schedule and Miami. I really am not sold on Stanford. Their QB is a parking cone. That offense has to have at the very least an effective game manager like Hogan. they don't have one.

I still like 9-3. I say we might win three of those 4 actually. But lose a head scratcher. That seems more par for the course but unfortunately I'm an optimist.
The biggest positive is Elko is at ND now and not Kelly's buddy, BvG. I'm still holding out hope.

Wow, talk about critical. It was Wimbush's second start against a VERY good defense. He didn't get a lot of help from the OL either. He will improve, he has a lot of good defenses he will be facing this year. I'm guessing you were one of the fans calling for ND to revoke Brady Quins's schollay after his first game. Give the kid a break!
Brady Quinn is a saint, I would never speak of him or Jeff S that way

I've stated 7-5 for six months now. On here and on NBC Sports. Someone laughed at me in the preseason last year when I said 8-4 or worse for ND in 2016.

Like you, he was so sure ND was going to win 10+ games. Take your rose colored glasses off big man. Kelly isn't a good coach, doesn't want to be here, and finally- Tulsa!!!!!!
I dare you to find one post where I ever said "ND will win 10+ games"! I will say right now 9-3 or 8-4 worse. Leaning more toward 9-3. Please take off your blind Kelly hater glasses. Kelly will not be fired this season sorry hater. Barring some scandal or something of that nature.

Reactions: iwish and Pennick44

UGA not likely to win east. Haven't won the division since 2012 and unlikely to do so with a frosh QB. "Probabaly a playoff team"? WHAT?!? You think UGA will be part of the 4 team CFB playoff? Please put the pipe down.

UGA not likely to win east. Haven't won the division since 2012 and unlikely to do so with a frosh QB. "Probabaly a playoff team"? WHAT?!? You think UGA will be part of the 4 team CFB playoff? Please put the pipe down.
Who would you say IS likely to win the SEC east?

Georgia is a very good football team. They are going to be tough to beat with that defense.

Georgia is a very good football team. They are going to be tough to beat with that defense.
Florida looked like a middling FCS team against a Michigan defense that is good, but not as good as Georgia's. Tennessee, with unlimited time to prepare, gave up 10,000 yards to the GT option, and has a shaky young QB. South Carolina is 2-0, which is a surprise, but its hard to tell about them. Missouri can't stop any team with a pulse. Right now Georgia has to be the favorite, but that could change.

Reactions: Pennick44
I won't be surprised if you are referring to Ohio state, Meatchicken, Oklahoma, Clemson, Washington, Louisville, USC etc....

I get the SC part but who are the other 3?

I'm just a visitor from Warchant who popped in to see what's going on about your coaches comments about the fans and then lurked a bit, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night and I did go 18-5 against the spread last week. But when I look at your performance at home against a team that might contend for the SEC Least due to its weakness but has no shot at the playoff or winning the SEC overall, I think 7-5 or 8-4 would be pretty accurate. Looking at the schedule (barring massive or hyper critical injuries to any of the teams mentioned) I see @ Miami, @ Stanford and USC as highly probable losses with one or two additional losses from NC State, @ UNC, Wake and @Michigan State which are teams I think you are better than but not substantially so to the point they are gimmes. Because you've already lost once I see 9-3 as the best outcome which would be sneaking one upset of the three I have you penned in as a loss and winning all of the winnable games and 6-6 as a floor which is losing the three I expect you to lose and splitting the four I think you're roughly on par with.

Florida looked like a middling FCS team against a Michigan defense that is good, but not as good as Georgia's. Tennessee, with unlimited time to prepare, gave up 10,000 yards to the GT option, and has a shaky young QB. South Carolina is 2-0, which is a surprise, but its hard to tell about them. Missouri can't stop any team with a pulse. Right now Georgia has to be the favorite, but that could change.

Georgia could very well win the SEC Least as you are right about its weakness. The only team with a pulse is Georgia and that's not very strong imo.

I'll have what he's having

I'm just a visitor from Warchant who popped in to see what's going on about your coaches comments about the fans and then lurked a bit, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night and I did go 18-5 against the spread last week. But when I look at your performance at home against a team that might contend for the SEC Least due to its weakness but has no shot at the playoff or winning the SEC overall, I think 7-5 or 8-4 would be pretty accurate. Looking at the schedule (barring massive or hyper critical injuries to any of the teams mentioned) I see @ Miami, @ Stanford and USC as highly probable losses with one or two additional losses from NC State, @ UNC, Wake and @Michigan State which are teams I think you are better than but not substantially so to the point they are gimmes. Because you've already lost once I see 9-3 as the best outcome which would be sneaking one upset of the three I have you penned in as a loss and winning all of the winnable games and 6-6 as a floor which is losing the three I expect you to lose and splitting the four I think you're roughly on par with.
Let's just beat BC and go on from there. We can't beat Michigan State, Miami U or UNC on Saturday, we can only beat BC.

We don't know if the defense is "there". They are trending up and it is a wait and see situation. The glaring worry was the unexpected fail of the OL (again). Was this fail the product of an elite world class defense or a hype machine that can't deliver?

We don't know if the defense is "there". They are trending up and it is a wait and see situation. The glaring worry was the unexpected fail of the OL (again). Was this fail the product of an elite world class defense or a hype machine that can't deliver?
I think we played a SEC defensive line with the kind of players that those kids never see in practice because they can't get into ND and got hit in the mouth and whooped

Agree with your list of losses above but would add one more. That would be one of four possibilities: BC, UNC, NC State or Navy. Before the season started my prediction was the same as for 2016.............6-6. I was overly optimistic in 2016 so 6-6 this year would actually be a 50% improvement. That would be assuming no Bowl game. With a Bowl it would be 6-7. Either way that would portend a possible coaching change.

I walked away with one big positive last week , and that was the play of our defense. That said,
Considering that Kelly is the coach, I think with a lot of luck we can go 9 - 3 based on the play of the defense
And thinking that Ga. defense seemed to be very good.
I am thinking that our offense will be able to put up 30 +/ - a couple of points against just about any team on our schedule ?
If our offense is as bad as we looked last week,we are in deep s.... , with out boots on ! It will then be a very
Long season, and Bye Bye Kelly !

Reactions: perseverare

I hope we finish 11 and 1. There is a chance. Elko is one helluva great defensive coordinator. If Coach Kelly can let the offensive coordinator run the offense and stay aloof and quit putting the great players in the doghouse there is a chance. I believe.

Reactions: perseverare
I won't say we'll win one of those four but I believe one of those teams will have a terrible game turnover wise against us. Which we'll probably get the win. I'll still hold out that even with the terrible game being played against us Kelly will find a way to make it unnecessarily close.

I agree with the headline...if this was an OSU message board.

Wrong team my friend. I predicted 8-5 and I'm sticking to it (although I predicted we'd beat Georgia).

I think we played a SEC defensive line with the kind of players that those kids never see in practice because they can't get into ND and got hit in the mouth and whooped

Trust me, they let just about anyone into ND if he can play football well.

For the sake of our players and student body, 11-1 sounds pretty darn good right about now.

I hope we finish 11 and 1. There is a chance. Elko is one helluva great defensive coordinator. If Coach Kelly can let the offensive coordinator run the offense and stay aloof and quit putting the great players in the doghouse there is a chance. I believe.

Besides Stepherson (who is on suspension) -- who else is in the dog house?

I think I'd worry about FSU W/L record if I were you. Gotta be huge fans of Irma right now, from a football perspective that is.

Reactions: Kelso86
ADVERTISEMENT