ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Irish

O.T. (alert)

Congrats
California’s Governor has gotten the 1st bill passed to allow ‘human composting’, there are just so many things we can say about this, it leaves one speechless! (not a good day for the homeless)

Last edited:
O.T. (alert)

Congrats
California’s Governor has gotten the 1st bill passed to allow ‘human composting’, there are just so many things we can say about this, it leaves one speechless! (not a good day for the homeless)
Soylent Green in LA!

Strange responses to a message of congratulations. You beat a good UNC teams convincingly. Not sure what this has to do with Cal politics
, which I agree are horrific.
yea, but that’s a horse of a different color. but yea; I did Tag it as OT so those who don’t go to OT could avoid it. Still you got likes! Stockholm Syndrome is-alive and well.

Syndrome is-alive and well.

I have no idea what this means. Could you explain?
I'm going to guess that what he means, is that because you live in California, that just like poor souls suffering from the dreaded Stockholm syndrome, that you just can't see it anymore, as just an individual person, and voter and taxpayer who resides there. That the state of California, the government, the culture, the whole society at large, etc. etc... that they've beaten down you so badly in both body and soul, all those California liberals..... that you can't even recognize it anymore, and you helplessly run to their defense, against your better judgement, and all your normal god-fearing instincts.

So is that true? Have California liberals held you hostage as it were for so long and so brutally, that you're far too meek by now to put up any fight against it? Because I think that's what he's saying.

And I think you're right about USC. You guys should have lost that damn game. Very frustrating to see as a big Oregon St fan and I did catch the fourth quarter of that game. But I think it's a good sign that not only you pulled it out, but that it was a low scoring game. And it wasn't like you had to outscore them. So that's probably a good thing for USC. And you combine that with our blowout victory, now all bets are off, and I think we can take you guys...

I'm going to guess that what he means, is that because you live in California, that just like poor souls suffering from the dreaded Stockholm syndrome, that you just can't see it anymore, as just an individual person, and voter and taxpayer who resides there. That the state of California, the government, the culture, the whole society at large, etc. etc... that they've beaten down you so badly in both body and soul, all those California liberals..... that you can't even recognize it anymore, and you helplessly run to their defense, against your better judgement, and all your normal god-fearing instincts.

So is that true? Have California liberals held you hostage as it were for so long and so brutally, that you're far too meek by now to put up any fight against it? Because I think that's what he's saying.

And I think you're right about USC. You guys should have lost that damn game. Very frustrating to see as a big Oregon St fan and I did catch the fourth quarter of that game. But I think it's a good sign that not only you pulled it out, but that it was a low scoring game. And it wasn't like you had to outscore them. So that's probably a good thing for USC. And you combine that with our blowout victory, now all bets are off, and I think we can take you guys...
Yes, that makes sense...sort of. Except for my comment, " Not sure what this has to do with Cal politics, which I agree are horrific." But as to why I am here, I moved here from the Midwest when my father got a promotion. I was born in Indiana and lived in Michigan, which explains my affinity for the Irish.

What people do not understand about California is how large it is. It is about the size of Great Britain or Sweden. I live in Newport Beach, Orange County which is a great deal different from living in Venice or San Francesco. Think about the difference between the Notre Dame campus and many parts of South Bend. Two of my kids live here, so I will be staying

I am not sure what you mean by "fight against it". If you are asking if a do what i can within the law to oppose many aspects of California politics, the answer is yes. If the question is do I take to the street to protest, the answer is no. You can judge my "meekness" anyway you chose based on that.

As to the Oregon State game, I don't know why you think we should have lost, but we certainly could have. Oregon state is a fine football team and we were off our game. But it is hard to say any team which threw four interceptions, should have won.

As to USC vs. Notre Dame this year. At the start of the season I had this as a sure loss for USC. Now I have it as a probable loss for USC. This is based on a talent match up not the result of any one game. If we just look at a sub par performances one would have to say that the Marshall loss and needing a phantom offside call to beat Cal (the ref that called it was suspended) SC should win. But your talent matches directly with out weakness so I expect ND to prevail...this year.

People rather unfairly blame all of California for what the Left Coast does plus Sacramento.

The people in the rest of the state are politically powerless to do anything about it.

CA is the epitome of dystopian. People who live in oasis like Newport Beach with one of the more draconian police forces in the state are insulated from the rest of us who live amongst the chaos. Imagine having a 800k home and having a homeless guy camping at the bus stop down the street. And I live 30 miles from the coast in the foothill communities. And it's absolutely becoming an armpit. Comparing it to the "regions" in South Bend is like comparing apples and airplanes.

CA is the epitome of dystopian. People who live in oasis like Newport Beach with one of the more draconian police forces in the state are insulated from the rest of us who live amongst the chaos. Imagine having a 800k home and having a homeless guy camping at the bus stop down the street. And I live 30 miles from the coast in the foothill communities. And it's absolutely becoming an armpit. Comparing it to the "regions" in South Bend is like comparing apples and airplanes.
Yep, that is my point. There are good and bad places to live in California. If I lived in a situation such as yours, I would move rather than complain about it on a website, but that is up to you. Although Cal is dominated by liberal policies, these crop up everywhere. Trying to think of a former Major of South Bend but who cracked down on racist roads, but his name escapes me. Maybe he is on family leave.

Newport Beach has a draconian police force? Umm, okay. You sure you don't mean Anaheim, Firestone, South Central, Norwalk, Long Beach?

Last edited:
Yes, that makes sense...sort of. Except for my comment, " Not sure what this has to do with Cal politics, which I agree are horrific." But as to why I am here, I moved here from the Midwest when my father got a promotion. I was born in Indiana and lived in Michigan, which explains my affinity for the Irish.

What people do not understand about California is how large it is. It is about the size of Great Britain or Sweden. I live in Newport Beach, Orange County which is a great deal different from living in Venice or San Francesco. Think about the difference between the Notre Dame campus and many parts of South Bend. Two of my kids live here, so I will be staying

I am not sure what you mean by "fight against it". If you are asking if a do what i can within the law to oppose many aspects of California politics, the answer is yes. If the question is do I take to the street to protest, the answer is no. You can judge my "meekness" anyway you chose based on that.

As to the Oregon State game, I don't know why you think we should have lost, but we certainly could have. Oregon state is a fine football team and we were off our game. But it is hard to say any team which threw four interceptions, should have won.

As to USC vs. Notre Dame this year. At the start of the season I had this as a sure loss for USC. Now I have it as a probable loss for USC. This is based on a talent match up not the result of any one game. If we just look at a sub par performances one would have to say that the Marshall loss and needing a phantom offside call to beat Cal (the ref that called it was suspended) SC should win. But your talent matches directly with out weakness so I expect ND to prevail...this year.
I don't mean anything about anything. I'm just saying that guy brought up the 'Stockholm syndrome', which is the sort of thing that dude would say, and that's what happens when you are deep in the throes of it. And you can't fight back against your captors.....

And for now I'll just call it a toss-up. Depends on if we consolidate things between now and then. My gut feeling is we're going to be pretty competitive from here on out, which is cool, because I was none too pleased at the thought of ND completely sucking to the level of national laughingstock, which is where we were headed....

Yep, that is my point. There are good and bad places to live in California. If I lived in a situation such as yours, I would move rather than complain about it on a website, but that is up to you. Although Cal is dominated by liberal policies, these crop up everywhere. Trying to think of a former Major of South Bend but who cracked down on racist roads, but his name escapes me. Maybe he is on family leave.

Newport Beach has a draconian police force? Umm, okay. You sure you don't mean Anaheim, Firestone, South Central, Norwalk, Long Beach?
No I mean Newport bud. And it's not so easy to 'just move" Geezus!

No I mean Newport bud. And it's not so easy to 'just move" Geezus!
Newport doesn't have draconian police force.

Of course it isn't easy to move, many things are hard, but you seem to feel that where you live is, " absolutely becoming an armpit.": Seems like that is worth some effort. But maybe you feel differently about living in an armpit. With a house valued at 800 if would seem like you have some options.

I don't mean anything about anything. I'm just saying that guy brought up the 'Stockholm syndrome', which is the sort of thing that dude would say, and that's what happens when you are deep in the throes of it. And you can't fight back against your captors.....

And for now I'll just call it a toss-up. Depends on if we consolidate things between now and then. My gut feeling is we're going to be pretty competitive from here on out, which is cool, because I was none too pleased at the thought of ND completely sucking to the level of national laughingstock, which is where we were headed....
My gut feeling is we're going to be pretty competitive from here on out. I completely agree with this. it takes any coach a while to settle in. ND winning out would not surprise me.

Newport doesn't have draconian police force.

Of course it isn't easy to move, many things are hard, but you seem to feel that where you live is, " absolutely becoming an armpit.": Seems like that is worth some effort. But maybe you feel differently about living in an armpit. With a house valued at 800 if would seem like you have some options.
Man you are tone deaf. Where? give me a spot that has equivalent home values close to where I work? Please.... This guy man. He has some of you fooled but he's a patronizing tool bag!

My gut feeling is we're going to be pretty competitive from here on out. I completely agree with this. it takes any coach a while to settle in. ND winning out would not surprise me.
I'm definitely quick to judge, whoever the new coach was going to be, given how fond I was/am of BK. And things looked absolutely terrible the first three weeks. But we were just too awesome this past Saturday. I truly did feel like I was watching a game from 2019 or something, and we were just beating up on some random team. It was an uncanny feeling. So my faith has been restored....

And hopefully it's just more of the same, which is fine by me, I've gotten used to winning, and don't want to go back to not winning. It's you guys that are experiencing the real paradigm shift. And it's an exciting time to be a USC fan....

I'm definitely quick to judge, whoever the new coach was going to be, given how fond I was/am of BK. And things looked absolutely terrible the first three weeks. But we were just too awesome this past Saturday. I truly did feel like I was watching a game from 2019 or something, and we were just beating up on some random team. It was an uncanny feeling. So my faith has been restored....

And hopefully it's just more of the same, which is fine by me, I've gotten used to winning, and don't want to go back to not winning. It's you guys that are experiencing the real paradigm shift. And it's an exciting time to be a USC fan....
It certainly is. BYU has a pretty good team but you will win easily IMO. You feel even better then.

Man you are tone deaf. Where? give me a spot that has equivalent home values close to where I work? Please.... This guy man. He has some of you fooled but he's a patronizing tool bag!
This all depends on how you feel about living in an 'armpit." But you may have to move out of state and get a new job if it is something you don't like. Never been easier to get a job.

But if you think complaining will improve where you live, go with that. Everyone wants to improve their lives, those that do realize they sometimes have to do things that are hard.

be respectful! he is! he always offers respect

To beach: my apology, I was just curious to know if Californians were aware of Newsome pushing that. Ihad no intention of creating the insanity that followed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT