ADVERTISEMENT

Darren Agu has decommitted

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
Not sure the reason, it does not sound like he is still considering the Irish. It looks like a race between Vandy and Northwestern, so it does not appear academics are the reason. Agu was a project with high a ceiling.

best of luck, glad he made the decision early in the process for both sides.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Not sure the reason, it does not sound like he is still considering the Irish. It looks like a race between Vandy and Northwestern, so it does not appear academics are the reason. Agu was a project with high a ceiling.

best of luck, glad he made the decision early in the process for both sides.
a four star project?

I just read it may be because he wants the opportunity to start right away and felt he couldn't do that ND.
i've basically have read the same thing. he has been looking at our depth and has decided to go somewhere else that'll get him earlier playing time from what people elsewhere are posting. getting two 2023 verbals at DE could've had something to do with it

Reactions: scubastevefl
i've basically have read the same thing. he has been looking at our depth and has decided to go somewhere else that'll get him earlier playing time from what people elsewhere are posting. getting two 2023 verbals at DE could've had something to do with it
If competition scared him away, then ND dodged a bullet here.

Every kid in America wants to play early. Nobody says “I’d like to come in, sit on the bench and play 2-3 years down the road”.

Maybe we have a 5 star coming in and he was low man out. Maybe he looked at it and Cant see a way to the field in 3 years. This is our second or third now that don’t feel they can compete. That should tell us that recruting is moving the right direction.

Sucks to lose talent but today vs a portal within a few weeks is worse. Best of luck to him.

Really sorry to lose Agu. he Has great size, speed, and athleticism…and his upside is huge after only playing the game a couple of years. Read that he was scared off by the two DE’s we’ve received commitments from for the 23 class. I don’t think this is a matter where he wanted to play right away, as much as a fear that he wouldn’t eventually start and see a lot of playing time given the competition. I think he is underselling his potential, but running away from competition is never a good thing. It will be interesting to see if he ends up with Lea at Vandy as a DE, or at one of the schools recruiting him as a TE.

Reactions: theskibro
Who else is on the DL list for 22 or so we try and add another for 23?
CA DT Hero Kanu just added our irish to his new top ten list after offering him. we are going all out for Lucas and Moss still and that is probably it after those three for this class

Reactions: IrishMike409
Really sorry to lose Agu. he Has great size, speed, and athleticism…and his upside is huge after only playing the game a couple of years. Read that he was scared off by the two DE’s we’ve received commitments from for the 23 class. I don’t think this is a matter where he wanted to play right away, as much as a fear that he wouldn’t eventually start and see a lot of playing time given the competition. I think he is underselling his potential, but running away from competition is never a good thing. It will be interesting to see if he ends up with Lea at Vandy as a DE, or at one of the schools recruiting him as a TE.
This. TelX must have kidney stones cause gems keep coming out of his mouth

ADVERTISEMENT