ADVERTISEMENT

Dante Moore

If the O-Line become road graders, this team will be very dangerous.
The personnel up front aren't " road grader " style with maybe the exception being Fisher. The last true "road grader " at ND was Q. You can achieve the same success with more athletic types like Alt. It's all about how they function as a unit.

Reactions: d1042
We should be able to run the ball. It boils down to the OL, which was not exactly an elite run blocking team last year. I expect improvement. Oregon averaged like 7 yards per carry against them. We all saw what Mich did. Have to dominate in trenches to win.
Tyler Buchner will be to Irish football what Eric Clapton was to rock n roll in the 70's with his guitar playing ! A God ! Let his disciples block for him ! Either way Tyler will run the show ! You will see !

The personnel up front aren't " road grader " style with maybe the exception being Fisher. The last true "road grader " at ND was Q. You can achieve the same success with more athletic types like Alt. It's all about how they function as a unit.
Let me rephrase, if they substantially improve their run blocking, they will be a very dangerous team.

It is interesting that the success of a football team depends so much on players (in particular line men) who do not get much in NIL.

Reactions: NDinNJ
It is interesting that the success of a football team depends so much on players (in particular line men) who do not get much in NIL.
The OL/DL is not the issue at Notre Dame. The last two recent playoff games, covering Clemson and Alabama's elite WR'S being thrown footballs from NFL Round 1 QB's was, and in turn, not having those same dynamic playmakers on offense.

Reactions: tbonesays
The OL/DL is not the issue at Notre Dame. The last two recent playoff games, covering Clemson and Alabama's elite WR'S being thrown footballs from NFL Round 1 QB's was, and in turn, not having those same dynamic playmakers on offense.
Thanks, but I was just making a general observation.

In the end Dante will end up Irish. The Irish will pay him top dollar and Marcus Freeman is the Greatest recruiter in college football today.
it's my understanding that Dante has committed someplace else and was playing Rees and Freeman. Which is why they went hard after CJ Carr. Still trying to work on my sources from Miami but haven't had them on the phone. ND is now focused on Avery Johnson and Brock Glenn for 2023.

Edit Lou was full of shit and this was untrue.

Allegedly (not my words), Loy said today that ND is done recruiting Moore. It seems Dante played his cards wrong and nearly all the schools recruiting him have moved on. I think the staff got a better understanding of his intentions/character and decided write the story/narrative. They gave everything to Dante. You can’t ask to be treated any better than ND treated him. NOBODY was exclusive or showed him love like that. But, you need a contingency. I hope they have a shot with AJ.

Avery Johnson is an underrated passer and not the major project he was made out to be by the Dante Moore maniacs. He’s trending and moving up. A legit 4 star, T15 QB that qualified for and is competing in the Elite 11 Finals in late June. I bet MF has already started the push.

Last edited:
Allegedly (not my words), Loy said today that ND is done recruiting Moore. It seems Dante played his cards wrong and nearly all the schools recruiting him have moved on. I think the staff got a better understanding of his intentions/character and decided write the story/narrative. They gave everything to Dante. You can’t ask to be treated any better than ND treated him. NOBODY was exclusive or showed him love like that. But, you need a contingency. I hope they have a shot with AJ.

Avery Johnson is an underrated passer and not the major project he was made out to be by the Dante Moore maniacs. He’s trending and moving up. A legit 4 star, T15 QB that qualified for and is competing in the Elite 11 Finals in late June. I bet MF has already started the push.
Been saying this for over a month now. Dante is not coming to ND.

Excellent article...

While I'd be happy to have Dante, the best scenario for ND is Buchner is a first or second round pick level QB. Then landing Carr/Sayin in '24 becomes the more important get. Obviously the best scenario is taking Moore and Sayin/Carr and Buchner is also developed into an elite QB. That might be unrealistic. I am really hopeful we don't play all in games for '24 (Carr is a Michigan legacy and if he has an ounce of interest in Michigan I would stop recruiting him exclusively).

However, if Buchner looks bad this season, we will not only need Dante, he will have been the most important player by far. If TB is bad and we miss Dante, we will be dumpster diving in the portal or playing Angeli/a true frosh. The most important thing for ND by far is that TB becomes a really good quarterback.

My personal opinion is a very early QB commit like Ohio State got from a '24 kid is better than Dante in '23. I have faith in TB. I also think Angeli can battle it out with Carr/Sayin/Avery Johnson. I'd love to get Sayin/Carr on board now, forget about Dante (assuming he's going to forget about us when Jimbo offers him a Lambo, he's also now OV'ing to Miami), and build the '24 class around him. An elite offensive class in '24 to combine with a T5 defensive class in '23.
No. If Buchner struggles (and he will at times as he's a sophomore) then you get competition for him next year. That's it. He's going to get better as he plays more.

We should be able to run the ball. It boils down to the OL, which was not exactly an elite run blocking team last year. I expect improvement. Oregon averaged like 7 yards per carry against them. We all saw what Mich did. Have to dominate in trenches to win.
Again, as the strength of OSU is the dl this game really doesn't boil down to ol. Even a very good ol is gonna struggle against OSU at times. It comes down to downfield blocking and attacking the lbs and the secondary which flat sucked last year. The ol plays. Apart, but Notre Dame isn't walking into the shoe and playing power football. Isn't happening. Buchner has to take advantage of the safeties and one on one coverage. Knowles is going to send people a lot in run blitzes until Buchner scares them out of it.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Again, as the strength of OSU is the dl this game really doesn't boil down to ol. Even a very good ol is gonna struggle against OSU at times. It comes down to downfield blocking and attacking the lbs and the secondary which flat sucked last year. The ol plays. Apart, but Notre Dame isn't walking into the shoe and playing power football. Isn't happening. Buchner has to take advantage of the safeties and one on one coverage. Knowles is going to send people a lot in run blitzes until Buchner scares them out of it.
Oregon averaged 7 yards per carry. The strength of OSU's team is not the DL.

Moore would transfer if Buchner is great and uses his eligibility, so to me, the all in with Moore sort of tells me the staff doesn't have faith in Buchner. Or they really think Moore would wait until his junior year to play, which I don't think they're that naive. Or, lastly, they have so much faith in TB that they think he will get drafted before his senior year.

My other concern is landing Moore alienates the '24 kids out of fear of saturated talent at the position (yes, that is a real thing despite Golson's assurance that we are going to land both Moore and Carr). So, quite plausibly you have a situation where Buchner becomes a legend (great), Moore decommits, we have no elite '24 kids, no '23 kid, so it's all Angeli's. If Angeli isn't good or he gets hurt, we have nobody or go dumpster diving in the transfer portal.
I don't recall the last time ND was saturated with talent at the quarterback position. Yes, there was a time when we had Claussen and Crist (and Sharpley).....but even then, the depth wasn't enormous. Right now, I think ND should be as focused and determined to land the very best Plan B quarterback available...and take him if he's ready to commit, with or without Dante Moore. If I look around the elite programs....I just don't see the feast or famine scenario at quarterback. The programs we are chasing at the top "get theirs". There needs to be one in this class, and every class. The portal has created an attrition challenge, and Notre Dame cannot allow itself to be short at quarterback. If the idea of signing two quarterbacks influences or insults Dante Moore, then he lacks the confidence needed anyway. Take Plan B now.....and leave the door open for Dante Moore. Chances are, someone transfers next year...but with elite programs, that's a by-product of their success.

I don't recall the last time ND was saturated with talent at the quarterback position. Yes, there was a time when we had Claussen and Crist (and Sharpley).....but even then, the depth wasn't enormous. Right now, I think ND should be as focused and determined to land the very best Plan B quarterback available...and take him if he's ready to commit, with or without Dante Moore. If I look around the elite programs....I just don't see the feast or famine scenario at quarterback. The programs we are chasing at the top "get theirs". There needs to be one in this class, and every class. The portal has created an attrition challenge, and Notre Dame cannot allow itself to be short at quarterback. If the idea of signing two quarterbacks influences or insults Dante Moore, then he lacks the confidence needed anyway. Take Plan B now.....and leave the door open for Dante Moore. Chances are, someone transfers next year...but with elite programs, that's a by-product of their success.
This is what they are doing according to insider info. Loy said yesterday they are essentially done recruiting Dante. It's go get a '23 kid or bust.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
Last year, tOSU gave up an average of 126.8 ypg....ND gave up 135.3. I'm not buying tOSU's weakness on defense, particularly when they are skewed due to one game. Both teams have a new defensive set up....if run defense is a liability for one of these teams...it is for both. There isn't a disparity to rely upon....imo.

No. If Buchner struggles (and he will at times as he's a sophomore) then you get competition for him next year. That's it. He's going to get better as he plays more.
I don't think there was a better quarterback in the country year before last than Ian Book when it came to taking off with the ball....then knowing exactly when to take a dive or dart out of bounds. That singular skill was a huge part of his game and success. It made up for other shortcomings in his game....and, without that skill, he would not have been nearly as successful. Defenses were forced to adapt to it. I would hope that Buchner develops that skill set...because it would preserve his health....as it did for Book. He takes too many hits...and no one bats a 1000. He's clearly a better runner than Book was...but he doesn't finish the play with near the level of safety and security that he needs to.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Last year, tOSU gave up an average of 126.8 ypg....ND gave up 135.3. I'm not buying tOSU's weakness on defense, particularly when they are skewed due to one game. Both teams have a new defensive set up....if run defense is a liability for one of these teams...it is for both. There isn't a disparity to rely upon....imo.
OSU doesn't really have any big weaknesses. DL is their weakest point, not that it's weak at all. That's where they were attacked in their two losses. They're a great team, not many holes. They are what they are. You have to take what you can. Particularly in the setting of the nations "#1 OL".

This is what they are doing according to insider info. Loy said yesterday they are essentially done recruiting Dante. It's go get a '23 kid or bust.
That's no reason to be a defeatist.

Nd failed recruiting QB for the 22 class looks like that’s likely again for the 23 class…. I’m no where as high on carr as some. One really good thing though is getting his commitment early means he brings and recruits l talent with him. That bothered me the most about moore. I’d moore wanted to win he would have committed earlier than chase money.

Nd failed recruiting QB for the 22 class looks like that’s likely again for the 23 class…. I’m no where as high on carr as some. One really good thing though is getting his commitment early means he brings and recruits l talent with him. That bothered me the most about moore. I’d moore wanted to win he would have committed earlier than chase money.
Carr looks really good at these camps. Hes very accurate and more athletic than people think. Looks like the real deal

Reactions: mirer03
Really? I think CJ is pretty damn good

He’s been crushing it at camps, like top overall at ELITE 11 Nashville. He was the consensus all star at Irish Invasion. He’s been called a legit 5 star by those in attendance. I think it’s clear that he’s head and shoulders above anyone we’ve gotten since JC as a pure pocket passer. He’s a good height at 6’2.5 (as a sophomore). He moves pretty well and is at least as athletic as Dante. The tape on him is scarcer than some. I would like someone to put together a legitimate highlight tape. I think based on the camps, he could move up from an already impressive #5. Will he pan out? Nothing is guaranteed.

Last edited:
This is another Jadarian for you

Both our starting DE's are 5* recruits, and the interior is improving. You're going to be in for a rude awakening if you think we are trotting out last year's defensive line.

Both our starting DE's are 5* recruits, and the interior is improving. You're going to be in for a rude awakening if you think we are trotting out last year's defensive line.

Doesn’t matter. OSU is not really weak anywhere. That’s my point. But someone is always weakest somewhere. You take what you can. So congrats. You’re dumber than ND fans about your own team. Now beat it before I send Ann Arbor, the whore to give you a spanking.

Doesn’t matter. OSU is not really weak anywhere. That’s my point. But someone is always weakest somewhere. You take what you can. So congrats. You’re dumber than ND fans about your own team. Now beat it.
If it doesn't matter then don't bring it up. Don't call someone dumber when your argument is to reach back to one particular game from last year to justify your argument. It's like me saying Ohio State will woop Notre Dame by 50 points because ND only beat Toledo by 3 points last year.

If it doesn't matter then don't bring it up. Don't call someone dumber when your argument is to reach back to one particular game from last year to justify your argument. It's like me saying Ohio State will woop Notre Dame by 50 points because ND only beat Toledo by 3 points last year.

Same happened with your fat ugly ex wife Ann Arbor when she slapped the shit out of you. Ohio State is on a slow decline. You just can’t see it yet. ND will dominate the Midwest for the next decade. And you better hope we keep plying Nice when it comes to NIL because our endowment is about 4 times larger than yours.

Last edited:
I've never understood why a fan of an opposing team would spend time responding on an opposing team's football message board. Can't imagine spending one second on a Michigan, fOSU, or USC site.

That said, "...to each their own."

Reactions: IrishBeer
I've never understood why a fan of an opposing team would spend time responding on an opposing team's football message board. Can't imagine spending one second on a Michigan, fOSU, or USC site.

That said, "...to each their own."

I just like to talk crap at times. I love other teams fans. I’m the nicest opposing fan ever in person, I just like talking trash. In the stadium, it’s all sportsmanship. I hate trashy fans.

I just like to talk crap at times. I love other teams fans. I’m the nicest opposing fan ever in person, I just like talking trash.
I love other team's fans as well. I just do not want to be in their Forum sparring back and forth.

Reactions: IrishBeer
Why are you trolling an ND board? If you can't take the comments on this board then go back to your own forum.

Reactions: sjb75
ADVERTISEMENT