ADVERTISEMENT

Does Chip Kelly have a big buyout? If he doesn't now, he will soon.

11NCs

ND Expert
Mar 4, 2011
What a coup it would be for SC to grab a NC-caliber coach and screw UCLA in one hire.

Chip Kelly is 12-21 at UCLA. People are putting a bit too much credit on his win over LSU (.500 in 2020).

CK only had 57 players his first year, and recently said he was only able to practice with 78 players max last year, most teams have 105-115 players for practice when including walk on/practice squad guys.

CK is a great coach, and once he can field an entire team of his guys, UCLA will consistently win FB games.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
CK only had 57 players his first year, and recently said he was only able to practice with 78 players max last year, most teams have 105-115 players for practice when including walk on/practice squad guys.

CK is a great coach, and once he can field an entire team of his guys, UCLA will consistently win FB games.
His agent had better parlay this into an extension before he has to play Stanford and UO. It kept Helton employed for a while.

He's not a great coach----got fired in Philly.

12-21 in his years at UCLA-----got fired by Eagles---------and he's a great coach.

Here's a heads up----raise the bar a bit.

Reactions: NIN Irish
Much easier to win at USC. Better program. Better tradition. Better recruiting
I might go with the tradition and recruiting but not the first two.

Kelly would never make that leap, the hit to his reputation would be catastrophic!

I might go with the tradition and recruiting but not the first two.

Kelly would never make that leap, the hit to his reputation would be catastrophic!
Going to USC would be a hit to Chip Kellys reputation? In what way

He's not a great coach----got fired in Philly.

12-21 in his years at UCLA-----got fired by Eagles---------and he's a great coach.

Here's a heads up----raise the bar a bit.
Bro, do you really pay attention or just spout nonsense?

Chip Kelly took over a dumpster fire in Philly, they were 4-12 the year before he started. His first season they went 10-6 and made the divisional round, his second season they went 10-6, and in his 3rd season he was fired at after starting 6-9. Lurie even said the personnel changes CK made were more the cause then the record. CK was/is a good FB coach but wasn’t a good GM.

CK was such a failure that 4 NFL teams contacted him with days after his termination.

Again, any coach that has to take over a program with so few scholarship players on the roster is going to face a huge uphill battle. Do some research on that subject and get back to me, as you obviously have not done as much.

I’m not even a huge CK fan, I’m indifferent to him but I know he’s a very good coach and recognize ignorant comments when I see them.

Reactions: TOMMY_23

Chip Kelly took over a dumpster fire in Philly, they were 4-12 the year before he started. His first season they went 10-6 and made the divisional round, his second season they went 10-6, and in his 3rd season he was fired at after starting 6-9. Lurie even said the personnel changes CK made were more the cause then the record. CK was/is a good FB coach but wasn’t a good GM.

CK was such a failure that 4 NFL teams contacted him with days after his termination.

Again, any coach that has to take over a program with so few scholarship players on the roster is going to face a huge uphill battle. Do some research on that subject and get back to me, as you obviously have not done as much.

I’m not even a huge CK fan, I’m indifferent to him but I know he’s a very good coach and recognize ignorant comments when I see them.
Yeah 4 teams contacted him but none offered him a coaching job.

He has stunk at UCLA so far. We'll see if he gets it turned around this year. He hasnt recruited very well either

So do I

Yeah 4 teams contacted him but none offered him a coaching job.

He has stunk at UCLA so far. We'll see if he gets it turned around this year. He hasnt recruited very well either
Wow, you’re clueless.

Going to USC would be a hit to Chip Kellys reputation? In what way
Bailing on UCLA and taking the HC job at the crosstown rival, USC would be classless !

He would be generally vilified for making such a move.

Bailing on UCLA and taking the HC job at the crosstown rival, USC would be classless !

He would be generally vilified for making such a move.
No he wouldn't. It wouldn't affect his legacy at all. The only thing that matters is if he wins or loses at SC. USC is the better job. No one would vilify him except for UCLA fans

No he wouldn't. It wouldn't affect his legacy at all. The only thing that matters is if he wins or loses at SC. USC is the better job. No one would vilify him except for UCLA fans
You’re dead wrong !

In addition USC wouldn’t offer him the job for the same reason, the optics and the ethics are horrendous !

You’re dead wrong !

In addition USC wouldn’t offer him the job for the same reason, the optics and the ethics are horrendous !
If they thought he could win there, they'd offer. If his name was Urban Meyer and he was coaching at ucla you better believe they'd offer.

I wouldnt be surprised if they gave BK a call either.

Who cares about optics. They want to win again. And the optics wouldnt look bad for SC, it would look bad for ucla

If they thought he could win there, they'd offer. If his name was Urban Meyer and he was coaching at ucla you better believe they'd offer.

I wouldnt be surprised if they gave BK a call either.

Who cares about optics. They want to win again. And the optics wouldnt look bad for SC, it would look bad for ucla
You’re wrong, USC would never make an offer to the UCLA HC and vice versa.

You don’t have a clue as to the dynamic in L.A.

Fresno overcame 30 yards of penalties, and a qb who needs hospitalization, in the final two minutes to pull off the upset. Check out the highlights

Reactions: ivan brunetti

Your slobbering over him looks pretty stupid after FRESNO STATE beat UCLA.

How is the monster season going? 🤣 He stinks.
Chip Kelly may be the absolute worst coach in college football this year. His time has gone.
Brian Kelly is a far better coach and stands up for the Kelly name !

ADVERTISEMENT