ADVERTISEMENT

David Abiara Is Gone

IrishInOntario

I've posted how many times?
Feb 21, 2009
Looks like Oklahoma. Not great, but I don't think he's a huge loss to the class. Next up, go hard after Kechaun Bennett and company.

Looks like Oklahoma. Not great, but I don't think he's a huge loss to the class. Next up, go hard after Kechaun Bennett and company.

He committed to ND on 3/27/2020 and said at one time that he’s very interested in academics. Looks like he’s going to decommit from ND and commit to the University of Oklahoma—-the Harvard of Norman, Oklahoma.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I thought he said, "I love thee Notre Dame, 100 per cent committed to ND?" Oh well!

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
It's why they're called verbals. It's also why you don't give up on a kid you want when he verbals elsewhere.

I thought he said, "I love thee Notre Dame, 100 per cent committed to ND?" Oh well!

yup, they learn how things work nowadays, very quickly.
The divorce rate for the’21 class may be a record.

Kechaun Bennett needs to happen and sounds like it may.

Much better preparation i believe than what we've done with RB.

We've signed one good RB since landing Dexter williams in 2015, and Tyree isn't an every down back type.

CJ Holmes was 4 star but not many people actually thought he was that good.

I'm not sold on Kyren Williams, I think he might be too slow, but I still have some hope because he does have great skills.

Kechaun Bennett needs to happen and sounds like it may.

Much better preparation i believe than what we've done with RB.

We've signed one good RB since landing Dexter williams in 2015, and Tyree isn't an every down back type.

CJ Holmes was 4 star but not many people actually thought he was that good.

I'm not sold on Kyren Williams, I think he might be too slow, but I still have some hope because he does have great skills.

I love kyren. Hes not slow just doesnt have a 6th gear. Im fine with getting chased down from behind after 15 yards. His strength and vision are much better than cbo and hes got quicker feet in the hole than Smith.

I think he could be a little faster jones. And thats pretty good when he can be paired with tyree

I love kyren. Hes not slow just doesnt have a 6th gear. Im fine with getting chased down from behind after 15 yards. His strength and vision are much better than cbo and hes got quicker feet in the hole than Smith.

I think he could be a little faster jones. And thats pretty good when he can be paired with tyree
I hope you are right, he just seemed overweight and slow to me in the spring. WE shall see. I'm really curious on Armstrong, he showed so much potential in 2018, and looked like one of the worst RBs possible in 2019.

I was really excited when Abiara committed to ND, and really disappointed with his decision to decommit. Think he has the potential to be a really good player at the next level, although not the quick rush end most of us clamor for. I think we just lost a kid who would have been in the rotation as a sophomore, but not someone who will dominate his position. I actually like Bennett’s upside potential more, and hope we can still get in on him, but losing Abiara does hurt unless Elston works his magic and gets an equal or better replacement. MY money is on Elston.

I was really excited when Abiara committed to ND, and really disappointed with his decision to decommit. Think he has the potential to be a really good player at the next level, although not the quick rush end most of us clamor for. I think we just lost a kid who would have been in the rotation as a sophomore, but not someone who will dominate his position. I actually like Bennett’s upside potential more, and hope we can still get in on him, but losing Abiara does hurt unless Elston works his magic and gets an equal or better replacement. MY money is on Elston.

TelX

I see Abiara in your rear view Mirror. Your sipping and driving because you are TelX. You don’t get excited over losers you are TelX.

I'm in to a Glendronach 21 tonight with an Upman Connoiseur B, Telx1!

Perfect 27C degree night here.

Cheers!
Love our single malts! I’ve enjoyed a Glendronach 18 before, but never had the 21. Damn IIO, you’re having a heat wave.

Love our single malts! I’ve enjoyed a Glendronach 18 before, but never had the 21. Damn IIO, you’re having a heat wave.

The 18 Allerdice is fabulous as well. Great dram!

I've got a Glenmorangie Signet, a Glendronach 21, a Macallan 18 Tripple Cask and a Caol Ila 18 (unpeated) on the go right now.

The 18 Allerdice is fabulous as well. Great dram!

I've got a Glenmorangie Signet, a Glendronach 21, a Macallan 18 Tripple Cask and a Caol Ila 18 (unpeated) on the go right now.
I’ve enjoyed more than my share of excellent single malts over the years. Never tasted the Caol lla you reference. They of course vary a great deal, and my least favorite is Talisker. My favorite is the MaCallan 18 Sherry Oak Cask. I have fond memories of my son and wife buying me a bottle each year for Father’s Day, and another at Christmas when it was slightly over $100. Thought is was the perfect single malt for my tastes. Two bottles would last me the year as I routinely drank the MaCallan 12 and Oban 18 for my nightly dram. Made the mistake of weening my wife off of vodka and gin, and introducing her to my single malts, which increased our liquor costs dramatically. The MaCallan 18 Sherry Oak is now a $300 bottle. We still buy two a year, but now I share with my loving wife of 42 years. Life is good and we are fortunate, as are you! Would be more fun sharing these drams and talking ND football in person rather than cyberspace, but enjoy the exchange nonetheless.

My money is on the Rain Maker, Brian Polian securing another last minute commitment from another big bada$$ Polynesian from the Big Island !! It will happen !!
Go Irish !!
Sink Navy !!!

Reactions: sluggo69

Get ready Ara ! For another undefeated season by the Irish !! But this time the Irish will come up BIG ! In the playoffs !!

Evening Ski...sipping my MaCallan as I read your post.

Good morning Telx !! I Just got off another 12 hour shift ten days/nights straight ! I just popped a percocet chased with an ice cold glass of Colt45 ! And just bbq's some italian sausages for breakfast !! I am all ready to talk Irish football !!

Good morning Telx !! I Just got off another 12 hour shift ten days/nights straight ! I just popped a percocet chased with an ice cold glass of Colt45 ! And just bbq's some italian sausages for breakfast !! I am all ready to talk Irish football !!
Colt 45 ? I just threw up in my mouth. Ten straight days of hard work and that's what you reward yourself with ? You deserve better than that.

Hey good morning Bodi. I still remember the challenge of losing your job, and a few years later, here you’re working your butt off and making a ton more money...the American dream! Love it and happy for you. Hope you’re maxing you’re IRA contributions. Haven’t had a Colt45 in over forty five years, and thought it may have become extinct with all the popular beer choices on the market today. I know you like your Italian sausage, but Kielbasa sausage is still my preference, albeit something I enjoy maybe two or three times a year.
I still think Polian delivers that Hawaiian athlete, name escapes me, who seems perfectly built to play our rover position. I think Abiara was recruited as a drop end, good athlete with good feet, but not that quick guy off the edge. I’m hoping we end up with a new commit who can help elevate our rush and number of sacks and rushed passes, etc... We’ve improved in this, but we’re way behind the likes of Ohio State for example, in sacks, etc... I think Elston found another diamond in the rough with Onye, now we just need a complimentary bookend.

Hey good morning Bodi. I still remember the challenge of losing your job, and a few years later, here you’re working your butt off and making a ton more money...the American dream! Love it and happy for you. Hope you’re maxing you’re IRA contributions. Haven’t had a Colt45 in over forty five years, and thought it may have become extinct with all the popular beer choices on the market today. I know you like your Italian sausage, but Kielbasa sausage is still my preference, albeit something I enjoy maybe two or three times a year.
I still think Polian delivers that Hawaiian athlete, name escapes me, who seems perfectly built to play our rover position. I think Abiara was recruited as a drop end, good athlete with good feet, but not that quick guy off the edge. I’m hoping we end up with a new commit who can help elevate our rush and number of sacks and rushed passes, etc... We’ve improved in this, but we’re way behind the likes of Ohio State for example, in sacks, etc... I think Elston found another diamond in the rough with Onye, now we just need a complimentary bookend.

Onye? = R Okwara or K Wade

Onye? = R Okwara or K Wade
Fair question. I assume you meant Kofi Wardlow? Okwara has developed into a Star, and Wardlow almost never sees the field. At the time, I thought Wardlow had a good upside and would develop better and faster than he has. He’s someone I would expect to transfer out at some point. I think Onye has played football for something like two or three years; so he’s raw with very high upside potential. He has really good size and athleticism, and he gets bye with this at the HS level, but he will have to develop better techniques at the next level. Hoping his development mirrors Okwara’s.

Fair question. I assume you meant Kofi Wardlow? Okwara has developed into a Star, and Wardlow almost never sees the field. At the time, I thought Wardlow had a good upside and would develop better and faster than he has. He’s someone I would expect to transfer out at some point. I think Onye has played football for something like two or three years; so he’s raw with very high upside potential. He has really good size and athleticism, and he gets bye with this at the HS level, but he will have to develop better techniques at the next level. Hoping his development mirrors Okwara’s.

no I meant Kallen Wade. Similar coming of out H.S.

from blue gray sky 2005

Kallen Wade has become the 4th known verbal in this year’s class. Wade is a 6’5, 220 lb DE at Withrow High School in Cincinnati.

Wade, who sports a 3.8 GPA, has played three different positions in his three years of high school football. As a freshman, he played safety. As a sophomore, he played linebacker. Last year, he played defensive end and accumulated roughly 40 tackles to go with his 13 sacks. He was named to the All-Conference, All-City and All-Ohio teams. He also participates on the track team by running the 400m.

It would make the most sense that Wade is being recruited as a pass-rushing defensive end, although it’s notable that a few schools, including Cincinnati, want him as an outside linebacker. Why’s that important? It suggests the versatility that Wade brings to the table; Wade appears to be a defensive end athletic enough to both rush the passer as well as drop into the flat on zone blitzes or in 8-man coverage schemes.

How would his coach, Charles Gamble, describe his play? From a Scout.com article in late March:

“Kallen is the real deal…a tremendous athlete, he has a high motor and he doesn't quit…he never gives up on a play and he's consistent night in and night out.”

Last edited:
I’ve enjoyed more than my share of excellent single malts over the years. Never tasted the Caol lla you reference. They of course vary a great deal, and my least favorite is Talisker. My favorite is the MaCallan 18 Sherry Oak Cask. I have fond memories of my son and wife buying me a bottle each year for Father’s Day, and another at Christmas when it was slightly over $100. Thought is was the perfect single malt for my tastes. Two bottles would last me the year as I routinely drank the MaCallan 12 and Oban 18 for my nightly dram. Made the mistake of weening my wife off of vodka and gin, and introducing her to my single malts, which increased our liquor costs dramatically. The MaCallan 18 Sherry Oak is now a $300 bottle. We still buy two a year, but now I share with my loving wife of 42 years. Life is good and we are fortunate, as are you! Would be more fun sharing these drams and talking ND football in person rather than cyberspace, but enjoy the exchange nonetheless.

Gotta branch out into non-colored and non-chill-filtered scotches. Macallan is smooth, and delicious but there are some great offerings out there. Check out Glengoyne, or if you like peated, longrow.

no I meant Kallen Wade. Similar coming of out H.S.

from blue gray sky 2005

Kallen Wade has become the 4th known verbal in this year’s class. Wade is a 6’5, 220 lb DE at Withrow High School in Cincinnati.

Wade, who sports a 3.8 GPA, has played three different positions in his three years of high school football. As a freshman, he played safety. As a sophomore, he played linebacker. Last year, he played defensive end and accumulated roughly 40 tackles to go with his 13 sacks. He was named to the All-Conference, All-City and All-Ohio teams. He also participates on the track team by running the 400m.

It would make the most sense that Wade is being recruited as a pass-rushing defensive end, although it’s notable that a few schools, including Cincinnati, want him as an outside linebacker. Why’s that important? It suggests the versatility that Wade brings to the table; Wade appears to be a defensive end athletic enough to both rush the passer as well as drop into the flat on zone blitzes or in 8-man coverage schemes.

How would his coach, Charles Gamble, describe his play? From a Scout.com article in late March:

“Kallen is the real deal…a tremendous athlete, he has a high motor and he doesn't quit…he never gives up on a play and he's consistent night in and night out.”
Wasn’t thinking back 15 years ago for the comparison! Hell, I try to forget the last of the Weis years.

Gotta branch out into non-colored and non-chill-filtered scotches. Macallan is smooth, and delicious but there are some great offerings out there. Check out Glengoyne, or if you like peated, longrow.
Thought my days of experiencing new single malts were behind me, but you and IIO have peaked my curiosity. I’ll explore as you suggest. Thank you!

Reactions: Walruzz
Thought my days of experiencing new single malts were behind me, but you and IIO have peaked my curiosity. I’ll explore as you suggest. Thank you!
Look for the smaller distilleries that spend less on advertising/marketing. The mother spirit from each distillery will have a great deal of variation. If you like sulphuric/funk try Craigellachie or Eradour (Caledonia if you can find it.) Glen Scotia if you can find it is also good. If you want a salty/peaty mix, look for Bunnahabhain - the 12 year old is good but the 18 year is remarkable. You can tell it’s made on the ocean. For smoke try a longrow, or a Springbank - the 12 is cask strength and good straight but tolerates water well.

Glenmorangie, Dalmore and MaCallan are mass marketed - they spend a ton on advertisement. Doesn’t mean they are not good, but they are made with artificial color and have a lot of the flavor strained out by filtering - so they look better in a glass. (They don’t get cloudy.)

Look for “non chill filtered” and “no color added” on the box or bottle. There is some amazing variety and depth to scotch. Ralfy on youtube is a great reviewer if you want to scout a bottle first.

Reactions: Telx1
Look for the smaller distilleries that spend less on advertising/marketing. The mother spirit from each distillery will have a great deal of variation. If you like sulphuric/funk try Craigellachie or Eradour (Caledonia if you can find it.) Glen Scotia if you can find it is also good. If you want a salty/peaty mix, look for Bunnahabhain - the 12 year old is good but the 18 year is remarkable. You can tell it’s made on the ocean. For smoke try a longrow, or a Springbank - the 12 is cask strength and good straight but tolerates water well.

Glenmorangie, Dalmore and MaCallan are mass marketed - they spend a ton on advertisement. Doesn’t mean they are not good, but they are made with artificial color and have a lot of the flavor strained out by filtering - so they look better in a glass. (They don’t get cloudy.)

Look for “non chill filtered” and “no color added” on the box or bottle. There is some amazing variety and depth to scotch. Ralfy on youtube is a great reviewer if you want to scout a bottle first.

Love a good scotch discussion. I do have my all time favourites, but I also like drinking some scotch seasonally.... My all time favourites that I've tried include...

Glendronach 12
Glendronach 18
Glendronach 21
Macallan 21
Macallan 25
Glenmorangie 18
Glenmorangie Signet
Caol Ila 15 (peated)
Glengoyne 25
Lagavulin 16 (in the fall)
Dalwhinnie 15
Laphroaig 18 (in the fall)

I'm a big time Highland Scotch guy. However, in the fall I enjoy sipping on a heavily peated Islay as well.

Love a good scotch discussion. I do have my all time favourites, but I also like drinking some scotch seasonally.... My all time favourites that I've tried include...

Glendronach 12
Glendronach 18
Glendronach 21
Macallan 21
Macallan 25
Glenmorangie 18
Glenmorangie Signet
Caol Ila 15 (peated)
Glengoyne 25
Lagavulin 16 (in the fall)
Dalwhinnie 15
Laphroaig 18 (in the fall)

I'm a big time Highland Scotch guy. However, in the fall I enjoy sipping on a heavily peated Islay as well.

We get it !! You are French !! Real Americans don't drink that sh#t !

We get it !! You are French !! Real Americans don't drink that sh#t !

I haven't had a Colt 45 since I was 14 and a couple friends and myself played Edward Fortyhands at a cottage lol.

If not drinking the cheapest swish at the liquor store puts me in a different category, I'm happy to reside there lol

I haven't had a Colt 45 since I was 14 and a couple friends and myself played Edward Fortyhands at a cottage lol.

If not drinking the cheapest swish at the liquor store puts me in a different category, I'm happy to reside there lol

I also drink King Cobra when I feel like spending more money. All my friends drink malt liquor. We don't drink anything we can't spell.

ADVERTISEMENT